Activate Vehicle - FordPass

adrienneweld

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F250 Platinum Tremor
Backstory -- The second I got my VIN, I put my vehicle in the FordPass app and that was obviously before the truck was even built.

When I got the truck and we tried to actually activate FordPass while in the truck, there was no button or option to activate. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it? My salesman and I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Ford to troubleshoot, nothing worked. My salesman had never seen the issue and he thought it may be because I entered the VIN prior to the truck being built?? Seems odd to me, I can't be the first person to do that ?

I did the same, and am having the same issues. Need to go back so they can take a look at it. I had to activate by connecting to a USB cable while in the truck. It then let me move forward but the buttons for remote starting, and lock/unlock do not function right now. The application also keeps asking for a code and confirming the code, even though it was already set.
We also removed the manually entered VIN and scanned the VIN before leaving but nothing was working as it should.

I did the same thing as soon as I got my VIN number. Once I took delivery I had to remove the vehicle from FordPass and then re-enter the VIN to set it up and everything worked.

So if you haven't, remove it from FordPass completely and redo it. If it's not working after that there may be something else going on.

Last edited:
did the same had to delete truck and scan the barcode on the door and worked instantly no issue since ... but heard some people have had to wait a few days

I removed the VIN and added it again, a few times. I even went as far as resetting the truck. I do have a claim into a tech higher up than the one I sat on the phone with for 30 minutes, but they told me it would be 5-7 business days before I got a call back.

I haven’t tried scanning the barcode on the door yet, that’s my next move!

Thanks y’all ??

Im pretty sure that the truck needs to be registered as mine didn't work for the first 4 weeks during covid after it was registered i re-added it and it worked for me. Otherwise I could walk around a ford lot and scoop 1,000s of points.

Had the same issues as all of you
Installed deleted installed again...did a master reset--nothing
Was told that they were doing a major update on ford pass
Finally after acouple days, the start lock unlock buttons showed up on my app
That was 2 weeks ago so sounds like they still have issues

Thats bummer, need the tech guy at the dealership to help out. The sales guy can only do so much. Some dealerships have a guy ( maybe a sales guy) that has more training/ experience for these type things. My salesman passed me over to one of these guys to finish up the delivery process and it was nice, he could see my level of "tech knowledge" and was able to set up things and speak with me in terms that I understood. Was a nice touch. Actually saved my time as well as theirs.

i’m going to try removing the vehicle again and keep it removed for a day or two to see if that will give it a “reset” — we shall see. hopefully they can figure it out though.

It will work give it a week. Great info in this thread as well.

It will work give it a week. Great info in this thread as well.

Thank you — after i posted this thread i figured i probably should have searched for one that was already started!

I just went through all this too. It took a few days for it all to start working. Just add the vehicle and wait. Btw I'm still waiting on the reward points to sho up too so if you haven't gotten them yet, then don't be in a hurry for that either.

I just went through all this too. It took a few days for it all to start working. Just add the vehicle and wait. Btw I'm still waiting on the reward points to sho up too so if you haven't gotten them yet, then don't be in a hurry for that either.
I had my vehicle added since I did the master reset on the truck (which was last tuesday) — today it still wasn’t ready to activate or activated so I deleted the VIN. I’ll try again then just have some patience I guess ?

Stopped at the dealer tonight to see if they could solve the problem. On an Android phone it was working just fine - it activated and remote controls worked. I was also able to see the alerts for a new phone and was able to permit them from my apple phone. Neither my apple phone or my wife's apple phone was able to use the remote controls. I'm not sure why, but it looks like something is being blocked either on the phone or from Ford's backend server.

Stopped at the dealer tonight to see if they could solve the problem. On an Android phone it was working just fine - it activated and remote controls worked. I was also able to see the alerts for a new phone and was able to permit them from my apple phone. Neither my apple phone or my wife's apple phone was able to use the remote controls. I'm not sure why, but it looks like something is being blocked either on the phone or from Ford's backend server.
so good to know — thank you!

Yea mine worked first time on android and all the sales guys at my dealer all used android ... But another reason why I hate iphone ... Over priced and still doesn't work... And no back button or finger print scanner

I got my truck in June and I still dont have the rewards points. Have called Ford multiple times and they supposedly put a priority flag on my account but still nothing.

There is an option in settings to activate

I had similar issues When I picked up the truck I was told it is simple to get this working, after two sales guys and the head of service couldn't get it working I figured it was up to me, I called FordPass tech support and they told me that the modem in the truck wasn't communicating and needed to be replaced. Long story short the modem was fine it was something on the backend that needed to be corrected. I was out in Colorado Elk hunting and decided to check it and the lock, unlock, start buttons showed up.

Back