7.3L spark plug/coil wire failure

Stonegrey20

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 XLT 7.3L FX4 non tremor
Folks,

I am new to the forum a non tremor 7.3L F250 2020 owner, have you guys seen the TFL post on subject where spark plug to coil wire failed , no news from Ford yet. I have <2500 miles on my truck no misfire issues, watching the TFL video it seems the coil wire (theirs is on a Tremor model that failed at about10,400 miles) appears longer than what i am seeing in my engine bay. Have not seen a post yet on Tremor.com less i missed it. I really enjoy reading the forum hope you dont mind my signup despite 2020 F250 FX4 model. Their truck does have the tune kit and aftermarket exhaust on it. Maybe faulty parts but our cast exhaust manifolds are pretty close on the wires, maybe a factor....

Link to TFL story/video page:

After watching the video a 2nd time the Tremor coil wire length is exactly the same as mine- as it should be on the 7.3 engine Tremor or not. Stay tuned

nothing to add other than their truck is not a Tremor model but I don't think that matters at all with the coil wire. I think the sensationlized it but haven't really heard of it being a big problem.

nothing to add other than their truck is not a Tremor model but I don't think that matters at all with the coil wire. I think the sensationlized it but haven't really heard of it being a big problem.
Yeah me either I think it is a Tremor though they do claim it in video and has changed wheels from stock 35,s to 37 says shortage on parts but he buys himself two spares mail ordered Florida, doesn't help the next guy who has to fix. I also found another post here published shortly after Sep 13th so it is a little old news, like u said have not heard alot of other reports maybe isolated to bad batch of factory wires. Thanks for ur reply
Yeah u right haven't heard many other reports - maybe bad batch factory wires. The video he claims it's a Tremor has lifted and chng tires 35 to 37's. Found another post here after I signed up so it is old news 2. Thanks 4 ur reply

It's absolutely not a Tremor, look at some of the other videos when they purchased it. They just named it 'Super Tremor'. It's a standard F250 XLT that they put a Carli lift on.

Found the video when they boutht it:

Last edited:
It's absolutely not a Tremor, look at some of the other videos when they purchased it. They just named it 'Super Tremor'. It's a standard F250 XLT that they put a Carli lift on.
Prolly right he wooden taken the 4k sticker off for FX5 he stuck on for tune

Odd, I've not heard of this being a problem either, nobody on the forum here at least.

haha jk

I've got a 2021 7.3L Tremor with less than 200 miles that just started misfiring. I don't even know what to say. I grew up hearing "Fix Or Repair Daily" but all the Ford owners swear about the quality of their trucks so I upgraded from my 1500 Ram to F250 Tremor. Haven't even made the first payment yet. Feeling like this was a mistake.

I've got a 2021 7.3L Tremor with less than 200 miles that just started misfiring. I don't even know what to say. I grew up hearing "Fix Or Repair Daily" but all the Ford owners swear about the quality of their trucks so I upgraded from my 1500 Ram to F250 Tremor. Haven't even made the first payment yet. Feeling like this was a mistake.
I can tell you for a fact that ALL makes are junk and they are all great.
It just depends on luck I feel

I can tell you for a fact that ALL makes are junk and they are all great.
It just depends on luck I feel
Did you find out what the problem was, and get it resolved?

I got my 2021 7.3 in to the dealer. It was the wires. They had me out the next day. Feels like the trucks still have the issues but they’ve got the parts to the deals now at least

Folks,

I am new to the forum a non tremor 7.3L F250 2020 owner, have you guys seen the TFL post on subject where spark plug to coil wire failed , no news from Ford yet. I have <2500 miles on my truck no misfire issues, watching the TFL video it seems the coil wire (theirs is on a Tremor model that failed at about10,400 miles) appears longer than what i am seeing in my engine bay. Have not seen a post yet on Tremor.com less i missed it. I really enjoy reading the forum hope you dont mind my signup despite 2020 F250 FX4 model. Their truck does have the tune kit and aftermarket exhaust on it. Maybe faulty parts but our cast exhaust manifolds are pretty close on the wires, maybe a factor....

I just installed these on my truck. It fixed the rough cold start idle.
20210416_223132.jpg

I ordered the Massive off ebay too...seems legit...hopefully I can report back good news or just do as others have and stash it under seat until needed...

Folks,

Yep. We had a wire fail at 10137 miles and 2 valves and O rings on the AC compressor. They were easy warranty fix’s. In and out of the dealership in no time. I look at it as growing pains with a new designed engine. We were fortunate that both issues happened at exactly the same time.

Latest Discussions

Back