60” BACK LED BAR WITH SEQUENTIAL TURN SIGNAL

This is what the plug for the LED LIGHT bar looks like and the splitter. View attachment 13920View attachment 13921View attachment 13922
Ok so you will still have to splice into wiring somewhere for a reverse light trigger.

Ii need to get under the truck to see if that splitter can go before the bumper connector....I just don't think that's what the harness looks like. If it's different that means you'll plug the harness in to the outboard side of the bumper and be able to see it....thats what I want to avoid.

Looking forward to seeing your install.

OK So the wire harness splitter will be for the outside of the bumper. The mechanic said I need a different one to go behind the bumper. I didn't ask him enough questions. So any one know what I need. Is it a 6 prong with a splitter that has 6 prong and a 4 prong. Now I heard alot of you say you would not want to splice the wires. Why wouldnt you just splice it with connectors and when you remove it or replace it down the road you do it right. I want the Light bar. I have seen a bunch of light bars have a few LEDS blown out on the line. This one has 300 so I see it wont last forever. So any feed back would be great. I want to order what i need but not sure what to look up. Thanks in advance.
Don ? ? ? :cool:

OK So the wire harness splitter will be for the outside of the bumper. The mechanic said I need a different one to go behind the bumper. I didn't ask him enough questions. So any one know what I need. Is it a 6 prong with a splitter that has 6 prong and a 4 prong. Now I heard alot of you say you would not want to splice the wires. Why wouldnt you just splice it with connectors and when you remove it or replace it down the road you do it right. I want the Light bar. I have seen a bunch of light bars have a few LEDS blown out on the line. This one has 300 so I see it wont last forever. So any feed back would be great. I want to order what i need but not sure what to look up. Thanks in advance.
Don ? ? ? :cool:
I installed (on my old F-150) an OPT7 60" Redline Triple LED Tailgate Light Bar w/Sequential Amber Turn Signal and used a CURT 55384 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 4-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness to get the 4-pin from under the truck. Turned out great except the OPT7 was crap and I ended up returning it 3 times before throwing in the towel.

1611008434694.png

I installed (on my old F-150) an OPT7 60" Redline Triple LED Tailgate Light Bar w/Sequential Amber Turn Signal and used a CURT 55384 Replacement Vehicle-Side Custom USCAR 4-Pin Trailer Wiring Harness to get the 4-pin from under the truck. Turned out great except the OPT7 was crap and I ended up returning it 3 times before throwing in the towel.

View attachment 14401
Dude thanks. I just ordered it. So even if it’s wrong it was 26.06$. Thanks Bad Rock. When I make my Friends tour and go out West first couple rounds of drinks are on me my friend ??????
Donny Details ?

Dude thanks. I just ordered it. So even if it’s wrong it was 26.06$. Thanks Bad Rock. When I make my Friends tour and go out West first couple rounds of drinks are on me my friend ??????
Donny Details ?
You'll enjoy your truck in my neck of the woods. The Rockies don't disappoint.

This is the splitter I bought and used previously on my Tundra. Worked great. I still had to run the reverse wire to get it working and ran it to the rear tail light. I’d like to just splice into the splitter now. Anyone happen to know which wire on the 7 connector that would be?

Thanks!

As an FYI... I got this installed today. I did remove that plastic foot long piece under the tailgate. Had 2 screws and nothing really behind it but some holes. This allows it to be better spaced in the opening. I used the CURT 55384 pigtail and spliced the black wire to the middle pin of the 7 connector(no factory wire cut). Everything seems to be working as designed so I‘m pretty stoked. Looks great.

As an FYI... I got this installed today. I did remove that plastic foot long piece under the tailgate. Had 2 screws and nothing really behind it but some holes. This allows it to be better spaced in the opening. I used the CURT 55384 pigtail and spliced the black wire to the middle pin of the 7 connector(no factory wire cut). Everything seems to be working as designed so I‘m pretty stoked. Looks great.
Pics please. Great Job My Man ? ? ? :cool:

One more update…. When I did the install and did not power the red wire… I did not have any warnings (trailer disconnects, etc) but after a day those started very intermittently. I contacted the manufacturer and they said to power that wire because that is exactly what it is there for. Took me a week but I finally finished it. Ran the power to the battery and since have had no more messages.

Here is a picture from the spot where you remove that hard plastic strip. Still love this light strip.
Michael

9B2F6ADD-13A9-4BF9-82E9-AAD5B53891EA.jpeg

Back