78 psi all the way around

JimmyZ

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 F350 Lariat Tremor 6.7 Max Tow
21 F350 Tremor lariat 6.7

Found my sweet spot regarding tire pressure….78 all the way around on the stock Goodyear Duratrac
Rolls real easy, takes the turns super
With less air it seem to cushy and feels fat
With the 78 it feels firm and fast!! ( that’s what she said)). Lol

21 F350 Tremor lariat 6.7

Found my sweet spot regarding tire pressure….78 all the way around on the stock Goodyear Duratrac
Rolls real easy, takes the turns super
With less air it seem to cushy and feels fat
With the 78 it feels firm and fast!! ( that’s what she said)). Lol
Are you towing anything at that pressure? If so how much build up are you seeing? thanks

Reactions: ccw
That’s way too much pressure for me. Like driving on wooden wheels.

50f/65r here and that’s still too stiff in the rear for daily driving. I’d take it down further if not regularly towing.

Are you towing anything at that pressure? If so how much build up are you seeing? thanks
No
I tow at the recommended 60 front 80 back
I tow 14k lbs 5th wheel
Usually I see about a 3-4 degrees increase on highway

I’m just running the straight 78 psi around town…to me the front feels a lot firmer and more responsive

I rotate my tires every 3k miles
My tire guy highly recommended it
He said the wise they cup and get really loud!
He doesn’t charge anyone for the 3k mile tire rotations so he’s definitely not encouraging it based on profit.
He also recommended 80 psi all the way around.
He drives an F250 2022 with the Godzilla engine and keeps his tires at max inflation too.
I’m gonna stick with the 78 psi all the way around and if I see or hear the front tires getting abnormal then I can always reduce the pressure.
My 2 cents

Reactions: ccw
My sticker pressure recommendation are 60 front 70 rear. 2022 F250 6.7 KR Tremor. Letting my tires get some wear before I fluctuate them.

Last edited:
That’s way too much pressure for me. Like driving on wooden wheels.

50f/65r here and that’s still too stiff in the rear for daily driving. I’d take it down further if not regularly towing.
My tire pressure monitoring light comes on when I take the pressure down more than 10 psi. Do you have this problem?

I had mine aired up for the trip up north to bring my 5er home. (80 psi) It drove great empty on the way up and I did get a bit better MPG ( NOTE: I wasn't going my normal 85 mph ).

I am not on Dura Tracs Nitto RG 35 x12.50s

Someone should really make an ‘Oregon Trail’-esque simulator for Tremor's.
5rcnuj.jpg

Oregon Trail - Superduty edition

50 front/ 55 rear. Perfection…. From the dealer it was set at 75/80. Felt like running a rail car over washboard roads. Unless towing a load….I’ll never run the “recommended Ford pressures”.

78? Jesus.

I have Duratracs on my F150 (295/65/18) on OEM wheels.. the shop that put them on had them aired to 65 on all four corners. I run 47 on the front two and 43 on the back unloaded. Granted, lighter vehicle but still...wow.

Do what makes you happy

Back