6.7 Engine Block Heater

Cybermig

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor XLT
Hey folks - curious for you guys that live in the cold weather and have block heaters vs those that don't and went through this past winter with the 6.7. From what I've read so far, the new 6.7 seems really compliant to start up with below freezing temps up to about -10F which is colder than where I live (we might have some Jan/Feb weeks in the single digit temps but nothing in the negatives). Average winter temps where I live are from upper teens to low 30's. My bigger concern is heating the cab of the truck and how long that could take and how much improvement I could gain in that arena with the block heater.....

My truck sadly didn't come with a block heater nor supplemental cab heater so I'm likely stuck either getting one post sale or just toughing out the winter and waiting for the truck to warm up which I suspect can take north of 15 mins or longer. I do have the remote start feature which I will take advantage of come winter time to help get the truck fired up before I have to leave the house.

Curious on your experiences with the new 2020 6.7.

Great question, I was actually wondering the same thing myself

Hey folks - curious for you guys that live in the cold weather and have block heaters vs those that don't and went through this past winter with the 6.7. From what I've read so far, the new 6.7 seems really compliant to start up with below freezing temps up to about -10F which is colder than where I live (we might have some Jan/Feb weeks in the single digit temps but nothing in the negatives). Average winter temps where I live are from upper teens to low 30's. My bigger concern is heating the cab of the truck and how long that could take and how much improvement I could gain in that arena with the block heater.....

My truck sadly didn't come with a block heater nor supplemental cab heater so I'm likely stuck either getting one post sale or just toughing out the winter and waiting for the truck to warm up which I suspect can take north of 15 mins or longer. I do have the remote start feature which I will take advantage of come winter time to help get the truck fired up before I have to leave the house.

Curious on your experiences with the new 2020 6.7.
i got both the blocker heater and cab heater... i may not use them in the beginning but as i have the truck years later they will probably be used alot more, it doesn't get to cold in MD but having a quick start up is always better then waiting, but i plan on moving in the mountains... so going to be more useful... they were cheap options $350 for both of them why not

I live in NE Ohio snow belt, but picked my 2020 up earlier spring. My 2016 6.7 had both on it though and can tell you I only plugged it in over night if temps were going to 0 mainly for the even quicker heat. At the end of the day at work even in single digit high temp days the truck always fired right off. I don’t think you really “need it” until below 0, I think the manual says -10F.
The cab heater is a great option, I have heat after 5 minutes of idling. I’ll add the winsheild deicer and heated steering wheel also works great, at least the few times we had snow late March thru Mid April. I think the last day of snow that covered the grass was April 16th this year.

Back