7.3L "Godzilla" Gas Engine - Performance Tune by 5 Star Tuning

Cool video :)

I’m planning at some point to do the 5 star tuning . It was either that or a peddle commander to get rid of the drive by wire lag. It will feel peppier than the factory .

Can we get Mike from 5 star to post here? That are great with Ford products!

I will reach out to him and see if what he has posted on other forums can be posted here?
I know they have a tremor that they are tuning.

Could we get a more detailed report? What did you choose, is it a noticeable difference, how is the transmission programming? The transmission is the biggest thing I'm interested in. Truck has plenty of power. I keep the truck in tow/haul mode because it shifts so much better.

Last edited:
i have it.. 91 is all i can get here in Colorado.. runs way better no lag,
You have the 5star tuning? Which programming did you get? I thought they offered 5 different packages for them.
I tuned my 04 F-150 with the 5.4 dog. I then had 2- 6.7 and now will be on to the 7.3 . I’m very interested in this and need a little more info?

So I got the N guage tuner with the 85+ stock power pedal boost, 87 daily tow and the 91 performance. So I have tried all of them and the shifting is different then stock, i want to say not as smooth as it changes shift points but more firm where you feel it more, So 5 star says the tunes are "learning" tunes and will improve over time.. Maybe. The 91 tune I am running now when I start the truck, it almost seems within the first 30 seconds like it wants to stall or cut out.. ill get a video, its weird then it smooths out and is fine, I dont have 1000 miles on it yet but it definitely is more noticeable then stock, Ill get a few more miles on it then get busy..

Any updates on performance and mileage? Do you think the tuner is a good upgrade?

Not sure what it could do beyond what Eco mode already does.

Uhhh all kinds of people. Some people are tight financially and every penny counts. Some people manage fleets that drive hundreds of thousands of miles a year and even 1mpg adds up. Some people enjoy squeezing everything they can out of a truck. Little more power, little more fuel mileage, etc.

I’ve never understood the judgy attitude against those that drive a sd and also care about mpg. Why are the two supposed to be mutually exclusive and who are you to make that decision?

Fleet use? Yeah, I can see carrying about MPG for that. But who's buying Tremors for fleet use?

Uh really? Who buys a SuperDuty and gives a crap about MPG...
Spending $100 a week or twice a week can double your auto payment like that. But I know people will say if you need to finance you can’t afford it...
I keep hearing 11 and 11.5 mpg. Is that city or hwy?
Again big difference between 8/9 city 11/12 hwy vs 11/12 city 14/15 hwy.

Spending $100 a week or twice a week can double your auto payment like that. But I know people will say if you need to finance you can’t afford it...

I am getting 13 in town, have a lifetime 12.9 mpg at 1000 miles including 6 hours of idling (when I got the truck with 3 miles on it had 5 hours of idling on it...). 15-16 highway, all on 91 octane. (did one tank of clear gas and ended up at 16.2 mixed driving, but the extra mpg wasn't worth the cost)

I am at 2800 miles. 30 mph average so a lot of city driving. I am at 11.1 lifetime. You should expect 11's around town and high 12's to maybe low 13's hwy with 4:30 gears. Maybe one mpg better hwy with the taller rear end.

On my 3rd tank, running 87 (11.3 - 12.0 - 12.7) , mostly around town with the nanny state lockdown :mad:

Back