5th Wheel Recommendations

Rock Taxi

Founding Member
Current Ride
2020 F350 6.7l King Ranch Tremor
Current Ride #2
2004 and 2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
My wife and I could be modifying our plans on a roof top tent setup, to instead get a 5th wheel camper / trailer.

I have the factory Ford gooseneck stuff in the bed, and box of gooseneck ball and safety mounts and the in-bed plugs, but no 5th wheel stuff. I have used goosenecks for years, but it appears 5th wheels are the go-to setup for RV/Camper/Trailers.

Is there a setup folks recommend that mounts to what I have in the bed that is better than the others?

Ed

AARONC11

Tremor Member
Current Ride
2020 F350 Tremor
My wife and I could be modifying our plans on a roof top tent setup, to instead get a 5th wheel camper / trailer.

I have the factory Ford gooseneck stuff in the bed, and box of gooseneck ball and safety mounts and the in-bed plugs, but no 5th wheel stuff. I have used goosenecks for years, but it appears 5th wheels are the go-to setup for RV/Camper/Trailers.

Is there a setup folks recommend that mounts to what I have in the bed that is better than the others?

Ed
I have used the Reese Goosebox on my 5th wheel and it worked great.

MSUConrad

Tremor Newbie
Current Ride
2020 F350
Look at the Reece Goosebox. I’ve had it on my last 45’ fifth wheel and my current 42’. You get your whole truck bed and aren’t stuck with a 400lb hitch in your bed. It’s also about the same price as a decent hitch, so it’s a dollar amount you’re spending anyway.

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Current Ride
F350 Tremor 6.7 Lariat sport
I like the 20 K sliding Curt Its heavy duty and works very well I have a 24k head on the unit very easy to install and remove but its heavy
I like heavy duty, I like the "jaws" on the Curt better than the Reese. Sold my old 16K Reese on FB after the Trade. Reese is the Name brand decent products. There are some hybrid hitches out there that are specialized and very nice. this one works great for me.
IMG_4818.jpeg

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge