7 foot garage door

Hvbuzz

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
The one thing I wondered if the Tremor would fit in our attached garage with a 7 foot tall door. Specs of my Tremor. Completely stock F250 with 5th wheel hitch prep, not sure that makes a difference. Pics say it all. By doing the math it wouldn't fit. But, I put my son's common core math to use and it sneaks in.. ;) of course the downward drive into the garage also helped..
20200927_103129.jpg
20200927_103144.jpg
20200927_131336.jpg
20200927_133309.jpg

I’ve got a 7’ garage and mine won’t fit at all. I ripped one of the antennas off trying. ($600 mistake) I would have to let most of the air out of the tires to even come close.

I’ve got a 7’ garage and mine won’t fit at all. I ripped one of the antennas off trying. ($600 mistake) I would have to let most of the air out of the tires to even come close.
Ouch! I had no idea they would be that much. I crept in a little at a time.

You need every inch of 83.5”. Trust me. I had a great dude come by and help me confirm.

I have a 7' tall door it fits. but it is tight and I had to make sure the weather strip and door are just right

I bought my house when I had a Jeep Wrangler and never thought twice. When I wanted a truck again, I realized I was pretty limited on length and ended up with a Colorado because I knew it would fit in my garage (note: a European style Ranger was not an option). Then when I got married I lost my [cough] parking spot anyways and then I had the mentality to get the Tremor I wanted. This fall we are buying property and just want to know what the ideal garage door dimension is?

Last edited:
I bought my house when I had a Jeep Wrangler and never thought twice. When I wanted a truck again, I ended up with a Colorado because I knew it would fit in my garage (note: a European style Ranger was not an option). Then when I got married I lost my [cough] parking spot anyways, I had then mentality to get the Tremor I wanted. This fall we are buying property and just want to know what the ideal garage door dimension is?
8ft min 14ft desired 😜

I'm already assuming one 12' x 14' door for an RV/Camper.. trying to minimize the door for the Tremor. 10' x 8' was what I was thinking
The doors on my garage are 10’ x 10’ and my truck is very happy. I would definitely recommend going 10’ wide. It’s nice to be able to drive right into the garage without having to fold in the tow mirrors. (Or as I like to call them “cattle haulers.”) 10’ is a bit unnecessary for the height for the truck, but it is nice if you have something a bit taller in the bed. I put that size on because of other reasons, but they seem just about perfect for the Tremor.

I don't think my non-Tremor longbed would fit in my attached garage because of length, but it will fit on my barn just fine. When I have my Tremor wheels on, I barely fit the 7' height at the car wash I use - less than an inch to spare, but no problems.

I don't think my non-Tremor longbed would fit in my attached garage because of length
Mine won't fit due to length - the way they poured the step in the floor totally screws any chance. Of course, that was in 1963 so was probably not an issue for the typical vehicle used then. :D

My son's extended cab Ranger barely fits...

Ugh, I hate all of you that can get your Tremors in your garages!!! My garage is 7 feet where the door hits the concrete... but... the builder saw fit to raise the actual garage floor up by about 1.5" so I cannot even sneak in. Then, if I could sneak in, the dang garage is 4 inches too short even if the front bumper kisses the wall for the back bumper not to obstruct the garage door. Darn you all!!! Enjoy your nice, protected Tremor bedrooms. :cool:

Back