7.3L towing 41’ 15k

AlabamaTremor

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 F250 Tremor
Just picked up our brand new 2022 Montana and I was a bit worried once we hitched up to this beast. But the Godzilla went to work on this thing and we could barely even feel it. I believe this hitch made a significant difference in the towing as well. Extremely happy with the performance of the truck. Headed to camp at Hales Bar Marina on Nickajack Lake and take the family to see Rock City in 2 weeks!

Attachments

• 55452CAD-9FC3-483F-B5D6-D225D2F7E1C6.jpeg
    55452CAD-9FC3-483F-B5D6-D225D2F7E1C6.jpeg
    436.1 KB · Views: 569
  • 092C422A-E002-487B-9E61-DF4F342A6FE8.jpeg
    092C422A-E002-487B-9E61-DF4F342A6FE8.jpeg
    473.7 KB · Views: 514
  • F4870BD4-E09E-4531-B453-1FC593FE8560.jpeg
    F4870BD4-E09E-4531-B453-1FC593FE8560.jpeg
    270.7 KB · Views: 514
Just picked up our brand new 2022 Montana and I was a bit worried once we hitched up to this beast. But the Godzilla went to work on this thing and we could barely even feel it. I believe this hitch made a significant difference in the towing as well. Extremely happy with the performance of the truck. Headed to camp at Hales Bar Marina on Nickajack Lake and take the family to see Rock City in 2 weeks!
Great looking set up! I have a few questions if you don’t mind me asking as I am in the market for the Montana High Country 377FL. What is your clearance at the back of your 5er and have you had any issues with any of the campgrounds backing in that you’ve been to?

Great looking set up! I have a few questions if you don’t mind me asking as I am in the market for the Montana High Country 377FL. What is your clearance at the back of your 5er and have you had any issues with any of the campgrounds backing in that you’ve been to?
The back is around 13’, but the AC unit at the front is the tallest at 13’5” on the nose. This slider hitch has been crucial for me being able to back in at an almost 90 degree angle when needed. No problems!

I'm curios on your weights as well, I'm looking at upgrading our TT to a 5er, but I'm concerned about my payload number on the F-250. My payload is #2900.

If you don't mind what is your payload and expected pin weight on a 15k unit?

I'm curios on your weights as well, I'm looking at upgrading our TT to a 5er, but I'm concerned about my payload number on the F-250. My payload is #2900.

If you don't mind what is your payload and expected pin weight on a 15k unit?
We have a 2022 3761FL Montana that has a max hitch weight of 2880. This is assuming that the trailer is maxed out at its weight and cargo weight of 2500lbs on top of the dry 14.5k weight. Consider the cargo, gas etc. and your probably peaking. I added an air lift system to mine and honestly I don’t really need it. It is nice to have for sure as it helps the ride, but not really necessary. However if you bought a tremor, and are getting a 5er, spend the money and get the bags just in case. I have mine set to 35psi and have driven from Jacksonville Fl to Houston Texas towing our monster. My only complaint, gas tank size! Wish they would come out with a bigger for gasoline. Everyone has different opinions on the payload discussion. Bottom line, you do what you feel is safe for you and others around you. Don’t drive crazy, and be responsible, you should be fine. Just my opinion.

The back is around 13’, but the AC unit at the front is the tallest at 13’5” on the nose. This slider hitch has been crucial for me being able to back in at an almost 90 degree angle when needed. No problems!
Couple follow up questions, what’s the clearance ground to bottom rear of the RV? And do you have a link to the slider hitch?

Couple follow up questions, what’s the clearance ground to bottom rear of the RV? And do you have a link to the slider hitch?
I’ll have to check once it’s hooked up, but I know where your going with this. I have never bottomed out with this particular model 5er, although there are some out there that are lower and tighter clearance.

What kind of mileage did you experience pulling the rig? Great set-up!
A whopping 7.2mpg. Had to stop every 200 miles or so. Very annoying, especially when the family is sleeping and you have to stop for gas and gas only because no one has to pee, until 5 minutes after you get back on the road lol. Hoping and waiting for a tank upgrade if they ever make one.

A whopping 7.2mpg. Had to stop every 200 miles or so. Very annoying, especially when the family is sleeping and you have to stop for gas and gas only because no one has to pee, until 5 minutes after you get back on the road lol. Hoping and waiting for a tank upgrade if they ever make one.
To make sure you're aware, there is a roughly 60 gallon (give or take) gas replacement tank coming from Transfer Flow. It's still in development, mainly waiting on CARB certification. Here's the thread to follow for updates on that front:

As far as I'm aware it's the only replacement tank in development for the 7.3L.

To make sure you're aware, there is a roughly 60 gallon (give or take) gas replacement tank coming from Transfer Flow. It's still in development, mainly waiting on CARB certification. Here's the thread to follow for updates on that front:

As far as I'm aware it's the only replacement tank in development for the 7.3L.
Yup, I’m following that thread, just waiting to hear that it’s available. 🦻🏼

Hmm so you got the one that connects to the gooseneck location. Is there a benefit to this vs the fifth wheel 4 post connection to the bed?
It connects using the puck system. I don’t think it goes through the gooseneck hole, just sits over it. In fact I know it doesn’t , or else it wouldn’t be able to slide. I purchased it through Line X, who installed it.

Yup, I’m following that thread, just waiting to hear that it’s available. 🦻🏼
This is probably the one (and possible only) major modification I plan to make to my Tremor, for exactly the reason you stated. When we finally get around to getting our 5er (we'll probably be the market in the next year or so for a <40' toy hauler around the same GVWR that your Montana is), I don't want to have to deal with the having to get gas every 200 miles or less.

-SR-

Latest Discussions

Back