Tremor Addict
Reaction Points
Military
US Army
Current Ride
2022 F350 CCLB (11/2022)
Current Ride #2
2015 F350 CCLB 225k // 2006 F350 CCLB 280k
So if someone who has nothing else better to do help me out for a second.
Part One : As my truck was off the lot, I didn't select options. Wanting to see the 5th wheel in-bed connector routing. Does your harness connect to the area pictured below or is it off the rear bumper connection??
Part Two : Are there any people who have any sort of OEM harness off the two connections pictured below?? (6 pin // 2 pin)

IMG_2312.JPG

Heavy, I think you've posted the maximum amount of create-a-threads in a 24 hour period. Please refer to the posting rules that you agreed to when you signed up. 🤪

I do love how you've been drinking all day 🍻. Keep going heavy!

It's one of those days....as they say while the cat's away...

I’ll need to remember where but I know there’s a 7 pin/ 12 pin connection deal as if you ordered from factory with the prep kit. I wanna say Nicholson something or another but I can’t remember exactly and am about to take off on a flight. If I find it I’ll post it but I know it exists so you can route everything to the one location for camera and brakes/lights.

my truck does not have the in bed plug either. i was thinking about adding it. does the kit come with a template to cut the hole in the bed?

my truck does not have the in bed plug either. i was thinking about adding it. does the kit come with a template to cut the hole in the bed?

Yes, on the site where you download the instructions there is a template. I just wanted to see if those two plugs are being used by an OEM harness and if anyone can show pics of how the harness is routed.

Given there's a few ways this is done : w/camera kit and w/o camera kit . I wasn't sure if those plugs are used for either one of those two options. I have the two capped connectors that I'm pretty sure are for the camera kit. The instructions on the Ford site do not use the two connectors I have pictured above.

Hey look at that! All I had to do was have a better memory!

Still looking for anyone who has a factory OEM harness that's attached to the two connections as pictured above.

When I installed my hitch prep kit, I was surprised to find the bed plug to begin with but there was a QR code for the install manual which included the template that can printed.

Back