A pillar lights

Nceth90

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Military
Navy
Current Ride
2020 Ford Tremor
Anyone have any good hood light mount kits that they've purchased. I really like the ones I see on Jeeps with the dual pods on either side but haven't had much luck finding that. Thanks in advance!

SDHQ A-Pillar mounts with Baja Designs XL80s... best combo out there... you can get those at offroadalliance, neogarage, 4x4truckleds and the other usual suspects ;)
Sweet. Thanks man. Does it come as a kit with the appropriate wiring?

Sweet. Thanks man. Does it come as a kit with the appropriate wiring?
It usually does when bought as a kit but Chris from Offroadalliance for example will suggest you the right harness and include it in the deal.

I had been looking at the Baja Designs LP6s, but I think the LP4s look cleaner and less bulky. I've seen some reflection on the hood for the driving/spot combo lights, so I'm leaning more towards spots. A floodlight pointed off to the sides as a ditch light could come in handy for others though.

I had been looking at the Baja Designs LP6s, but I think the LP4s look cleaner and less bulky. I've seen some reflection on the hood for the driving/spot combo lights, so I'm leaning more towards spots. A floodlight pointed off to the sides as a ditch light could come in handy for others though.
I wouldn’t get the LP series for the a-pillars. They’re quite a bit bigger than the XL80s, obstructing view and creating wind noise. The XL80s look great too in size AND they have a much better lumen/light output than the LP6s for LESS money

Also just an FYI: with the XL80s I had no issue of reflection on the hood at all. I had the amber Driving/Combo mounted on my raptor, gonna go same route with the Tremor

Anyone ever mess around with Rigid lights? The D-Series ones look nice and they're less than half the cost. I had Baja Design fog light kit on my 2018 raptor and it was great but honestly probably overkill for my personal needs.

Anyone ever mess around with Rigid lights? The D-Series ones look nice and they're less than half the cost. I had Baja Design fog light kit on my 2018 raptor and it was great but honestly probably overkill for my personal needs.
Rigids are great too. Not necessarily comparable in quality but some members on here have the D SS Pro on the a pillars and say great things about the pair

Rigids are great too. Not necessarily comparable in quality but some members on here have the D SS Pro on the a pillars and say great things about the pair
I went with the D Series Pro, liked what I saw from a YouTube video. I'm assuming they'll work with the SDHQ mounts.

Attachments

• Rigid.jpg
    Rigid.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 8
^ Yes, the Rigid D2 is listed as compatible on the SDHQ list.

I wouldn’t get the LP series for the a-pillars. They’re quite a bit bigger than the XL80s, obstructing view and creating wind noise. The XL80s look great too in size AND they have a much better lumen/light output than the LP6s for LESS money
Yah I agree the LP6s are too big and that's why I like the LP4s more. Out of the spotlight options the LP4 was stronger at 7k lumens than the XL Racer at 4k lumens. If I end up switching to a combo light then the XL80s are definitely a better deal at 9.5k lumens for around the same price.

SDHQ A-Pillar mounts with Baja Designs XL80s... best combo out there... you can get those at offroadalliance, neogarage, 4x4truckleds and the other usual suspects ;)
Hey, I finally got around to installing the SDHQ mounts I bought. They didn't come with any instructions. Were you able to find a video anywhere on how to install them? Thanks for the help.

Dang, never mind. Just saw the link on the piece of paper that came with it.

Anyone have a video of it? I'm having a hell of a time following these.
Just installed these they seem to work pretty well....loosen hood bolts slide these in between retighten hood bolts....done took me 10 min....they are rock solid! cant wait to get some lights mounted to them....!

Anyone have a video of it? I'm having a hell of a time following these.
Honestly, the folks over at the fordraptorforum.com have a lot of install & help threads. Search there, I’m sure your issues have been previously discussed by someone that’s done the SDHQs

Baja Design, SDHQ
Hardest part was the pillar mounts, but they had good insructions.

Attachments

• 9EAA2BC2-01C5-4B36-89DE-A4799A5E0613.jpeg
    9EAA2BC2-01C5-4B36-89DE-A4799A5E0613.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 145

Latest Discussions

Back