7.3 high miles

Londerko

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2007 Dodge Ram 1500
First Responder
Firefighter Engineer EMT SRT
Has anyone out there racked up a boatload of miles on a 7.3 Godzilla yet?
I found a 10k mile review on YouTube of a non tremor 7.3 but that’s about it.

I have 8k and just got it in mid october.

I'm having fan clutch replaced by dealer. That and throttle lag is my only real issue with the 7.3.

TFL put quite a few miles on their 7.3, look them up on YouTube.

Wasn’t a tremor though so maybe that’s the ones you saw.

TFL put quite a few miles on their 7.3, look them up on YouTube.

Wasn’t a tremor though so maybe that’s the ones you saw.
It was a "super Tremor"! The only trouble they ran into was a bad spark plug wire. It also had a 5 star tune that they raved about (likely sales job). They also put a full Carli suspension on it and took it across country on their "no pavement needed" series. Worth a look. With 37's and a 2000 lb camper on the back full time, it had a 13.x mpg for its lifetime with TFL.

They are getting ready to start dropping the 7.3L into school buses. That speaks volumes to their anticipating reliability in my opinion.

There should be plenty of these on the road racking up high stop and go miles.

I'm at 7k mi so far. No issues or complaints.

11K on mine since March 2020. Not a single problem or issue so far.

I have had my 2020 tremor since august and have 11,725 miles to date. Found the transmission leaking on January 9,2021 and the automatic 4 wheel drive not operating. Took to the dealer on January 14,2021 and all parts are on back order to make the repairs. Told I could keep driving the truck as long as I checked the transmission fluid until they have parts. Dealer left me a message yesterday and no ETA on parts called ford customer service line and same story and no help getting it resolved. I am a ford loyal fan and starting to have a sour feeling toward the ford brand based on my conversation yesterday.

I have had my 2020 tremor since august and have 11,725 miles to date. Found the transmission leaking on January 9,2021 and the automatic 4 wheel drive not operating. Took to the dealer on January 14,2021 and all parts are on back order to make the repairs. Told I could keep driving the truck as long as I checked the transmission fluid until they have parts. Dealer left me a message yesterday and no ETA on parts called ford customer service line and same story and no help getting it resolved. I am a ford loyal fan and starting to have a sour feeling toward the ford brand based on my conversation yesterday.
By the way I forgot to mention I have the 7.3 tremor.

Sorry to hear about your problems Letch, I would be very frustrated too.
Sounds like others are having good luck, but not many out there over 10k yet.
That’s cool about the school buses, that should make parts for the 7.3 that much more available if it becomes a very common motor.
I read somewhere that those motors will be detuned to only 300 or 350hp.
But still a good sign knowing the motor should be arround for years to come!

I have 11k on mine. Owned it since March of 2020 only issue I had was not motor related. It was the CHMSL camera, dealer replaced it.
Very happy with the truck overall. This is Only my 2nd Super Duty since 1999.
Not including my work truck which is also a Super Duty, no issues with it either. It’s also a Gasser. It’s a 2008 with 218,00 miles on the clock and has never had my engine related issues. It’s only had 1 brake job, and several sets of tires in all that time.

Sorry to hear about your problems Letch, I would be very frustrated too.
Sounds like others are having good luck, but not many out there over 10k yet.
That’s cool about the school buses, that should make parts for the 7.3 that much more available if it becomes a very common motor.
I read somewhere that those motors will be detuned to only 300 or 350hp.
But still a good sign knowing the motor should be arround for years to come!
Ram dutunes the Cummins on the cab and chassis models. This is specifically for longevity. For those invested in the HP wars take note: greater power = less longevity. There's no free lunch. That said, I saw a YT where a Ford engineer was explaining the thought process behind the new 7.3l and one of the things that came out of it was how they were able to increase longevity and reliability over many miles that made it suitable for the extended market (RV's, busses, dump trucks and etc.) He was claiming longevity that rivaled diesels in terms of cylinder, rod, crank and head wear.

Ram dutunes the Cummins on the cab and chassis models. This is specifically for longevity. For those invested in the HP wars take note: greater power = less longevity. There's no free lunch. That said, I saw a YT where a Ford engineer was explaining the thought process behind the new 7.3l and one of the things that came out of it was how they were able to increase longevity and reliability over many miles that made it suitable for the extended market (RV's, busses, dump trucks and etc.) He was claiming longevity that rivaled diesels in terms of cylinder, rod, crank and head wear.
I thought they detuned the 7.3 in the other models? I think the 6.7 is detuned in the 650 and 750 also.

Back