7.3 Fuel Tank Size

mmisin2

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2017 F-350 Lariat - Waldoch
Anyone here know the tank size on a F-250 or 350 7.3 CCSB? Hate having only 34 gallons in my 2017 F-350 and looking to trade on a Lariat with sports and temor packages.

It appears the 7.3l with the regular cab and super cab have the 34 gallon tank. The 7.3l crew cab super duty has a 48 gallon tank!

2020-superduty-fuel-tank.png

Check out the 2020 Super Duty Specs sheet I attached.

Attachments

• 2020-Super-Duty-Tech-Specs.pdf
    499.4 KB · Views: 937
From the manual in the 7.3 Capacities section
FuelTanks.JPG

I had an after market 50 gallon tank on my diesel, love it, are there any after market extended gas tanks ?

I had an after market 50 gallon tank on my diesel, love it, are there any after market extended gas tanks ?
Titan makes long range fuel tanks. Roughly 50 gallons if I remember correctly

Yes, my diesel tank is from Titan, is is perfect, but the government regulates gas differently and titan cant do extended tanks for gas

Yes, my diesel tank is from Titan, is is perfect, but the government regulates gas differently and titan cant do extended tanks for gas
Wasn’t aware that they were not making tanks for gas engines. Long range America makes tanks. I know they have them for Toyota but sure about ford. Maybe they could do a custom one.

Has gasoline tank size been verified ? I talked to Awesome Ford in WA and salesman said 48g on the 7.3 Tremor they had.... does it depend on configuration ?
34g on 250 ? 48g on 350 with 4.30 gear ?

If I read the spec chart correctly, a Crew Cab (biggest cab) tremor 7.3 should have 48 gallon tank. Hope that's the case, because a 36 with that engine would be a lot of stops.

If I read the spec chart correctly, a Crew Cab (biggest cab) tremor 7.3 should have 48 gallon tank. Hope that's the case, because a 36 with that engine would be a lot of stops.

I think the dealer I spoke with read the same specs you found but post #5 says otherwise...?....I had big plans for that 48g so I hope more 7.3 owners can chime in on this- I 'll reach out to ford for clarification and post what they say...

The Tremor has a 34 gallon tank both Gas & Diesel. Only the long bed options have the larger 48 gallon tanks (which you can't get the Tremor package in). I hope this is helpful.

Damn. Oh well. My wife and daughter like to stop to pee on road trips anyways. :LOL:

I haven't been able to find one Tremor with the 48 gallon tank (Can't even build one on Ford's site) so looks like the 34 gallon is the only option right now.

I went to the websites of Transfer Flow and Titan and submitted new product requests, please everyone do the same!

Transfer Flow replied and said they can't make one due to government EVAP regulations. So why does the F150 get one?

I'm now looking for an auxillary tank that can mount under the bed somehow.

Transfer Flow replied and said they can't make one due to government EVAP regulations. So why does the F150 get one?

I have seen a additional tank in the bed that is set up to pump in to the main tank with a T in the fill hose and a check valve. Not sure if that is DOT kosher but can be done. I do know with gas it is not ok to gravity feed the main tank with an aux tank like you can with diesel.

That’s my biggest issue. Why can you get 36 gallons in a 150 but only 34 in a 250/350?

Yeah that's bs, they make them for both the gas f150 and gas tundra.

Back