Radarpa

Living the High Life
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 Blacked Out Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
2015 Chevy Tahoe
Hi All,
I currently have a 2020 Raptor and realized, like a lot of you I think, that it doesn't like to be weighted down and towing capacity sucks. So, I am ordering a Tremor. I have a couple of questions and am hoping that I can lean on your knowledge. First of all, I think I am going gas instead of diesel because of:
  1. Maintenance cost
  2. 10K uptick
  3. I am only going to pull between 10-12K lbs of travel trailer in the future.
Thoughts? I am also torn between the Lariat trim and the Platinum trim. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! Going with the Black color and no Chrome Trim.

Thanks for the help!

Well if you want the black out, you are stuck with the Lariat package, that is not an option on any other trim.

Well if you want the black out, you are stuck with the Lariat package, that is not an option on any other trim.
oh? I did not know this! Thanks for the help. Then the Lariat ultimate package it is!

Last edited:
@the_doc is correct. I was leaning towards a blacked out truck and it is only available in Lariat trim. However, I like the king ranch trim the most so I ended up ordering a black with stone gray two-tone accent. It replaces the chrome bumpers with the gray two-tone. So, I'm happy on both accounts. I do have a few small chrome pieces that I'll have powder coated or vinyl wrapped over time. Good Luck and congrats on the impending order!

@the_doc is correct. I was leaning towards a blacked out truck and it is only available in Lariat trim. However, I like the king ranch trim the most so I ended up ordering a black with stone gray two-tone accent. It replaces the chrome bumpers with the gray two-tone. So, I'm happy on both accounts. I do have a few small chrome pieces that I'll have powder coated or vinyl wrapped over time. Good Luck and congrats on the impending order!
Sounds like a great truck! Thanks for the information everyone. I am going to go with the Blackout Lariat. I have replaced chrome before and it's not fun to get it all!

I am waiting on my 2020 F350 Lariat with Sport, Ultimate and Tremor packages, plus other crap. Don't be surprised when the black rims show up with chrome lugs and the tailgate has a chrome faux handle on it. The handle is easily fixed by masking and spraying with the rubber coating.

Welcome to the forum. You will find a LOT of Raptor to Tremor owners here ?

so my only thought is 10-12K trailer @ 7-8mpg with gas or 12-15 with diesel, depends on how far you are pulling and how often, but i would weigh that into my calculations

so my only thought is 10-12K trailer @ 7-8mpg with gas or 12-15 with diesel, depends on how far you are pulling and how often, but i would weigh that into my calculations

I went through the same thought process between the 7.3L and 6.7L diesel. I know the cost is $8K higher for the diesel, so I will never drive far enough to make up the difference in gas. I also will be driving through the mountains this summer pulling a 7000lb TT so I really wanted the extra HP and torque from the diesel motor.

When it comes time to sell, the diesel will have more value, so I hope to make up the difference at that point.

PS. I am also a Raptor owner who wants to tow more... :cool:

When it comes time to sell, the diesel will have more value, so I hope to make up the difference at that point.

The Diesel costs $8k more, so it should resell for more. Ideally.

Hey all. Appreciate the thoughts between the 2 motors. I have the order in with the Godzilla motor. I didn’t see much value in the additional money for the diesel, although I do agree that it’s quite an awesome motor.

I added so many options to the lariat that I decided to just go platinum and get all the bells and whistles. Keep in mind that adaptive steering is not standard on most 2021 trims. I like the chrome accents, so the platinum appearance doesn’t bother me. I’d rather have all the features and toys. ?

I added so many options to the lariat that I decided to just go platinum and get all the bells and whistles. Keep in mind that adaptive steering is not standard on most 2021 trims. I like the chrome accents, so the platinum appearance doesn’t bother me. I’d rather have all the features and toys. ?
From what I could tell the only major difference between the 2 loaded options the is the aluminum trim pieces inside/out and the multi contour seats with the much nicer leather on Plat vs the blacked out look Lariat. Hopefully the Black out in 21 will not include the chrome tailgate handle. Personally like the Plat seats better and the interior AL trim pieces are a nice touch. Went Sport route since could configure more to my liking but would have preferred the Platinum interior if that would have been a option.

From what I could tell the only major difference between the 2 loaded options the is the aluminum trim pieces inside/out and the multi contour seats with the much nicer leather on Plat vs the blacked out look Lariat. Hopefully the Black out in 21 will not include the chrome tailgate handle. Personally like the Plat seats better and the interior AL trim pieces are a nice touch. Went Sport route since could configure more to my liking but would have preferred the Platinum interior if that would have been a option.
Yeah I agree. I will say my order sheet was simpler using platinum as the base option. Haha.

Hi All,
I currently have a 2020 Raptor and realized, like a lot of you I think, that it doesn't like to be weighted down and towing capacity sucks. So, I am ordering a Tremor. I have a couple of questions and am hoping that I can lean on your knowledge. First of all, I think I am going gas instead of diesel because of:
  1. Maintenance cost
  2. 10K uptick
Thoughts? I am also torn between the Lariat trim and the Platinum trim. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! Going with the Black color and no Chrome Trim.

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the forum @Radarpa - I'm also a Raptor Owner so let me know if you have any other questions when comparing the two.

I too was on the fence for months deciding between the two motors. I eventually decided on the diesel because I wanted the extra range when towing, diesel exhaust brake for the mountains, and the extra power when in the mountains. It seemed like they were also discounting the diesels more at the time I purchased so the difference was more around $5000-$6000.

The 7.3l has had a ton of good reviews. I don't think you can go wrong with it. It will definitely be cheaper to maintain!

Hi All,
  1. Maintenance cost
  2. 10K uptick

Thanks for the help!
I would go platinum trim if you can afford it lots of extras ??

If you are going F350 and ever plan to buy a full wall slide-in truck camper (admittedly a tiny proportion of the population), the diesel could have you rolling illegal on GVWR when you add in wet weight, passengers, crap, etc. If that matters to you. Even the 7.3 Tremors can be borderline, actually, when totaled up and all-in. Payload on the F350 6.7 is 3300-3500 lbs, and 3800-4000 lbs on the 7.3.

I had talked myself into the 6.7 due to a lot of the same stuff mentioned by others above, but kind of came back down to the reality of the 7.3 after digging further into truck campers and legalities.

I would go platinum trim if you can afford it lots of extras ??

Like What?

The only true "Value" feature the platinum has a Lariat cannot is the Multi Contour Seats.

Sure more soft touch areas, badging, and upgraded leather but really there isnt much to a Platinum other than badging and chrome.

Like What?

The only true "Value" feature the platinum has a Lariat cannot is the Multi Contour Seats.

Sure more soft touch areas, badging, and upgraded leather but really there isnt much to a Platinum other than badging and chrome.

My wife said the butt massaging seats were a requirement if we were buying a super duty. ?

Back