5th wheel prep package

Tjaxson

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2021 duramax
Whenever my tremor 350 is done... A year and counting. Will I need to get a new hitch for the prep package or will my old set of rails and hitch work?

The prep package isn’t available any longer. So this could be your hold up.

I assume your talking about a 5th wheel hitch? If so, you will need a new hitch that uses the pucks, attaches to a gooseneck ball, or you can get puck to rail adapter. The last option would allow you to use your old hitch but it has the most connection points and will have the most slop.

Pullrite makes an adapter for the puck system that will work with any industry standard rail hitches. It will make the hitch sit higher in the bed so measure first if you plan to install a tonneau over..

I just purchased a B&W Companion slide hitch for my short bed. We pulled our 5th wheel down to the hill country two weeks ago. No slop/play pulled great, love the puck system easy in and easy out when you need to use the bed of your truck.
I may have not needed the slider hitch , but $700 more for the slider is a lot cheaper than fixing the Cap of the trailer and the Cab and Glass of your truck. Its a piece of mind thing. Good Luck!

I just purchased a B&W Companion slide hitch for my short bed. We pulled our 5th wheel down to the hill country two weeks ago. No slop/play pulled great, love the puck system easy in and easy out when you need to use the bed of your truck.
I may have not needed the slider hitch , but $700 more for the slider is a lot cheaper than fixing the Cap of the trailer and the Cab and Glass of your truck. Its a piece of mind thing. Good Luck!
How much to get your B&W Companion Slider installed? I am debating between the Companion slider and fixed hitch myself, so it is good to know about the $700 difference.

Does anyone know why Ford can't get the 5th wheel prep package issue straightened out? I had to delete it from my build to get things moving. I mean it is just steel and a wiring harness so WTH??

My understanding (could be wrong) is the supplier has to get some from each batch tested for failure.

Also not sure if they're robotically welded or not. I'd assume yes to remove the human Monday factor.

Does anyone know why Ford can't get the 5th wheel prep package issue straightened out? I had to delete it from my build to get things moving. I mean it is just steel and a wiring harness so WTH??
I just got my truck with the 5th wheel prep in it last week. Ordered Feb 1st so i don't believe the rumors of that delaying the builds...

How much to get your B&W Companion Slider installed? I am debating between the Companion slider and fixed hitch myself, so it is good to know about the $700 difference.
I had the puck system in my truck. very easy to install.

I had the puck system in my truck. very easy to install.
When I bought mine, I had no plans to buy a giant 5th wheel, so I did not order the prep package. :mad:

I just got my truck with the 5th wheel prep in it last week. Ordered Feb 1st so i don't believe the rumors of that delaying the builds...
Man! Your lucky. I ordered 12/23/22, had to delete 5th wheel and bed liner to get order moving. I am set to be built week of June 20th...

I was a priority 2... So they say.
The lowest priority you can get on a retail order is a 10. The default priority is 19. It sounds like they gave you a story or they do not know how it works. Either one is not good news for you.

I ordered mine in January and got it in April, but had to remove the 5th wheel prep package. My dealer showed me the email from their Ford rep that said my truck wouldn't be scheduled unless I removed the 5th wheel prep. I got a quote the other day of $2,400 for BW flip ball gooseneck and slider companion installed.

The lowest priority you can get on a retail order is a 10. The default priority is 19. It sounds like they gave you a story or they do not know how it works. Either one is not good news for you.
This is not correct. Lowest a dealer can give you is 10. Region Rep can move to 2.

I ordered mine in January and got it in April, but had to remove the 5th wheel prep package. My dealer showed me the email from their Ford rep that said my truck wouldn't be scheduled unless I removed the 5th wheel prep. I got a quote the other day of $2,400 for BW flip ball gooseneck and slider companion installed.
That is a great price! The best I can find for the same B&W package in the Houston area is $2600 and most of the quotes were $3K or more. Where did you go for your quote?

Back