Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. ARMY 96-99
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 LARIAT TREMOR
Current Ride #2
Too many toyz that are ever changing to list :)
Anyone have a very subtle misfire at idle with the 7.3? It's barely there but I can feel it.

Please keep me posted! Was that the only issue?

I’m waiting for UPS now and it seams I can feel this as well! I’m going to run it! If it ends up with a recall, so be it.
I still love this truck!

So I met the tech and we went for a ride so I could replicate the engine vibration at 4k RPM for him. The 7.3 and 10spd. are as new to them as they are to us... They know nothing about them and there isn't a sufficient log of troubleshooting experience yet... He is going to consult with the factory on the vibration. Fingers cross crossed on that. He did say that all of the 10spd trannys are whiney. The loaner f150 10spd whines as well. Haven't gotten word on the tremors yet... Oh yeah and they are painting the new rear bumper halves that they drug down the transport truck ramps unloading the dang truck...?

I only feel my vibration at idle. I do hear the transmission whine. Makes me feel like a got a turbo diesel lol.

Any update on this?

4000 miles on my 7.3,no tranny whine, nothing unusual at any rpm, experienced subtle cold start misfire for about first 1000 miles but it went away, running 91 octane also. Truck is Awesome!

Just got my Tremor, I felt a vibration at idle as above. I was thinking it was me

I hate to say it, but most of these new V8s have this twitch. There is nothing wrong. My '18 E350 with 6.2l has it. Never have had a problem. I have a friend with the 6.2l in a F250, it also has it. Personally, I think they idle these engines at such a low rpm it causes it, especially when the engine is warm. The other factor is that when the cams advance at 3,500 rpm (around there), it changes the characteristics of the engine which might cause that slight vibration. You really here the engine pitch change in my E350 with the 6.2l, especially since your are almost sitting next to the engine and there is not a lot of insulation. No engineer here, just my thoughts.

It seems to be normal, almost more like old school. Probably many factors effecting it, maybe even running leaner at idle, but only guessing.

It seems to be normal, almost more like old school. Probably many factors effecting it, maybe even running leaner at idle, but only guessing.
I believe Ford does this now with all of their vehicles...Even my 2016 focus st has stupid issues with tech like this. I'm just glad the 7.3 doesn't have direct injection also...What a pain in the a$$.

Hey guys i just picked up my tremor Aug 1 2022. I put 631 miles on it and I have a misfire already. I couldnt get it up pass 50 mph. I ordered this truck and this has been a let down. Going Monday for service.

Hey guys i just picked up my tremor Aug 1 2022. I put 631 miles on it and I have a misfire already. I couldnt get it up pass 50 mph. I ordered this truck and this has been a let down. Going Monday for service.
Did you ever get a resolution?

Did you ever get a resolution?
There was a recall or TSB on some ‘20 7.3 engines over a bad plug wire/s (I think). There’s another thread here discussing it. I think most issues were in cylinder #2 if I remember correctly.

Back