7.3 with winch- Carli Pintop

Adding weight is one thing, but with the parts list you describe the rearend should not be that much higher, if I’m understanding correctly. What about the tag (sticker) on the leaf springs themselves?
And why are you having to remove leaves from the pack? Normally you wouldn’t have to with that same parts list for the Tremors to sit level right? Just thinking out loud.
That’s what’s so puzzling. That’s what the installer said and when they called Carli and the best solution they came up with after talking to Deaver was to remove those leaves. They checked the leaf springs to make sure they were right as well. Again, I think Carli’s response was, we aren’t sure because of how few 7.3s with winches we do. That’s what I was told. Sounds like I’m the Guinea pig which is ok. I just wanna get it more level lol

I can't imagine why you were told to remove leafs, but I'm not yet convinced there's anything otherwise out of the ordinary here.

The Carli kit isn't a leveling kit. It's a lift kit. The progressive leafs are extremely weight sensitive. And almost every photo we see here of folks with the kit installed have more weight on the rear than you. Most commonly that includes 5th wheel prep (~150#) a bumper hitch (~50#) and an airbag kit (another ~50#.)

@GT48: What are your actual measurements as compared to this photo?
1673818870007.png

I believe this is @cody_cjc's truck, and I'm guessing is most similar to yours in the rear-end: no airbags, Retrax, no hitch. I believe from some of his videos it does have the OEM bed liner (not sure how much weight that adds.)

Another weight delta I'm not sure of is the 2.5" receiver on the gasser versus the 3" receiver on the diesels. I'd guess they're pretty similar but I suppose it's possible there's a substantial weight difference there.

I can't imagine why you were told to remove leafs, but I'm not yet convinced there's anything otherwise out of the ordinary here.

The Carli kit isn't a leveling kit. It's a lift kit. The progressive leafs are extremely weight sensitive. And almost every photo we see here of folks with the kit installed have more weight on the rear than you. Most commonly that includes 5th wheel prep (~150#) a bumper hitch (~50#) and an airbag kit (another ~50#.)

@GT48: What are your actual measurements as compared to this photo?
View attachment 109718

I believe this is @cody_cjc's truck, and I'm guessing is most similar to yours in the rear-end: no airbags, Retrax, no hitch. I believe from some of his videos it does have the OEM bed liner (not sure how much weight that adds.)

Another weight delta I'm not sure of is the 2.5" receiver on the gasser versus the 3" receiver on the diesels. I'd guess they're pretty similar but I suppose it's possible there's a substantial weight difference there.
29”. I have a bakflip tonneau cover and oem spray in liner. But if he has the diesel springs in the front, wouldn’t that level the truck out a bit more than the gas springs?

I know it’s not a true leveling kit but my truck looks different in the rear than 99% of the trucks on this site with the pintop. In my eyes at least.

29”. I have a bakflip tonneau cover and oem spray in liner. But if he has the diesel springs in the front, wouldn’t that level the truck out a bit more than the gas springs?

I know it’s not a true leveling kit but my truck looks different in the rear than 99% of the trucks on this site with the pintop. In my eyes at least.

Interesting.

I don't believe a different front-end would meaningfully change the rear-end measurement; but certainly possible.

If you're sitting 1" higher than Cody's truck, then my best guess is as @Alpoba suggested: you have the older leaf pack.

Otherwise, maybe there's a meaningful weight difference between the 3" receiver hitch and the 2.5". (And whatever else might be different about the diesel in the rear, like the exhaust…)

My kit goes on this week, and I haven't gotten around to installing my 5th wheel hitch yet. I'll report back.

From looking at your pictures, why does the rear axle not look centered in the wheel well (especially last picture), never noticied that before on carli, especially on rear.

From looking at your pictures, why does the rear axle not look centered in the wheel well (especially last picture), never noticied that before on carli, especially on rear.
I think that might be the angle I took the pictures at

My situation with the leaf packs has actually been opposite of yours this year. The entire progressive rear pack from Carli seems like a mess in measurements.

When i was ordering mine, Carli website clearly stated that the diesel 6.7 on their 2.5” level, the rig would sit 1” higher in the rear with progressive leafs. Thats exactly what i was anticipating. But after my install i was nose high, so i ended up adding PMF 1.5 inch block in the rear just to level - more money spend, additional install costs, probably created a pinion angle driveshaft issue as a result because i hear the noise OP is mentioning above at 65. Even with 1.5” PMF block i’m still only about .5 high in rear empty, after the leafs have sagged.

In this thread and post, @Supercup explained what happened and how all of the sudden the specs on progressive leaf packs have changed mid-spring without Carli informing anyone on their site. I don’t know if you also got caught up in this leaf measurements debacle.

Post in thread 'Progressive Spring Packs on Tremors'
https://www.fordtremor.com/threads/progressive-spring-packs-on-tremors.12499/post-262125

Just measured my truck - 27.25" up front - 26.75" in the rear - so 1/2" low in rear - Day I picked up the truck the trailer hitch to street was 19" off ground - OEM it was 20" - I was thinking it was going up to 21" as I went from 35's to 37's. Just measured again and 19".

When mine went on I was told to expect it to be level front to back - that is pretty much what it is.

Below is a photo of the Deaver part tag on my rear leaf springs. 2022 6.7L F-350 - Carli E-Venture - 3.5" lift - for reference.

As far as the weight impact here is what I have added to my truck since new.

S&B 60 gallon tank - 3/4 tank currently - all behind centerline of truck - maybe 100 lbs +/-
Carli oversized spare hitch - replaced OEM - maybe some weight difference there.
Spare: 37x12.5x18 Toyo AT3 on Method 18x9 305 HD Bead lock - replacing OEM - maybe 40 lbs.
Airbags and compressor - maybe 25 lbs.
Built right bed panels - maybe 10 lbs.

So 200 lbs. at the most.

Overall I don't see anything out of the ordinary - spring packs are going to vary, batch to batch, truck to truck. Mine is consistent with what I was told I would get. Works great - no regrets. I picked up some used PMF 2.5" rear blocks and put those in - too much rake.

I think 1" or 1.5" would be the most I would do. I like how much truck looks - but for towing might like to start a little higher in rake, so squat took me closer to level and less air in bags when I tow.

Deaver Part Number Spring Pack.jpg

Any chance you did a 3.5" lift and they sent you springs for a 5.5" lift - those springs are taller by 2" and that would explain why you are 2" high in rear? Just a thought. I don't believe they have more leaf's - they are just bent at Deaver with more bow for the extra height.

Below is a photo of the Deaver part tag on my rear leaf springs. 2022 6.7L F-350 - Carli E-Venture - 3.5" lift - for reference.

Interesting. Very different labeling on my leafs:
IMG_3426.jpg

I called Cody at CJC and he said he would use a drop shackle in the rear to level it out. PMF. It’s adjustable for 1/2”, 7/8” or 1.25”.

First few pics of mine on roughly level ground.

Gasser with full Carli E-Venture kit on 37r18s. Installed by same shop as yours. Probably same person (Rick.)

Front End
  • No winch
  • Apex steering kit (might add some weight?)
  • Air Lift compressor
Rear End
  • Progressive leaf pack
  • AirLift bags
  • Bulletproof hitch
  • Retrax cover
  • LineX liner
  • No 5th wheel bracket
I’ll take some pics and measurements without the hitch and then with the rubber bed mat in later today. I’m putting on the 5th wheel bracket next week and we’ll see what that does.

My first impression of the look of it is that it looks level to me some of the time and raked other times. The rear end is extremely weight sensitive. And the slightest ground imperfection meaningfully changes the stance. The body lines of the truck are somewhat confusing to as depending on the angle it looks too low in the rear to me while too high other times. (You can kind of see that in the 1/4 angle shot below in contrast to the side shots.)

47B04F2D-E135-4FA3-BE2F-1D507DB4F0B8.jpeg
83EC7650-ADA0-442D-A499-4DD3B4E17373.jpeg
7F1CF3E5-521C-4F1D-B492-41CC5C92A1AE.jpeg

Looks awesome!

First few pics of mine on roughly level ground.

Gasser with full Carli E-Venture kit on 37r18s. Installed by same shop as yours. Probably same person (Rick.)

Front End
  • No winch
  • Apex steering kit (might add some weight?)
  • Air Lift compressor
Rear End
  • Progressive leaf pack
  • AirLift bags
  • Bulletproof hitch
  • Retrax cover
  • LineX liner
  • No 5th wheel bracket
I’ll take some pics and measurements without the hitch and then with the rubber bed mat in later today. I’m putting on the 5th wheel bracket next week and we’ll see what that does.

My first impression of the look of it is that it looks level to me some of the time and raked other times. The rear end is extremely weight sensitive. And the slightest ground imperfection meaningfully changes the stance. The body lines of the truck are somewhat confusing to as depending on the angle it looks too low in the rear to me while too high other times. (You can kind of see that in the 1/4 angle shot below in contrast to the side shots.)

View attachment 110354View attachment 110355View attachment 110356
Looks good. I still think mine looks higher in the back than yours does. The front looks pretty similar though.

Looks good. I still think mine looks higher in the back than yours does. The front looks pretty similar though.

Agreed. Surprised how much a difference there is, frankly. My measurements are:

28” hub to fender lip with 0 psi in bags.

7” axle to bump stop. (Looks like the stock bump stop bracket was removed from mine, probably since I have airbags?)

One potentially big difference between our setups that I forgot to mention earlier is that I have the new Carli leaf shackles (pictured below.) CJC suggested mine were the first they shipped out and CalTruck said they’re the first they’ve installed, so assuming you don’t have them. I suppose the 1” height difference could be in these and these are what CJC suggested you order?

2BC317D4-C7E9-49B3-B581-94100898DD51.jpeg
ACC5A46C-3EFF-4A0A-BFCE-15A3E31749CF.jpeg

Last edited:
Agreed. Surprised how much a difference there is, frankly. My measurements are:

7” axle to bump stop. (Looks like the stock bump stop bracket was removed from mine, probably since I have airbags?)

One potentially big difference between our setups that I forgot to mention earlier is that I have the new Carli leaf shackles (pictured below.) CJC suggested mine were the first they shipped out and CalTruck said they’re the first they’ve installed, so assuming you don’t have them. I suppose the 1” height difference could be in these and these are what CJC suggested you order?

View attachment 110377View attachment 110378
No, he told me to order these drop shackles. I’ll admit, I don’t know that much about any of this stuff, but when I put this next to the current shackles, I don’t know how this could lower the rear anymore. I’m not sure this is going to work. It looks like on the lowest setting, it’s the same height it is now. Also I only have 4” from bump stop to axle
F2C27F2C-8443-4B63-8684-515DD5175C90.jpeg
CB61FCBD-4F90-4996-84E5-B9F7ADD9402E.jpeg
DB76E01F-D663-4F1B-B112-772445201C7A.jpeg
C6D5CB13-5294-4330-8E67-9E7676EAD303.jpeg
938DB729-70BE-4D76-B32E-A91924221D8B.jpeg

Last edited:
No, he told me to order these drop shackles. I’ll admit, I don’t know that much about any of this stuff, but when I put this next to the current shackles, I don’t know how this could lower the rear anymore. I’m not sure this is going to work. It looks like on the lowest setting, it’s the same height it is now. Also I only have 4” from bump stop to axleView attachment 110381View attachment 110382View attachment 110383View attachment 110384View attachment 110389

Yeah, not sure about those shackles.

The bracket above my bump stop is removed which is why we have very different measurements there. Though I’m surprised you have 4” of clearance rather than the 2.5” on Cody’s truck (picture from Carli earlier in thread.)

I’d bet the stock bracket is 4.5” tall, which would be the difference between my 7” measurement and Cody’s 2.5”.

It seems like you just found a magic inch somewhere. I can’t think of any other part to isolate other than the leafs. It’s almost like yours came with a different bend in them than is typical.

Unless others here have new ideas I’d probably be asking Carli to provide a different leaf pack. Or a better explanation. Something isn’t adding up.

No, he told me to order these drop shackles. I’ll admit, I don’t know that much about any of this stuff, but when I put this next to the current shackles, I don’t know how this could lower the rear anymore. I’m not sure this is going to work. It looks like on the lowest setting, it’s the same height it is now. Also I only have 4” from bump stop to axleView attachment 110383
Using the holes higher up will lower the truck by putting the spring closer to the body. It is deceiving because the frame mount is underneath the spring mount.

Last edited:
Using the holes higher up will lower the truck by putting the spring closer to the body. It is deceiving because the frame mount is underneath the spring mount.
Well, that’s exactly why I posted here lol.

After installing the 5th wheel bracket, my rear hub to fender lip measurement is now 27.5" with a half tank of gas.

I'm installing BuiltRight panels tomorrow and then will put the rubber bed mat back in with a full tank of gas and take this measurement again.

I think it looks great. Trucks aren't supposed to be exactly level when empty. Then they look stupid when you hook up a trailer.

Back