60 gallon tank

Billy Bob

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250
Had a S&B 60 gallon tank installed in 2020 sometime. A few months ago I started getting a noise when I turned hard right. Worse when braking and going into gas stations. Took to 2 different shops. 1 could not replicate? Test drive with the other. Heard it but could not find the source. Thought bearings. U joint. Did not make sense. Definitely speed related with steering. I crawl underneath in parking lot and saw the driveshaft was close to the tank. Especially around the weights. Could not get my pinky in there. Called S&B. Said to send pics of bed and fill tube and everything. Called back to see if they got them. Talked to somebody else. Almost immediately said he was sending a bracket to prevent the tank from shifting. So I’m thinking I am not the first. The noise was the weight slapping the tank.

Will follow up later.

Wow that's a good catch and great that you shared with the group. I know others have that tank on their trucks as well. 🍻

Well that could have been bad. Thanks for the heads up. That's good Intel to pass along. Hopefully all new tanks ship with updated hardware to prevent this.

I purchased a 60 gallon tank in January of this year. Hopefully I don't run into problems. Can you post pictures?

I purchased a 60 gallon tank in January of this year. Hopefully I don't run into problems. Can you post pictures?
Don’t have pictures. It it seems rectified with the new bracket. This is what I got back. They said it is now an improved bracket with a bolt.

We have always shipped tanks with brackets. We switched it to a bolt in style to ensure the bracket was installed correctly.

My final response.

I’m guessing based on the fact that it moved it must have been installed incorrectly at some time?

I appreciate you getting back to me. But I have paid for the tank and install, the new sending unit and install, and now the install of an improved bracket. In hindsight I would have passed on this upgrade.

Regards

Sorry to hear you had issues. I installed mine in July 2022 and have not had a single problem.

Mine has been in since Dec 2021, 20,000 miles on it and not one noise or issue. I love having the crazy range this gives me. Glad it was a simple bracket fix for you OP. Sounds like you had some rare issues unfortunately.

Mine has been in since Dec 2021, 20,000 miles on it and not one noise or issue. I love having the crazy range this gives me. Glad it was a simple bracket fix for you OP. Sounds like you had some rare issues unfortunately.
Don’t take any left turns too hard. Lol

Latest Discussions

Back