Cutting It Loose In My Silver Spruce
TOTM Winner
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 6.7 F250 Super Duty Tremor Lariat Ultimate BAP
Current Ride #2
2022 KTM 500 EXC-F Six Days
Just curious if anyone out there has done much research on what’s currently available. I saw an exhaust tip upgrade on another thread and it made me wonder what everyone else was doing or thinking about doing. I don’t care for the stock exhaust tip but I’m looking for something that either bolts directly on the stock pipe (with the stock tip removed obviously)without modification, or a pipe and tip system that can again be put on without much fabrication or modifications. I’d like to keep the option of returning it to stock if desired in the future. I’m not necessarily looking for performance because I think the 6.7 has plenty, but a nice sound wouldn’t be too bad either. Thoughts?

I just added a 4” black MBRP DEF back exhaust. Very minimal noise increase. I did it more for cosmetic reasons.

DPF back sections are out there for sale.

Just curious if anyone out there has done much research on what’s currently available. I saw an exhaust tip upgrade on another thread and it made me wonder what everyone else was doing or thinking about doing. I don’t care for the stock exhaust tip but I’m looking for something that either bolts directly on the stock pipe (with the stock tip removed obviously)without modification, or a pipe and tip system that can again be put on without much fabrication or modifications. I’d like to keep the option of returning it to stock if desired in the future. I’m not necessarily looking for performance because I think the 6.7 has plenty, but a nice sound wouldn’t be too bad either. Thoughts?
I’m literally just looking for the sound since I think the 6.7 has plenty of power!

Due to the DPF, you do not get much if any sound difference with aftermarket exhaust. After market exhaust are mainly for looks. Also, do not get the Magnaflow single into two 5" tips as it does not fit because of the 35" spare tire.

Due to the DPF, you do not get much if any sound difference with aftermarket exhaust. After market exhaust are mainly for looks. Also, do not get the Magnaflow single into two 5" tips as it does not fit because of the 35" spare tire.

I actually reached out to them regarding that because I like the looks of their exhaust better than the others I've seen. They said with some work they believe it would be fine, but the spare would need to be loosened and slightly repositioned, then they believe that the exhaust would fit. But they couldn't recommend it for a direct drop in option. If/when I decide to do something to mine exhaust wise I'm going to give it a shot. We'll see... Either way that will be a year+ from now.

I wasn't able to move the spare tire enough for clearance. I had to move the spare (factory standard) on my 15' to get it to fit and then it just barely fit. It was so close that the heat from the exhaust started to discolor the rubber. Their response of it should work is a little shady in my opinion. That means then haven't tested it themselves.

All look, no sound difference, a lot of $ for that. The DPF is a GIANT muffler With I think 7 sensors, good luck deleting that monstrosity.......
F996ACCD-4601-4A46-BA85-C531C95F07E9.jpeg

ftchmup, just curious whose exhaust is that, looks good, normally not a fan of the single exhaust pipe.

Thank you

Back