7.3 high miles

I'm up to 30,000km/18500 miles since Sept, so far no issues
I have the 7.3 in my 2020 F450 Cab and chassis and it is detuned by about 80 hp from the f250-350 numbers. It is still pretty quick for a 10,000 truck though. Can't wait for my 350 to get here.

I thought they detuned the 7.3 in the other models? I think the 6.7 is detuned in the 650 and 750 also.
I don't know and couldn't say. But would make sense to me.

I thought they detuned the 7.3 in the other models? I think the 6.7 is detuned in the 650 and 750 also.
Both engines are de-tuned in all cab & chassis models starting at F350 & up. This is considered standard practice amongst all OEMs and it is done for the same reasons. Longevity as these vehicles are typically used in fleet applications that usually see severe duty use.

That is why the 6.7 is not de-tuned in the F450 pickup, because It is not a C&C model and it allows them bragging rights of extremely large towing numbers in Regular cab only....but you gotta read the fine print, which most people don’t. Haha

Great to hear! Thanks

Tad under 20 since 6/20 and not a complaint well minus TPMS sensors... ?

Attachments

• 9C5674F0-D72E-40B9-91FC-F13289A91581.jpeg
    9C5674F0-D72E-40B9-91FC-F13289A91581.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 28
Not sure what engine that usps would use from Ford. But I think it may speak volumes to the quality of Ford's engines...Bluebird buses, now Usps.

Hello, I actually just joined but I currently have 2 Tremors, my first I bought last year March 19th with the 7.3! It currently has 46016 miles on it and has been engine wise trouble free. I did loose a heat shield on the driver side y pipe near the transmission but engine has been solid. I am extremely pleased with the power of the motor and its capability, the only problem is the Crap mileage when towing!

Has anyone out there racked up a boatload of miles on a 7.3 Godzilla yet?
I found a 10k mile review on YouTube of a non tremor 7.3 but that’s about it.
I have 17 000. Love the truck. Spent all summer off road. No issues. Done several trips to my son’s college. Works well on the highway. No issues.

Hello, I actually just joined but I currently have 2 Tremors, my first I bought last year March 19th with the 7.3! It currently has 46016 miles on it and has been engine wise trouble free. I did loose a heat shield on the driver side y pipe near the transmission but engine has been solid. I am extremely pleased with the power of the motor and its capability, the only problem is the Crap mileage when towing!
That’s awesome
I think that’s the highest miles on a 7.3 that I’ve herd of yet!

Not sure what engine that usps would use from Ford. But I think it may speak volumes to the quality of Ford's engines...Bluebird buses, now Usps.

Usps wants a hybrid setup to replace the current Grumman postal trucks. The current trucks suck a ton of gas. There’s a pretty good set of articles and YouTube videos about this. It won’t be a 7.3 unless we’re taking big box cans but they don’t seem to use trucks that size.

It was a "super Tremor"! The only trouble they ran into was a bad spark plug wire. It also had a 5 star tune that they raved about (likely sales job). They also put a full Carli suspension on it and took it across country on their "no pavement needed" series. Worth a look. With 37's and a 2000 lb camper on the back full time, it had a 13.x mpg for its lifetime with TFL.
I think that was a 3.55 truck, too.

That’s awesome
I think that’s the highest miles on a 7.3 that I’ve herd of yet!
I tried! its going to be a dam good work truck for my Employees now. I think the first couple months I had it I didn't drive a lot due to Covid and one of my children having an auto-immune disorder, and I was trying to stay away from as much as possible but 50k a year is normal for me. Honestly its because i will tow crap from time to time that i went and got the diesel tremor. I'm already getting 3-4mpg better around town, and now just because i can before i swap the B&W hitch around next week im doing this!

Attachments

• tremontrem.jpg
    tremontrem.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 121
I tried! its going to be a dam good work truck for my Employees now. I think the first couple months I had it I didn't drive a lot due to Covid and one of my children having an auto-immune disorder, and I was trying to stay away from as much as possible but 50k a year is normal for me. Honestly its because i will tow crap from time to time that i went and got the diesel tremor. I'm already getting 3-4mpg better around town, and now just because i can before i swap the B&W hitch around next week im doing this!
I have an off-topic question for you. What did you do to get your bumpers Blacked out on the Blue 7.3 Tremor?

Im still needing to get rid of the chrome bumpers on mine.

I am at 18k now. No issues as of yet. 5 star tuner makes me happier. Love this truck as does everyone that sees it

I have an off-topic question for you. What did you do to get your bumpers Blacked out on the Blue 7.3 Tremor?

Im still needing to get rid of the chrome bumpers on mine.
just a wrap, and to be honest it didn't turn out great and isn't holding up great, the right way to do it is pull everything off the truck and dismantle for good coverage and I didn't do that.

Back