5th wheel prep package

JustAGraySuit

Tremor Newbie
Reaction Points
Military
Army Vet
Current Ride
2021 6.7 Lariat Tremor
Hi folks, have a 21 f250 diesel short bed, im absolutely new to 5th wheel towing, I thought the dealership said it comes with the 5th wheel prep package, I just wonder how I can tell for sure. Any advice / pictures help.

You’ll be able to identify it by the holes in the bed that are the “puck” system.

BB6A538D-F085-423B-B97E-192735474353.png

Hi folks, have a 21 f250 diesel short bed, im absolutely new to 5th wheel towing, I thought the dealership said it comes with the 5th wheel prep package, I just wonder how I can tell for sure. Any advice / pictures help.
If you have the prep package with the 5 holes in the bed for the mounting you are ready with the puck type 5th wheel. If not you will have to have rails installed.

When I ordered mine, it was something that I selected. I figured if I ever needed it it's cheaper to add it now
I bought from a dealership, have towing package just don't know what it looks like, can you take a pic of your bed & under side.

A tow package is separate from the 5th wheel prep package. Gooseneck towing is a dream compared to to bumper pull. I have 7,000 miles towing with mine so far. If it specifically doesn't say 5th wheel prep on the order sheet, then it isn't on there. I highly recommend ordering it even if you never plan on using it. Good for resale value.

Attachments

• IMG_20201208_173940763.jpg
    IMG_20201208_173940763.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20201208_174128427.jpg
    IMG_20201208_174128427.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20201208_174223349.jpg
    IMG_20201208_174223349.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 39
A tow package is separate from the 5th wheel prep package. Gooseneck towing is a dream compared to to bumper pull. I have 7,000 miles towing with mine so far. If it specifically doesn't say 5th wheel prep on the order sheet, then it isn't on there. I highly recommend ordering it even if you never plan on using it. Good for resale value.
This is what I was looking for, guess mine didn't come with it, what's aftermarket look like for this do you know ? Guessing some drilling involved? I snagged one of the last tremors in my state that were near MSRP with the trim I wanted so I didn't get to be picky Abt stuff like 5th wheel prep, but I wish I had it now :/ have towed w my raptor but I'm going to be towing a 5th wheel camper w the tremor so I guess I will need an aftermarket setup . Thanks for info again !

This is what I was looking for, guess mine didn't come with it, what's aftermarket look like for this do you know ? Guessing some drilling involved? I snagged one of the last tremors in my state that were near MSRP with the trim I wanted so I didn't get to be picky Abt stuff like 5th wheel prep, but I wish I had it now :/ have towed w my raptor but I'm going to be towing a 5th wheel camper w the tremor so I guess I will need an aftermarket setup . Thanks for info again !
Sorry. I don't know what it like. I know having rails in the bed makes it uneven. Someone on here will probably post a picture for you.

It’s not a big deal I think I bought the kit for 600 had a shop install for three if you get the factory Ford one it’s all plug and play and if you look at the bed there’s small dimples where you drill just make sure the kit comes with the electrical plug for the side of the bed https://www.ebay.com/itm/1641103317...MIq9WSo7br8AIV9CCtBh334gb4EAQYAiABEgJLUPD_BwE

Latest Discussions

Back