6.7 "minor" mods?

bootstrap

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2022 Lariat Tremor F350
Current Ride #2
2020 BMW M340i, 1997 Land Rover Discovery
I understand that I can search up each of these, but perhaps more efficient to just ask for the "minor" performance mods folks have done and would endorse for the Stroke.

K&N air filter? Ram air? I had a $200 thing on my 2010 GMC that stopped the 4-8 cylinder switch from happening - I know that is not the case for the Powerstroke, but just an example...

What's out there, educate me!

Minor is a loose definition, so let's say less than $1,000??? Whatever

Cold air intake or aftermarket air filters not really needed.

S&S Gen 2.1 disaster prevention kit - $400
HSM upper and lower fuel filter upgrade kits - $668 total (both kits)
HSM hot and cold side pipes - $588 for both
Odyssey Extreme AGM batteries - $750 total (two batteries) online or shop around and get a lower price locally.
S&B 60 gallon fuel tank - $1250

Last edited:
I understand that I can search up each of these, but perhaps more efficient to just ask for the "minor" performance mods folks have done and would endorse for the Stroke.

K&N air filter? Ram air? I had a $200 thing on my 2010 GMC that stopped the 4-8 cylinder switch from happening - I know that is not the case for the Powerstroke, but just an example...

What's out there, educate me!

Minor is a loose definition, so let's say less than $1,000??? Whatever
Cold air intake(s&b), hot and cold pipes on turbo, Banks pedal monster, banks 5" exhaust. Hope that helps.

I like the sound of upgrading the fuel filters but I'm assuming you're voiding the warranty if something happens to your fuel system / engine?

That would be the only hangup for me.
Warranty won't cover a failed CP4 unfortunately, which will require the rest of the fuel system to be replaced. Insurance would, yes, but all of us hate going to the dealer and being without a truck for months.

Warranty won't cover a failed CP4 unfortunately, which will require the rest of the fuel system to be replaced. Insurance would, yes, but all of us hate going to the dealer and being without a truck for months.
Please expound on the insurance covering please. What part of your policy covers mechanical issues. Thanks

Please expound on the insurance covering please. What part of your policy covers mechanical issues. Thanks
I don't know what insurance policy you have or provider, so you will need to call your agent and inquire about a catastrophic non-warranty covered failure (same scenario as a vandal putting foreign liquid in the fuel tank). For me, my truck is used for business, so it's an essential tool.

Cold air intake or aftermarket air filters not really needed.

S&S Gen 2.1 disaster prevention kit - $400
HSM upper and lower fuel filter upgrade kits - $668 total (both kits)
HSM hot and cold side pipes - $578 for both
Odyssey Extreme AGM batteries - $750 total (two batteries) online or shop around and get a lower price locally.
S&B 60 gallon fuel tank - $1250
Do you have links to these parts or are they included in your build thread if I search through it?

Banks cold air intake
Banks monster 5in exhaust
Banks pedal monster
HSM hot and cold pipes
HSM upper and lower fuel conversion

I like the sound of upgrading the fuel filters but I'm assuming you're voiding the warranty if something happens to your fuel system / engine?

That would be the only hangup for me.
I was thinking the same thing with the pipes 🤔

Back