(5) Fuel “Beast” (18X9 +1 offset) wheels and (5) 35X12.50X18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers installed today

Patriot,
I agree that 100 lbs isn't a significant change in weight. But it is more than just the weight. You have the angular velocity, angular acceleration, and angular momentum (torque) of that mass spinning, accelerating, and decelerating every time you change vehicle speed. There is a lot of energy loss there in changes of the moment of inertia. There is also a rolling resistance from the deformation of the rubber in the tire that may or not be different between the Nitto and the Duratracs. Give us a read on the actual mileage change after you run them a while. Great experiment.

Patriot,
I agree that 100 lbs isn't a significant change in weight. But it is more than just the weight. You have the angular velocity, angular acceleration, and angular momentum (torque) of that mass spinning, accelerating, and decelerating every time you change vehicle speed. There is a lot of energy loss there in changes of the moment of inertia. There is also a rolling resistance from the deformation of the rubber in the tire that may or not be different between the Nitto and the Duratracs. Give us a read on the actual mileage change after you run them a while. Great experiment.
Not to sound snarky at all ? but I am not concerned about the mileage. I did not purchase this truck with fuel mileage or economy in mind. Just me ??.
That said I will leave the mpg experiments up to another “myth buster” on here. ? I bought this truck to tow with and ohhhh it does a fantastic job. ??
Merry Christmas! ?

Really happy with how this install turned out. The crew at Discount Tire did a fantastic job getting me in and out with in 2 hrs. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers are much quieter than the OE Duratracs. I like the way they handle...no wandering which surprised me for a brand new tire...truck was spot on while on the super slab all the way home.
I kept the OE TPMS sensors & OE Tremor wheels and tires intact as I plan on keeping them for an extra set. They only have 3600 miles on them. I had DCT add new TPMS sensors to all (5) Fuel wheels. The spare tucked up under nicely as I figured it would and it will be rotated through every 5k. I am really happy with the +1 offset. Thanks to @Warpath and @DanMan583 for a few pointers! Much appreciated brothers. ????
A few photos-View attachment 12052
+1 offset - happy with this offset.
View attachment 12053

View attachment 12054

My OCD kicked in and I had the Fuel logo lined up on the rim with Fuel on the center cap.?View attachment 12055
What does the stock Tremor wheels offset at?

What does the stock Tremor wheels offset at?
Here- the search feature is a great tool ??

Really happy with how this install turned out. The crew at Discount Tire did a fantastic job getting me in and out with in 2 hrs. The Nitto Ridge Grapplers are much quieter than the OE Duratracs. I like the way they handle...no wandering which surprised me for a brand new tire...truck was spot on while on the super slab all the way home.
I kept the OE TPMS sensors & OE Tremor wheels and tires intact as I plan on keeping them for an extra set. They only have 3600 miles on them. I had DCT add new TPMS sensors to all (5) Fuel wheels. The spare tucked up under nicely as I figured it would and it will be rotated through every 5k. I am really happy with the +1 offset. Thanks to @Warpath and @DanMan583 for a few pointers! Much appreciated brothers. ????
View attachment 12053

View attachment 12054

My OCD kicked in and I had the Fuel logo lined up on the rim with Fuel on the center cap.?View attachment 12055

Not to sound snarky at all ? but I am not concerned about the mileage. I did not purchase this truck with fuel mileage or economy in mind. Just me ??.
That said I will leave the mpg experiments up to another “myth buster” on here. ? I bought this truck to tow with and ohhhh it does a fantastic job. ??
Merry Christmas! ?
100%

Merry Christmas Patriot. Sorry, I did not mean to release the engineer beast on you. Enjoy your Tremor. I just love mine.

Merry Christmas Patriot. Sorry, I did not mean to release the engineer beast on you. Enjoy your Tremor. I just love mine.
leogeo,
Merry Christmas to you and your family. And a toast to a Happy Healthy New Year! And no apologies Brother! ????? We all never stop learning. ????

leogeo,
Merry Christmas to you and your family. And a toast to a Happy Healthy New Year! And no apologies Brother! ????? We all never stop learning. ????
Merry Christmas ? ? ? ❄️ ❄️ ❄️ ☃️ ??

Nitto tires came in Yesterday but the wheels are on a truck till Monday :(
So I can't mount em up till next week. the up side is I got black lug nuts coming

be good brothers and stay safe!!!!!

Merry Christmas ? ? ? ❄️ ❄️ ❄️ ☃️ ??

Nitto tires came in Yesterday but the wheels are on a truck till Monday :(
So I can't mount em up till next week. the up side is I got black lug nuts coming

be good brothers and stay safe!!!!!
Very cool! You have to be fired up!! Well worth the wait! They are going to look great! I think you will really like the +1 offset! And Merry Christmas! ?

cadcam, Thanks for the kind comments, Merry Christmas to you and your family as well! ?????? And a Very Healthy Happy New Year!
Hoping Santa leaves your rims and tires under my tree ?dam great looking rig !!!
YES Healthy for us all

I am getting "hungry" for my new wheels to show up tomorrow
Not sure what day I will mount them.......Probably Wed.

Tires came in right on time the wheels were delayed with all the Holiday delays.

I am getting "hungry" for my new wheels to show up tomorrow
Not sure what day I will mount them.......Probably Wed.

Tires came in right on time the wheels were delayed with all the Holiday delays.
I think your going to be really happy with the look and +1 offset of the Beasts, and the quiet handling of the Nitto RG’s. ???? Looking forward to pics Dan! ????

I think your going to be really happy with the look and +1 offset of the Beasts, and the quiet handling of the Nitto RG’s. ???? Looking forward to pics Dan! ????
Hopefully will pick up Wed. My guy needs time to assemble them ( mount balance). He has tire pressure sensors that "clone" the stock ones. So I can swap out the wheels/tires from factory to these anytime with no reprograming needed. Just like the old days. He is a one man shop, mainly alignments and suspension work. so I am sure his "eye" will mount the logos to line up. Which is something I never thought of until he did my 37s on the Raptor, then saw your post about it.

No kidding I live about 2 miles off of Hwy. 290 Before you get to TR

View attachment 12053

View attachment 12054

How do the center caps come off those? If u had to get to your hubs? They pull off or Alan key?

Back