Reaction Points
Military
Retired Navy Chief
Current Ride
F350 Lariat Tremor
Current Ride #2
Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk
Hi,
I purchase my F350 Tremor off the lot but it didn’t come with the 5th Wheel Prep Package. I purchase a B&W hitch and had it installed where I purchased my trailer. I'm looking to add the Trailer Sensor Kit for my 5th wheel and place the 7/12-Pin Trailer Connector Socket in the bed of the truck but the sensor kit does not come with the required connector socket. You have to purchase it separately.
The part number is HU5T-14A624-B. I checked with the parts department at my local Ford dealer but they said the number doesn't come up on their system.

My question is, has anyone found the connector socket shown below or is there an after market combo connector socket I can use? If so, where can I purchase it?

I appreciate any help

Charlie

1618547021788.png

Hi,
I purchase my F350 Tremor off the lot but it didn’t come with the 5th Wheel Prep Package. I purchase a B&W hitch and had it installed where I purchased my trailer. I'm looking to add the Trailer Sensor Kit for my 5th wheel and place the 7/12-Pin Trailer Connector Socket in the bed of the truck but the sensor kit does not come with the required connector socket. You have to purchase it separately.
The part number is HU5T-14A624-B. I checked with the parts department at my local Ford dealer but they said the number doesn't come up on their system.

My question is, has anyone found the connector socket shown below or is there an after market combo connector socket I can use? If so, where can I purchase it?

I appreciate any help

Charlie

View attachment 22322
Ok, my local Ford parts department found the 7/12-Pin Trailer Connector Socket I needed for the Trailer Sensor Kit but the part number is not HU5T-14A624-B (this is a engineering number) The correct number is HU5Z-14489-B. Now I have to cut the hole in my truck bed wall to install it...? not looking forward to that.

tempImage97YrM0.png

You should be able to replace the 7/4 pin connector in the bumper with the 7/12. May be an option vs cutting the bed if your trailer wires are long enough? I went with just the trailer camera kit without the pressure sensor and it came with a 7/12 connector. Your pressure sensor kit may include it.

You should be able to replace the 7/4 pin connector in the bumper with the 7/12. May be an option vs cutting the bed if your trailer wires are long enough? I went with just the trailer camera kit without the pressure sensor and it came with a 7/12 connector. Your pressure sensor kit may include it.
Thanks W.
I bought wireless cameras (two sides and one rear) for my trailer that come with a separate screen I can use for towing or just to have as security while camping. I purchased the Sensor Kit to mount to the 5th wheel so I can use my Ultimate Towing system. My cable reach the bumper but I like the idea of having them in the truck.

Back