Adaptive Steering like it or hate it is worth the $$$

I got it.
It's free in Canada.....well it was on my Lariat, Sport, Ultimate, Tremor F350.
But yes i noticed when i built the same truck on the US site it was $1000.....not sure why the difference.
But yes i thought why not if it's free, it sounds like it should work well.

I got it.
It's free in Canada.....well it was on my Lariat, Sport, Ultimate, Tremor F350.
But yes i noticed when i built the same truck on the US site it was $1000.....not sure why the difference.
But yes i thought why not if it's free, it sounds like it should work well.

Really? That's wild. I got the exact same truck except for F250 and definitely not free to us. Seems like I read where the Canada trucks
get the engine block heater and the rapid heat module options for free as well.

I did not pay extra for adaptive steering. Adaptive cruise, on the other hand cost $740 extra, and that is pretty slick. I got the Lariat Ultimate package and maybe that was part of the package.

What are you guys thinking adaptive steering is? It is definitely a 1000 add. It changes the steering ratios to allow the vehicle to turn more with less steering wheel rotations. I am thinking there might be some confusion among us.

Confused. I ordered it but after checking the window sticker, it did not end up on the truck. Same as the fifth wheel prep package. That's why it was free.

What are you guys thinking adaptive steering is? It is definitely a 1000 add. It changes the steering ratios to allow the vehicle to turn more with less steering wheel rotations. I am thinking there might be some confusion among us.
I heard both good and bad from the video reviews. I did place my order with it. My current 350 crew cab is a handful to drive at slow speeds but is ok on Highway. So I am hopeful the system will give me nice feel of the road at highway speeds and ease the parking.

I ordered it. I think it’s great. Definitely makes the truck easier to steer around town. I think it helps more with our trucks with the bigger tires. Not likely a big deal with trucks with road tires. For me the extra cost wasn’t a big deal. $80k truck. What’s another $1k. Haha

Why do you love it????
Makes the truck easier to drive and park. My past 1 ton 4x4 were hard to drive and park. The option is worth every penny. I like the road feel when going down the highway at speeds and the ease of tight parking or the sharp turn at my boat launch

I do not have adaptive steering and my truck steers perfect, including parking lot maneuvers I did not do adaptive steering for 3 reason: the price of the option, just another wear point in the steering and another thing to go wrong.

This is the first time I have has the feature so I am not use to it. I feel the wheel shake when I come over the line but I think it's me trying not to make the wheel shake

that is not adaptive steering. If your feeling a shake when you cross the line, that's the lane keep. You can turn that off.

Back