About to be a new owner of a 2022 F350 Tremor

sawinlogs

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
I've been reading a lot of posts on here about people ordering, wanting to order, or have ordered a 2022 model Super Duty. This is my first post. My last two trucks were F150's. I bought a new silver crew cab F150 with the Triton V-8 in 2006 and then in 2017 I sold it and bought a 2017 F150 with the 3.5L twin turbo ecoboost with the electronic 10 speed transmission. I just sold that and banked my equity for a down payment of the 2022 F350 Tremor I just ordered. Well I ordered it back on May 26th. I'm not sure when it was assigned a VIN number but I inquired with the dealer today and they got the info. It has a VIN number and is locked in to be built on July 20th. After that the transit time should be about 3 weeks so we will have it by mid August. I was annoyed that they discontinued the velocity blue and I was able to see antimatter blue on an Explorer and decided I didn't really like it so I went with atlas blue. It is being built at the Avon Lake, Ohio plant.

I've been reading a lot of posts on here about people ordering, wanting to order, or have ordered a 2022 model Super Duty. This is my first post. My last two trucks were F150's. I bought a new silver crew cab F150 with the Triton V-8 in 2006 and then in 2017 I sold it and bought a 2017 F150 with the 3.5L twin turbo ecoboost with the electronic 10 speed transmission. I just sold that and banked my equity for a down payment of the 2022 F350 Tremor I just ordered. Well I ordered it back on May 26th. I'm not sure when it was assigned a VIN number but I inquired with the dealer today and they got the info. It has a VIN number and is locked in to be built on July 20th. After that the transit time should be about 3 weeks so we will have it by mid August. I was annoyed that they discontinued the velocity blue and I was able to see antimatter blue on an Explorer and decided I didn't really like it so I went with atlas blue. It is being built at the Avon Lake, Ohio plant.
Wasn't aware Ohio Assembly did Tremors according to Ford's site, only chassis cabs and larger trucks. Congrats on the order!
EK0En3V.png

Wasn't aware Ohio Assembly did Tremors according to Ford's site, only chassis cabs and larger trucks. Congrats on the order!
EK0En3V.png
I was expecting it to be built at the Kentucky truck plant but my 11th VIN is E which is the Ohio plant unless I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time). The Kentucky plant changeover takes place around the same time frame but they might be gearing up to build something else. Its all the same to me.

I was expecting it to be built at the Kentucky truck plant but my 11th VIN is E which is the Ohio plant unless I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time). The Kentucky plant changeover takes place around the same time frame but they might be gearing up to build something else. Its all the same to me.
The code for Avon Lake, OH is "D".
The code for Kentucky is "E". Your truck will be built in Kentucky.

Welcome to the forum @sawinlogs and congrats on the order! Hopefully Ford is back on track with Super Duty production and you'll see it on time.

Don't let the downers deter yer positive attitude. There will be some come on here & tell ya about delays. Think positive & enjoy the wait. Plenty to learn.
Welcome and congrats! ole Mr. Mallerd is right you got plenty of time...I have read the manual twice, cut my yard 16x, killed 3 turkeys, went on trout fishing/backpacking trip, and been to the beach twice in the 130 days I have been waiting for my truck to be built...nothing you can do but enjoy the wait!

Back