7.3 Heads and Cam upgrade video

Surprised to see how much oil was sitting under the intake manifold. Like he says in the video, probably a good idea to get a catch can on these engines.

Love the sound of that cam.. I'm waiting on whipple my self ? not sure if I'm going to cam my truck ot sure is tempting

Watch around 6:35, see how much oil is sitting in the intake valley. More than I would have expected.

Watch around 6:35, see how much oil is sitting in the intake valley. More than I would have expected.

I saw that... didnt think a catch can would be needed for this motor but not so sure now.

I saw that... didnt think a catch can would be needed for this motor but not so sure now.

I didn't think so either, but I have now changed my mind, after seeing this video!

Reactions: ccw
$350 doesn’t seem bad at all if it can help mitigate engine issues.

Anyone here install one of these yet?
I've had one on my truck for close to a year now. It definitely keeps a significant amount of oil out of the intake. At first I was questioning my purchase decision (because of the price), but now I'm totally satisfied.

If forced induction is in your future, keep in mind that everything about camshaft profiles completely changes. It would be my suggestion that if you are going with a Whipple that you select the proper camshaft profile now or be faced with replacing it again when you put a blower on.....

Reactions: ccw

Latest Discussions

Back