Tremor Fiend
Founding Member
Reaction Points
Military
U.S. ARMY 96-99
Current Ride
2020 F250 7.3 LARIAT TREMOR
Current Ride #2
Too many toyz that are ever changing to list :)
So after a couple of months reading through many forums I was under the impression that the only option for the Tremor 7.3 was a 4.30 gear.

So here is the catch, only the F250 with the 7.3 has the choice between 3.55 and 4.30. The F350 7.3 only comes with the 4.30 gear. According to the tow specs you only lose 700 pounds towing but payload stays the same.

Last edited:
Let us know when you actually get it. My initial first order was the 7.3 tremor with the 3.55 locker. My dealer ended up calling after a couple days saying it was a no-go... only gonna happen with the 4.30. They said Ford kicked it back? Maybe they have since started offering it? I am not sure?

I concur. Was told the tremor gas 7.3 only comes in 4:30.
Was confirmed by many others on this forum and other Ford forums.

Well, the dealer put the order in, hopefully it doesn't get kicked back. If you go to Ford's website you can build the F250 7.3 and select the 3.55 so I hope the website is not wrong.

Well, the dealer put the order in, hopefully it doesn't get kicked back. If you go to Ford's website you can build the F250 7.3 and select the 3.55 so I hope the website is not wrong.

That's also why I thought it was available too, I sent them the build sheet that I made off of Fords website to place the order. Hopefully I am wrong but if not, from what I hear you will probably be happier with the 4.30 since the tremor already has 35's... I am not a gear guru by any means but having the 35's already lowers that 4.30 ratio down.

That's also why I thought it was available too, I sent them the build sheet that I made off of Fords website to place the order. Hopefully I am wrong but if not, from what I hear you will probably be happier with the 4.30 since the tremor already has 35's... I am not a gear guru by any means but having the 35's already lowers that 4.30 ratio down.
I had my salesman build several types to see what the best value was for me....... long story short..... there are some things the dealership can or cannot add on their ordering system that we can or cannot add on Fords customer web site.
I would rather have the taller gears but if you can not get them you will be fine with 4.30s

Well crap!! You guys were right! Dealer called today and told me Ford rejected the 3.55 and said 4.30 gears were the only option. Oh well 4.30's it is. Can't wait!

You will like the 4.30’s. Have not yet heard a single person that says they regretted them. Most say they wish they had gotten them.

The past 2 weeks Ford's configuration website ONLY offers the 3.55 gears with the F250 Tremor package.

The past 2 weeks Ford's configuration website ONLY offers the 3.55 gears with the F250 Tremor package.

Its been like that for a while now. Not sure why it doesn't correct it when you choose the Tremor but it doesn't. When putting the order it at the dealer is when people are finding out it come with the 7.3/4.30 or 6.7/3.55

The that program has always put the 3.55's in there.
The 4.30 has been a no cost option on that configuration program since it opened....at least for me.
But yeah, in reality, the Tremor pkg is automatic/mandatory 4.30 for the gasser.
Don't forget, the build your own program is pretty much marketing fluff, nothing more. At best it helps you find similar trucks in your area.

Been looking in the area since beginning of Jan and Fords online 100 mile search of my area has yet to show a Tremor sadly. Know they are new but was hoping a dealer somewhere near me would get one in. Still looking and hoping though.

Been looking in the area since beginning of Jan and Fords online 100 mile search of my area has yet to show a Tremor sadly. Know they are new but was hoping a dealer somewhere near me would get one in. Still looking and hoping though.

Put in zip codes that are right outside the 100 miles and expand your search. Also try autotrader and cars.com

So after a couple of months reading through many forums I was under the impression that the only option for the Tremor 7.3 was a 4.30 gear. I can confirm that you can get a 3.55 in the Tremor because I just ordered one.

So here is the catch, only the F250 with the 7.3 has the choice between 3.55 and 4.30. The F350 7.3 only comes with the 4.30 gear. According to the tow specs I only lose 700 pounds towing but my payload stays the same. I want the payload more than the 700 pounds of towing lost, not to mention the better MPG.
just curious if you have heard anything on this? im fixing to order and I also want the 3.55

just curious if you have heard anything on this? im fixing to order and I also want the 3.55

Welcome to the forum @jml70 -

Once you add the Tremor package, it will automatically change the gears to 4.3s. No other way to build the Tremor with the 7.3.

Back