A Hack is needed?, installing Front WeatherTech Mud Flaps for the Ford F-250 F-350 Tremor.

DIY10-85RAY

Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F-350 Tremor
First Responder
Retired MOS
GM, To all my fellow Tremor crew,
Here is part 2 of my install of the WeatherTech Mud Flaps to my 2020 Ford F350 Tremor. Here is what I learned and want to share. I hope to this help you

I ran into the same issue with my installation. Called Weathertech and they sent me the correct screws about a week later. I have a picture posted of both the screws (OEM and new ones that actually fit) and the bag with the part number for the correct ones on my build thread. Im hoping if enough people call to complain, they might start adding the correct screws to the package to begin with. ??‍♂️

I ran into the same issue with my installation. Called Weathertech and they sent me the correct screws about a week later. I have a picture posted of both the screws (OEM and new ones that actually fit) and the bag with the part number for the correct ones on my build thread. Im hoping if enough people call to complain, they might start adding the correct screws to the package to begin with. ??‍♂️
I agree 100%. I didn’t want to wait for a week for just four screws. It just Doesn’t make sense they don’t include the right length. Overall I love the mudflaps but come on WeatherTech really?

I installed my Weathertech splash guards today, front and rear. Was thinking I was going to have to search for screws in my garage or go and pick some up, but the OEM ones worked fine. The issue is the piece that they screw into is not secure. I just reached up and pushed it forward as I was putting the screws back in and everything went back together. Would 1/4" longer screws included in the kit be nice? Yes, but not a necessity.

My Weather Techs installed themselves was no issues.

I installed my Weathertech splash guards today, front and rear. Was thinking I was going to have to search for screws in my garage or go and pick some up, but the OEM ones worked fine. The issue is the piece that they screw into is not secure. I just reached up and pushed it forward as I was putting the screws back in and everything went back together. Would 1/4" longer screws included in the kit be nice? Yes, but not a necessity.
That is why I started that you should check your OEM screws. If they don’t work follow my setup. Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the video! Excellent job and very useful.

I love the look of the weather tech. Install seems easy enough. What is the cost? I was debating getting the OEM when I placed my order but price seemed a bit much. So figuring out what to do when the truck arrives next month. How do these compare to the Ford flaps?

Cost is why I went with Weathertech for both my F350 and my wife's new 20 Explorer ST. They are only $80 for the front and rear plus tax and shipping. I ended up pay $97 per set and install was a breeze.

Thanks for the video! Excellent job and very useful.

I love the look of the weather tech. Install seems easy enough. What is the cost? I was debating getting the OEM when I placed my order but price seemed a bit much. So figuring out what to do when the truck arrives next month. How do these compare to the Ford flaps?
Check the links below in the description of the video. I listed part numbers and links to the items

I was unable to reuse the factory bottom screws also. I guess I should have referred to this Tremor group before trying to install them. I called weathertech to see if they would send me the longer ones and they told me that my only option would be to go to a hardware store and purchase longer screws. I told them they have an issue with this product and they just brushed it off like I was crazy. They did refund my shipping cost.

Yeah man. Should have checked here. I ran into the same issue when I put mine on. It took some fighting but I got them to send the correct screws. They are full of it telling you otherwise. I have a picture of the correct package with part number from them on my build thread. I’ll throw them on here too. I told them months ago that they had an issue with the fronts. Apparently that meant nothing to them. At least you got a few bucks back.
CC9CA424-CA6B-4DBC-A210-1F3772CF984A.jpeg
DA3AE8F0-B447-4FB6-9417-53688A0265AA.jpeg

I have a F-250 Tremor being built. Didn't see any mention of flared fenders in the description.

Do I order Weathertech mud flaps for flared fenders or not flared?

Thanks

I have a F-250 Tremor being built. Didn't see any mention of flared fenders in the description.

Do I order Weathertech mud flaps for flared fenders or not flared?

Thanks
I ordered the flared. All Tremors should have the flares unless they changed it on 2022's.

I ordered the flared version. I called them right after I placed the order and told them I needed the longer screws for my tremor package. They did not ship it with the order, but 2 packs of the screws arrived a couple of days later.

Back