modified

Admin
Staff member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Diesel Tremor
Current Ride #2
2021 Bronco
What kinda gas milage do you think we'll see with the new 7.3l gas engine with the new 10 speed tranny? 16-18mpg on the highway w/o towing? ~10 towing? This might be a good place to post future results as well.

What kinda gas milage do you think we'll see with the new 7.3l gas engine with the new 10 speed tranny? 16-18mpg on the highway w/o towing? ~10 towing? This might be a good place to post future results as well.
I’ll guess 12-15 highway and 9 towing.

8-9 towing
11.5 City
13 Hwy
I have 2200 miles with enough of all 3 types of driving to have an accurate idea. I don't hot rod around and probably get about as good a mileage as you can. Cruise 70mph, easy off the line, etc.

Yep not a heavy foot at all, but 8.7 mpg ,mostly city bit some highway, 1000 miles so far,,,,,love the truck but milage sucks, and tiny 34 gallon tank makes it worse. If this were diesel I could put a 65 gallon titan tank on no problem, ford needs to help and encourage extended tank development with gas vs diesel systems

Gas is cheap now paid $1.50 today per gal. and there was almost a 10K savings on the 7.3 over the 6.7 so you are going to be just fine. I would guess after 4,000 miles, you should get some better MPGs Fords are always "tight" when new and will break in and perform better as you get more and more miles.

These numbers are scary low. Are these all Eco Mode numbers? Are you giving the lie-o-meter numbers or actual based on your own math between fill ups? Some videos on YouTube showing guys getting 16 mpg+ hwy in the new 7.3, on the lie-o-meter. Although, some are reporting the mpg on the computer is much closer to real world numbers on the new trucks.

Last edited:
When I picked up my truck it had 43 miles on the odometer and the fuel economy gauge indicated 4.8 mpg. I have no idea what they did to put 43 miles on the truck during delivery or why only got 4.8 mpg in doing whatever? As of today, I’m up to 167 miles driven and the fuel economy is now up to 11 mpg. checking the instant mpg while driving around town, the gauge shows between 11 and 16 mpg depending on city or highway and traffic. Unscientific and small sample size but I hope I get up to the 12-13 range for combined mileage. Time will tell.

I am probably half and half eco and normal, and to be honest only going by the computer, not my own math as I am still under a 1000 miles and will be taking a good road trip next month,,,lock down willing

My truck had 77 miles on it at delivery. The salesman tried to bullshit me and said it was picked out of line for an extra line of quality testing. I told him I hope they had a good joy ride.

Mine had 65 miles on it coming off the transport truck. I thought it was high too.

Mine had 17 and the dealer admitted - without me asking - that "since it was the first one we got, we took it for a little drive". I didn't think to check the mileage on those 17 miles, but I am sure they stood on the gas pedal with both feet.

Ed

Back