AAWireless for wireless android auto on sync 3

async

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 CG Lariat 6.7L
I'm really interested in this:

Has anyone ordered one? I will give it a try once they are available.
If it works it would be a great solution for us android auto users with sync 3.
The cable/disconnect issues are really annoying, as is just having to plug in your phone everytime...

I'm really interested in this:

Has anyone ordered one? I will give it a try once they are available.
If it works it would be a great solution for us android auto users with sync 3.
The cable/disconnect issues are really annoying, as is just having to plug in your phone everytime...
I ordered two when the campaign first launched before it got popular and am in the first group of orders. I saw the limit of 250 total orders for 2x units and jumped on it. I got a shipping notice this week and it's coming from Hong Kong so it may be a while yet before they start showing up in the US.

When I get it I'll let you know although I'm pretty sure it will be fine as they tested with Sync3 and it worked great.

I ordered two when the campaign first launched before it got popular and am in the first group of orders. I saw the limit of 250 total orders for 2x units and jumped on it. I got a shipping notice this week and it's coming from Hong Kong so it may be a while yet before they start showing up in the US.

When I get it I'll let you know although I'm pretty sure it will be fine as they tested with Sync3 and it worked great.
Awesome!

Yes, please let me know how it works. I'm very interested!
I will likely place an order once they are accepting them.

Haven't had an update in the last couple days, but it's in the US at least.

3_29_2021_update.PNG

I have one on order. I am just under order #9600. Hoping it works out well.

They were delivered yesterday, but I was busy and had to leave town in the afternoon and didn't get back until late. I should have some time to set this up later today.

PXL_20210401_141701080.jpg

PXL_20210401_141932122.jpg

Packaging looks nice.
Super small. Looks like it will fit in the cubby very nicely.

Thanks for posting updates!

Well that was pretty easy! Took maybe 2 minutes to hook up and get running. It's all automatic and the instructions to get it started are perfect. Make sure your AA settings enable wireless, download the app, and it will walk you through the rest. From the time the struck was started, app downloaded, and it was searching/pairs to the device it probably wasn't 30 seconds.

I was shocked when it first connected because it seemed too easy. Then to make sure I turned off the truck, started it back up and Android Auto was on my Sync3 Screen in exactly 8 seconds from push button start.

I played around with Spotify and then charged my phone wirelessly. Fantastic. Such a game changer really. I dread every time we go on a trip in my wife's car because AA is notoriously picky with our phones. So I'm hoping the second unit will keep that to minimum if not resolve it completely. I'm going to get hers running later this afternoon.

Here's the App screen (pretty basic. but functional which is all that matters):

Screenshot_20210401-121908.png

Oh man, that is exciting! I placed my order as they're taking new orders now. Probably get it June.

Please report back after using it for a few weeks and let us know if its reliable.

Well that was pretty easy! Took maybe 2 minutes to hook up and get running. It's all automatic and the instructions to get it started are perfect. Make sure your AA settings enable wireless, download the app, and it will walk you through the rest. From the time the struck was started, app downloaded, and it was searching/pairs to the device it probably wasn't 30 seconds.

I was shocked when it first connected because it seemed too easy. Then to make sure I turned off the truck, started it back up and Android Auto was on my Sync3 Screen in exactly 8 seconds from push button start.

I played around with Spotify and then charged my phone wirelessly. Fantastic. Such a game changer really. I dread every time we go on a trip in my wife's car because AA is notoriously picky with our phones. So I'm hoping the second unit will keep that to minimum if not resolve it completely. I'm going to get hers running later this afternoon.

Here's the App screen (pretty basic. but functional which is all that matters):

View attachment 21110
does this work with also using the trucks wifi, i use the truck wifi every day

I would like to have this but not sure how much I would use it. I normally plug my phone in to charge and it wouldnt charge wirelessly with my case anyway. 90 bux shipped seems ok if it were avail today, may wait until they get the bugs flushed out are ready to ship normally.

I would like to have this but not sure how much I would use it. I normally plug my phone in to charge and it wouldnt charge wirelessly with my case anyway. 90 bux shipped seems ok if it were avail today, may wait until they get the bugs flushed out are ready to ship normally.
Honestly my own experience with two units and what I'm reading elsewhere very few bugs. There are a few known issues with some vehicle systems and phones, but outside that it's smooth sailing for everyone else. It does work quite beautifully and so far setup once and forget it.

So for using it now about a week I'm pretty impressed. It works just as advertised and I'm connected to AA wirelessly most of the time before I make it out of my driveway.

I've had a few issues off and on, but they ALL are related to Sync3 and things I had going on prior to use the new app/device for wireless connectivity. So really I have zero complaints about device. Hopefully soon Ford provides a Sync3 update to address one big major issue that they know about.

The issue I'm having is it seems that when the ringer is set to phone it will get reset back to the Sync3 ringer at some point in time. I used to think it had something to do with retuning the truck, but I haven't done that in a while and multiple times I get a call and there's no audio and sure enough it's defaulted back to the first Sync3 ringer (obvious when it happens because the Sync3 ringer on the incoming call). Whenever this happens it also resets the ambient lighting level back to zero oddly enough. Those are the only two settings I've noticed changing on their own.

One thing to be aware of too is since I believe the USB plugin under the console with the wireless charger has power after ignition off it will still try to connect to AA which means your Bluetooth connections will go to AAWireless and be connected to the device with the truck off. A few times I had to disable Bluetooth/wireless in order to take a call standing outside my truck after a recent key off situation. I happened to be working next to my truck and had it on a couple different times and it got a little annoying. It does a GREAT job of connecting automatically and will turn on your wireless automatically too even if you had it off. I'm not sure how often that's going to be a problem I think it was just a function of where I was and what I was doing at the time that it kept switching over which doesn't allow you to talk on the phone like normal. Have to disable Bluetooth and wireless so it will switch to your phone only for the call, however, it's very persistent.

Due to the Sync3 issue above I've had to do this while driving which complete defeats the purpose of hands free calling and makes it much more of a pain to accept a call. Not an AAWireless issue though at all as mentioned above.

New app and firmware updates rolling out this week.

They already addressed one of my issues above with the device connecting when near the vehicle even when it's off.

AAWireless_new_functionality.PNG

Now if only a Sync3 update would come out soon to address the ringer issue...

Now if only a Sync3 update would come out soon to address the ringer issue...

This is definitely the problem I've been having, but a little concerned it only lists Sync 3.1 and 3.2 though.

Going to have to try the steering wheel answer call to see if that makes a difference for me or not. The change the ringer does seem to help but it ends up reverting back to the default and you can't change the setting while connected to AA.

I received my AAWireless last week and couldn't be happier. Besides needing to download the app on the Play Store it felt mostly plug and play. I just tuck it in the cubby where the wireless charger is and keep the list closed, and you cant tell I even have it.

Apparently they are so sought after right now they are going for insane prices on eBay. Luckily, I was able to find someone selling theirs at cost.

I ordered 2nd gen version still waiting on mine to arrive.

Back