Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Military
US Army
Current Ride
2022 F350 CCLB (11/2022)
Current Ride #2
2015 F350 CCLB 225k // 2006 F350 CCLB 280k
Anyone here using the 67 D arms for their devices? What length are you using? Thanks!

67Designs on a BuiltRight base. Should be the 'small' per their website.

IMG_1821[4177].jpg

Is the dash ball on some sort of spacer?

Is the dash ball on some sort of spacer?

Yes. This was a kit 67Designs used to sell when BuiltRight first introduced their dash mounts a few years ago. Moved the mount from our Raptor over to the Superduty and mounted it on BuiltRight's new 2022+ 12" screen dash mount.

I'm digging it. Looks great.

I'm using 67 Designs for both my phone mount (Pelican magnetic mount/charger for iPhone) and for my Garmin 890 GPS. I don't recall the sizes as I tried a few to get the end result I was looking for where the mounts are actually supported by the dash for zero bouncing/vibration.

IMG_2286.JPG
IMG_2287.JPG
IMG_2288.JPG

I'm using 67 Designs for both my phone mount (Pelican magnetic mount/charger for iPhone) and for my Garmin 890 GPS. I don't recall the sizes as I tried a few to get the end result I was looking for where the mounts are actually supported by the dash for zero bouncing/vibration.

Did you feel like they bounced too much with a single arm??

Did you feel like they bounced too much with a single arm??
In order to position my devices where they are viewable/accessible, I really needed to use the ball-joint arms...a single straight arm placed things in an unfavorable position.

A single straight arm will bounce unless it rests on the top of the console...probably just basic physics.

Looking back at my order, the longer arm for the Garmin (passenger side) is the "small" with a "nano" down to the Garmin mount. The 2 arms on the driver's side are the "mini".

@catastrofe Thanks for looking up your order. Looks like the small or nano would work well for me. I'm just wanting a phone mount right now.

Thanks for all the replies !!

@catastrofe Thanks for looking up your order. Looks like the small or nano would work well for me. I'm just wanting a phone mount right now.

Thanks for all the replies !!
I have the RAM arms but have duals on each side similar to arrangement @catastrofe has. I cut a small section of rubber and wedged it between the arm and the dash to take up any lash and minimize the bounce factor. One is for my phone and one for the Garmin 890RV. So far so good!

I have been putting off a 69designs order for a few months now. I bought a few of their pieces to mount a switch-pros in my wife’s SUV and it worked out slick. For the Ford I’m unsure exactly what lengths will work, so I‘ve got the cart chock full and the dollar amount seems ridiculous. I need to just bite the bullet.

I have been putting off a 69designs order for a few months now. I bought a few of their pieces to mount a switch-pros in my wife’s SUV and it worked out slick. For the Ford I’m unsure exactly what lengths will work, so I‘ve got the cart chock full and the dollar amount seems ridiculous. I need to just bite the bullet.

giphy.gif

That's what I did...no way to really know so I purchased an assortment, then had to place a second order to actually make things work.

I mean it's just money, but that was painful. I have some cheap stuff that I bought prior to the 67Designs items I have and they saved the day on a big road trip we did last year. But after I got the 67Designs pieces...won't settle for anything inferior now.

At the risk of seeming a fanboy (and not caring lol) this 67Designs stuff is awesome. If you haven't looked into it folks you really should. If'n it don't fit the budget I understand, but man is it good stuff.

And yes I'm trying to make myself feel a little better after submitting my order 🤑

Latest Discussions

Back