A little bummed - Adaptive Cruise

Vicious-Peanut

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Hey all,

Let me preface this with I love my truck!

But since lucking into it I realized it does not have Adaptive Cruise and I feel like I am missing out because I was going to order but when I found the truck on the lot I didn’t think to check. It has everything else I want aside from rain sensing wipers which I can get over pretty easy.

Is it that great? I know you can add the sensor but the programming is probably hard if not impossible.

Listen, these fourms can drive you nuts about this and that options. Don't dwell on it. Are you missing out? Fuck no. You have a Tremor. How many superduty owners wish they would've checked that box when ordering thier truck? You have an awesome truck that looks great and gets stares where ever you are. Don't sweat it about this and that.

I didn't order the adaptive cruise control because I didn't want it.
If I'm in traffic i won't have the cruise on??
Didn't order a sun roof either : )

@Warpath is a great poet and philosopher. Listen to his words. Also, adaptive cruise control makes the front bumper air flow off center. Personally, that would drive me crazy.

Thanks all. It just seems odd with the Ultimate package to not have it but Ford does packages weird.

Does seem like progress has been made with adding to the truck later but definitely not something I’m eager to try before a payment is made. Lol

@Warpath is a great poet and philosopher. Listen to his words. Also, adaptive cruise control makes the front bumper air flow off center. Personally, that would drive me crazy.
Lol, a real wordsmith.

I did not check that box, but after all I live in Vermont and drive on dirt back roads. Rush hour here is cows crossing to be milked. I’m not missing it!

Hey all,

But since lucking into it I realized it does not have Adaptive Cruise and I feel like I am missing out because I was going to order but when I found the truck on the lot I didn’t think to check. It has everything else I want aside from rain sensing wipers which I can get over pretty easy.

Is it that great? I know you can add the sensor but the programming is probably hard if not impossible.

I have it on my Raptor and very rarely do I ever use it. I like being in control!

I did not check that box, but after all I live in Vermont and drive on dirt back roads. Rush hour here is cows crossing to be milked. I’m not missing it!

Oh I definitely have traffic here but I’ve never had it before and I’ve been fine. Just sounds like something that would be nice to have but I’ll survive lol

It’s a cool feature but definitely not life altering. I have it in my truck and enjoy the extra functionality but don’t beat yourself up about it. I don’t think I’d miss it if I didn’t have it.

I think that feature for the most part has a "love or hate" I personally hate it... I feel that I do a better job. Just tell yourself
that you would be in the camp of the haters and enjoy your awesome Tremor.

Hey all,

We have it in our MDX and it is not that neat. Personally I would prefer not to have it on a vehicle, at least on the MDX a simple windshield replacement is not simple. After using it a few times I really don't see any advantage to having it. I don't like rain sensing wipers either and I live Portland where it rains 7 months of the year.

first of all the biggest problem is Jackwagons going slow in the left lane. I like to set my cruise and move, normally passing guys that are in the right lane. However often ( an on weekends/ busy travel times) there is some jackwagon going slow in the left lane and won't move over.
That's the bigger problem than the cruise control . I will always move to the right lane if somebody is coming up behind me. However that is most likely not the case.

I have it and would get it again. I also would buy my next truck off the lot if it had everything else I wanted and not a/c. You aren't missing out.

I understand where your coming from. It drives me bat $**t crazy that I didn't get the dual battery heavy duty alternator option. I don't need it and won't ever suffer from not having it but somehow I screwed up when I did my research and just missed it as an option. I've gotten where I go without thinking about it until a thread like this comes up and I start to grind my teeth again. So thanks, I blame you this time.....:mad:;)

Lol sorry bmexline. Agreed on a lot of the points. I tend to drive around people who are going slower than me long before I get to them so I guess that functionality of slowing down would be aggravating at best.

I guess I just have an irrational fear of making some critical mistake. I guess I’ll just have to keep doing my wipers myself and actually paying attention ?

first of all the biggest problem is Jackwagons going slow in the left lane. I like to set my cruise and move, normally passing guys that are in the right lane. However often ( an on weekends/ busy travel times) there is some jackwagon going slow in the left lane and won't move over.
That's the bigger problem than the cruise control . I will always move to the right lane if somebody is coming up behind me. However that is most likely not the case.

“Jackwagon“ . . . . think I’ll be adding that to my repertoire,

“Jackwagon“ . . . . think I’ll be adding that to my repertoire,
I use alternate terminology, I am not sure how the admin would feel about that language on this site

Back