A better way... inventory search?

TrackRat

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor
Current Ride #2
2020 Shelby GT350
Maybe there is a better way to search Ford inventory but right now I am using the website and limited to a 100 mile radius from any given zip code... literally I am plugging zip codes in up and down the west coast and Midwest. Any way to access inventory with a larger radius?

Not that i have found. Iv been doing the same thing.

Nope, had to go to Iowa to get mine and I’m in AZ. Also, if you select multiple packages it is an “OR” search. So I just selected Tremor and models I wanted, then looked at prices to find one with Sport and Ultimate packages.

Go to the actual link and plug in 500 miles. I can’t dont this via cell but on a computer it works great. There are still limitations though. Rio Vista’s special order does not show up. It does not work with 1000 miles or 600 miles...haha

100 miles is 14 matches

500 miles is 39 matches

Last edited:
How did you get 500 in there?

How did you get 500 in there?
Just tried it. Select your zip, options and 100. Then search, then click on url and change the radius to 500. Not sure what you are looking for, but Surprise Ford here in AZ has a badass Rapid Red Tremor loaded up.

you manually change the URL and replace the mileage number

Ah. sweet. Thank you

Maybe there is a better way to search Ford inventory but right now I am using the website and limited to a 100 mile radius from any given zip code... literally I am plugging zip codes in up and down the west coast and Midwest. Any way to access inventory with a larger radius?

plugging in zipcodes was how I found mine

Plugging 500 miles (or whatever) in the URL works. But based on a bunch of coast to coast searched I believe that the limiting factor of radius actually searched is whatever radius yields 100 dealers. By scrolling down the list of dealers on a bunch of 500 mi searches I think the largest radius I have seen was about 350 miles. After under 250 mi. Once I noticed this I added some “fill-in” zip codes to my search grid and found a couple tremors in areas I thought I had covered by searches.

The URL hack is the way to go, but then the site still crashes. SMH

It's a pretty unfortunate way to search the inventory. You can't really search for any specific options

I have used Autotrader to do nationwide search then go to the dealer site or Ford search tool for that zip code to get sticker. I ended up in CO that way.

It’s cumbersome for sure. But I’ve been able to narrow it down such that I only get F350, tremor, 7.3l. My basic must haves. It returns at most 5 results per search Usually zero. Half are colors I won’t buy. Then I have to open window stickers to see if it has options I have to have or others I won’t buy. After two weeks I gave up and ordered one Friday...

Back