About got T-boned

pkrexer

Tremoraholic
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 6.7L Tremor
So I had weird thing happen to me tonight and I recall hearing someone else having this issue as well.

I was coming down a pretty steep driveway and was coasting out into the intersection before punching it. There was a car coming, but should have had plenty of time. When I stepped on the gas, it felt like nothing was there... for a moment I thought the damn truck stalled. It took a good 2-3 seconds before the truck responded and power returned but almost caused the car to hit me.

I've had the truck for about a month now and it was my first time experiencing this. It felt like traction control kicked on and cut the engine. Freaked me out... I hope this doesn't continue to happen.

use the sport mode next time

I think its the damn drive by wire. Ive noticed at times the pressure on the pedal and the rate of response is not always consistent. Seems to happen more when in eco mode.

Happened to me, I think it has to do with Ford’s torque management to prevent all the power from dumping into the tranny. I think it needs some refinement as it happens when you barely start moving, let off and then get on it. My old truck did it way worse so got used to not pulling out in front of people and getting into the throttle earlier then I need to.

It has also happened to me several times and is quite dangerous(Even in sport mode which I normally use). I have no confidence in what kind of throttle response your going to get in this truck and by far the only thing I do not like about it. The last time it did it, I was negotiating a tight turning onramp onto a highway and was trying to get in front of traffic that was coming at highway speeds. I floored the truck and nothing, rpm did not change and nothing happened. Then all of sudden, the tranny abruptly down shifted and the power finally came on. If it is torque management or drive by wire crap, Ford needs to be fix this before it kills someone. It is so unpredictable, sometimes you will accelerate the exact same way and no problem with response (smokes the Goodyears in sport mode). Sport mode definitely helps with throttle response, but it will still do it. From my experience with issue, I feel it has to do with the drive by wire crap and not the torque management, but who knows.

My '15 6.7l did not do this, you could feel torque management/turbo lag/traction control at times but never played dead like this truck does. To be honest, other than the great fuel mileage I get with the 10 speed transmission, I prefer the old 6.7l 6spd transmission combo.

If you have this issue please take it to the dealer and complain. If enough people start complaining, maybe Ford will have to come up with a fix. Meanwhile, at some point I'm going to try one of these pedal commanders to see if it helps the problem.

Ford if you are listening fix this issue before you kill someone!!!!!!

I plan on eventually getting a 5 star tune.

Get some kind of throttle controller (Banks Pedal Monster, Pedal Commander)
Makes a big difference
Snake which one do you prefer. Banks Pedal Monster or Pedal Commander. I don’t have my truck yet but 11/30 the start to build my 2021 F350 6.7 Platinum. So I’m starting to get my mods now.
Also I wanted to purchase Power Stop Brake Set Up. Amazon had Power Stop K6820-36 front and rest Z36 Truck and Tow Brake Kit. Pads and Rotors for about for 573$ I put in F350 2019 even though I’m getting the 2021.
Would you confirm what I should get. Thanks Snake.

K6820-36 is the wrong kit.
You want the K6405-36
I have the Banks pedal Monster. It has a few more features/safeties than the others
Thanks Snake I appreciate It Brother. We had a Motor Cycle thread with everyone showing off their sleds. Do you ride my brother. Also we had a thread whats your other Ride. everyone showing off sick rides. Sure would like to see some of your builds my friend.

Thanks Snake I appreciate It Brother. We had a Motor Cycle thread with everyone showing off their sleds. Do you ride my brother. Also we had a thread whats your other Ride. everyone showing off sick rides. Sure would like to see some of your builds my friend.
I posted two of my personal cars from the Snake Pit line up in the “Other rides” thread
I don’t want to take over the OP’s thread posting other TSP builds

Not of fan of five star any other tunes out there?

pkrexor, richtor, others,
like others have mentioned, take a look at this. for both 6.7L & 7.3L engines
Banks Pedal Monster (⬅ click on it )

Good Day To You My Friend Todd. I looked it up and it has 4 options for the 6.7L Two options have monitors and two dont. Im all in for everything i can put into my beast, but are you getting one and going with the monitor. 300$ with out screen and 600$ and 700$ options with the monitor. Thanks anyone elses input would help.

So I had weird thing happen to me tonight and I recall hearing someone else having this issue as well.

I was coming down a pretty steep driveway and was coasting out into the intersection before punching it. There was a car coming, but should have had plenty of time. When I stepped on the gas, it felt like nothing was there... for a moment I thought the damn truck stalled. It took a good 2-3 seconds before the truck responded and power returned but almost caused the car to hit me.

I've had the truck for about a month now and it was my first time experiencing this. It felt like traction control kicked on and cut the engine. Freaked me out... I hope this doesn't continue to happen.
This is usually caused by 2 foot driving. I think we all tend to do it at times. It is a safety measure built in to not allow the throttle to increase if your foot is on the brake. Very common question that happens with most makes. Remember the Toyota unintended acceleration situation? This is a remedy that most manufacturers use to alleviate the situation. Try it out on purpose and you will be able to Duplicate it. Most of us 2 foot it at times like in this situation you mention.

Tell your truck to stop and to go at the same time - stop will win.

Sorry when I checked it out on my phone they have the stand alone option you posted but when I did it on my laptop it shows 4 options. 2 have gauge that leave out for display and can make modifications on the gauge rather than go into your phone with an app.

Back