6.7L Exhaust Tip

Mountain Man

Tremor Fiend
TOTM Winner
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
Has anyone installed an exhaust tip on their 6.7L? I'd like to cut off the dual galvanized outlets and install a single black tip but it sure doesn't look like their is much straight & round pipe left to attach a new tip to once the duals are cut off.

There's plenty of aftermarket DPF back exhausts you could buy. MagnaFlow is one I know that is made in black.

Don't buy Magnaflow, single into twin 5" tips behind passenger rear wheel. I just tried installing this on mine and no matter what I did the exhaust tip would hit the trailer hitch. Checked the instructions twice with no luck. I had the system on my '15 and it went in with no problems. I am wander if the '20s have a larger trailer hitch and Magnaflow does not realize. Also, they only provide a 1 year warranty on their Black Series, where if you by the polished version, it is life time. They must not have a lot of faith in that black costing. I am going to reach out to Magnaflow and see what they have to say.

Just sprayed my tips with VHT exhaust paint. Looks good and cheap.

Attachments

• D0FE68AF-7C37-466C-83EE-465F6F46D3AC.jpeg
    D0FE68AF-7C37-466C-83EE-465F6F46D3AC.jpeg
    296.4 KB · Views: 289
Don't buy Magnaflow, single into twin 5" tips behind passenger rear wheel. I just tried installing this on mine and no matter what I did the exhaust tip would hit the trailer hitch. Checked the instructions twice with no luck. I had the system on my '15 and it went in with no problems. I am wander if the '20s have a larger trailer hitch and Magnaflow does not realize. Also, they only provide a 1 year warranty on their Black Series, where if you by the polished version, it is life time. They must not have a lot of faith in that black costing. I am going to reach out to Magnaflow and see what they have to say.

Mangaflow is terrible at keeping up with different production changes. My last truck they did R&D one time and didn’t realize that the tab to line up DPF back changed in the second year. Had to cut my own cutout to install.

BararaTremor: how is the paint exhaust holding up to rocks and debris kicked up by the rear tire?

BararaTremor: how is the paint exhaust holding up to rocks and debris kicked up by the rear tire?
Just did it and haven’t moved it yet. I guess it has to cure with heat to be chemical resistant. Worse case scenario, I have to touch it up every six months. ??‍♂️

Thank you.

Just did it and haven’t moved it yet. I guess it has to cure with heat to be chemical resistant. Worse case scenario, I have to touch it up every six months.

BacaraTremor it looks like it’s been 8 or 9 months since you painted the exhaust with VHT paint. I am thinking of doing the same. How is it holding up?

Attachments

• CB9F3D87-9B50-4CEE-8A16-E9CDF1157AC4.jpeg
    CB9F3D87-9B50-4CEE-8A16-E9CDF1157AC4.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 176
  • B6AAFA4E-E99D-41C3-8BB2-64147175BC9D.jpeg
    B6AAFA4E-E99D-41C3-8BB2-64147175BC9D.jpeg
    357.2 KB · Views: 174
Which exhaust us that? Make and Part Number please.

Glad you got it to fit, I wander if Magnaflow made some changes. Looks sharp. Still do not have confidence in their black coating.

I did not get the chrome package. I painted the tip. This was after 5 weeks of ownership and about 900 miles. I sanded everything with some 220 grit sandpaper and then used Rust-Oleum High Temperature Paint.

Attachments

• Exhaust.jpg
    Exhaust.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 144
Back