37s, 2.5 Ready Lift, Stock Wheels

In moving to a 12.5 inch tire and maintaining the factory wheel with a +40 offset, will we have problems with rubbing or clearance, if so, where would be the areas of concern? Thank you.
Don’t know for sure. But from what I’ve pieced together is a little on the radius arms at full turn and maybe some on the driver side fender at full turn. At least that is what I recall from folks that mounted 37s.

How do you like the Geolander X-ATs? I have the Geolander MTs on my Raptor - great tires, but have gotten very loud after 35k mi.

I’m going to give the Baja Boss ATs a shot, but don’t know if I should go with the 295/70R18 or 305/70R18. The 305s are only slightly wider but has a 3750lb rating vs the 4080 in the 295s...

I’m going to give the Baja Boss ATs a shot, but don’t know if I should go with the 295/70R18 or 305/70R18. The 305s are only slightly wider but has a 3750lb rating vs the 4080 in the 295s...
I’ll be curious what you think of them. I don’t know why they consider the 305s to be 12.5.

The way MT displays it is wonky. The number on top is the size they used to measure. The bottom two numbers are the acceptable range. Like this:

8.0-10.0
The way MT displays it is wonky. The number on top is the size they used to measure. The bottom two numbers are the acceptable range. Like this:

8.0-10.0
Oh that’s great news!
I see that now
Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I know there has been a lot of talk about 37s, lifts, rubbing etc., so I thought I’d share my setup.

I purchased a 2021 7.3l tremor a few weeks ago. Went through dealer, who sub contracted the work out to a truck shop. Ended up buying the ready lift 2.5 leveling kit and Yokohama Geolander XATs 37x13.5x18 on my stock wheels. Went back and forth with both Ford and the truck shop, who said it would work. Two things worried me, the wheel width and rubbing. Went ahead and did it anyway, as I intended to buy new wheels soon anyways. I was ensured by both ford and the shop, I wouldnt have issues and everything is covered under warranty.

After 1,500 miles I have zero issues, other than some very minor rubbing only when turned all the way either direction. Other than that, the trucks runs great. I’m running 60 psi in the front and 55 psi in the rear. Forscan on the way so I can adjust the TPMS.

Anyone else have a similar set up or have any input on problems I may see later on? Thanks! View attachment 24295View attachment 24297
Beautiful truck! Send more pics of the set up!

In moving to a 12.5 inch tire and maintaining the factory wheel with a +40 offset, will we have problems with rubbing or clearance, if so, where would be the areas of concern? Thank you.
Rich Pune definitely has the tire list. I agree with your 12.5 width choice on a 37' tall tire......way better than 13.5 width to prevent rubbing and will perform just as good off-road in mud...better in snow...slightly less better in very loose sand. In addition, I would highly recommend a Carli Level Suspension...preferably the Backcountry 2.0 or the Pintop 2.5. The very important option from Carli will be the Radius Arms......with a 37/12.50R-18 tire on a OEM stock rim.

One problem rubbing area is on the OEM radius arms. The Carli Radius Arms solve the rubbing issue over the OEM radius arms.....have superb engineering...gusseted and designed for running tall tires with minimal lift...which is exactly what you want in a 4WD truck to keep "center of gravity" low in order to prevent "pitch and roll" while driving on uneven terrain off-road.....especially in mud and snow. Aftermarket rims can resolve rubbing issues while keeping the OEM stock radius arms.

Personally, I like the OEM rims. However, if I ever decide to buy aftermarket rims, I will be getting the Black Rhino Armory rims.....removing all of the tactical looking black bolts...have the rims painted the body color...then sprayed with Upol urethane.....the high dollar stuff...$650 a quart.....then re-install all of the black bolts. These rims would look great on any Tremor or standard Super Duty with the Black Appearance Package.

For the risk averse, here is a list of popular tires that are approved for an 8" wide wheel.

Toyo Open Country M/T 315/70R18 (13" wide) approved rim width 8".

Toyo Open Country A/T III 37X12.50R18 approved rim width 8".

Nitto Trail Grappler M/T 37x12.50R18 approved rim width 8".

Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.50R18 approved rim width 8".

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T 305/70R18 (12.5 wide) approved rim width 8".

Mickey Thompson Baja Boss M/T 305/70R18 (12.5 wide) approved rim width 8".

Yokohama Geolandar M/T 315/70R18 approved rim width 8"

Late reply, but thanks for this list. Can you explain what this number sequence means on Nitto’s website?

Ridge Grappler 37x12.50R18
Approved Rim: 8.0-(10.0)-10.5

What does the number in parentheses mean?

Latest Discussions

Back