6.7 HO Reliability So Far

Backcountry_Tremor

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2023 F250 Lariat Tremor
Just curious, how's everyone's 6.7 HO engines doing so far?

Any flaws discovered or must have upgrades to bullet proof it like in prior renditions?

I'm starting to rack up the miles, so just wanted a heads up of anything to look forward to.

Last edited:
4200 miles here. No issues

9,000 miles. Flawless. Pulls like a freight train. Fuel economy is improving.

Big boi almost 5,000 miles. Zero issues, best and funnest engine ever.

4,000 miles, currently having my transmission main valve body replaced under warranty. Started noticing that the truck when cold, shifting from reverse to drive would "launch" it to the point it tried to push through the brakee. Once warmed up no issues and it didn't skip / have any other issues shifting that I noticed. Dealer confirmed that it was failed / on the way out. While it is in, also having the dash recall performed..... Other than that it's been great

17,000 on mine. All good. Im actually surprised at how good the fuel economy is empty. Running straight highway/ country roads it is 20-21 all day long

17,000 on mine. All good. Im actually surprised at how good the fuel economy is empty. Running straight highway/ country roads it is 20-21 all day long
Yea Im solid 20+ hwy but the dang city drops me to 16.5 which admittedly is still great (compared to a 2023 GMC 1500 with a gas 6.2).

50K on my 2020. Had 1 leaky valve cover early on and engine cooling fan clutch replaced under warranty at about 25k. Also, not related to motor, had touch screen replaced under extended (125k 6 year) warranty. Just did front brakes for the first time this week which is very good for me;) Very happy with my truck.
Pedal Monster, 1.5 inch level pucks, front receiver hitch, MT Baja Boss 305/70/18, Nav TV, 60 gallon SB tank

4600 on my 23 love it no issues. Fuel mileage regular driving 18.5-19, pulling a 5er 9600 gvwr 30’ around 12

11,000 on my 23. Getting 18.5 and only one issue. Alarm will randomly go off when set. No code for it just goes off. Typically when leaving trailhead during a hunt on a quiet morning.......Kind of sucks.
Chas

7000 miles. No issues at all. Love the truck. Gets 21 mpg, around 16.5 in town. Love the torque

11,000 on my 23. Getting 18.5 and only one issue. Alarm will randomly go off when set. No code for it just goes off. Typically when leaving trailhead during a hunt on a quiet morning.......Kind of sucks.
Chas
Probably a flying insect trapped in the cab.

4,000 miles, currently having my transmission main valve body replaced under warranty. Started noticing that the truck when cold, shifting from reverse to drive would "launch" it to the point it tried to push through the brakee. Once warmed up no issues and it didn't skip / have any other issues shifting that I noticed. Dealer confirmed that it was failed / on the way out. While it is in, also having the dash recall performed..... Other than that it's been great
Dash recall? 23+?

Back