37" tires

Discount Tire confirmed for me this weekend that a 37 will not fit in the spare location. That's a deal breaker for me. Guess I will stick with 35s.

Discount Tire confirmed for me this weekend that a 37 will not fit in the spare location. That's a deal breaker for me. Guess I will stick with 35s.

That's pretty cool!

I have 37s with a 35" spare. I was told you can drive on it 'til you get to civilization. There was something about 4wd / locking that's ok at slow speeds but not at high speeds, but I forgot. But people were saying it's more or less fine.

I can't have peace of mind running through BFE New Mexico, Wyoming and Montana knowing I could be a long way from a tire store :)

I can't have peace of mind running through BFE New Mexico, Wyoming and Montana knowing I could be a long way from a tire store :)

Here is a chat with CJC Off Road when I was placing my Carli Pintop order:

"Sadly the Trophy hitches are a ways off, and the pricing on those is going to be about 2-3k per hitch with one hitch made a month. On a new Ford, you can fit a 35" spare under the bed. Remember that since the Fords have locking hubs up front, you can simply unlock the hubs and run different sized tires for extended drives without damage to the truck. As for 38s, we don't recommend 38s on anything other than the 4.5" Ford kits. For your case though I think 37s are going to be best so you can flex fully without rubbing off road!

The biggest spare you can fit under either bed is sadly a 35.

The locking hubs basically disengage the front wheels from the driveline. That reduces front end wear, but means that the front wheels can spin at different speeds without damage to the diff or transfer case. IF you get a flat, simply put the spare on one of the front wheels, unlock both hubs and keep driving until the next town. The issue with the trophy hitch is that it has over 10 hours of weld time, so Carli can't devote line time to a small project like that when there's a month long back order on key other parts!"

I ask, "If you get a flat in an off road/ trail scenario, does that mean you’d be driving in 2WD or would you not unlock the hubs until you reached pavement"

They say, "In off road driving your wheels can slip and travel at different speeds, so you're fine leaving the hubs locked and using 4wd. It's more of an issue on pavement."

Here is a chat with CJC Off Road when I was placing my Carli Pintop order:

"Sadly the Trophy hitches are a ways off, and the pricing on those is going to be about 2-3k per hitch with one hitch made a month. On a new Ford, you can fit a 35" spare under the bed. Remember that since the Fords have locking hubs up front, you can simply unlock the hubs and run different sized tires for extended drives without damage to the truck. As for 38s, we don't recommend 38s on anything other than the 4.5" Ford kits. For your case though I think 37s are going to be best so you can flex fully without rubbing off road!

The biggest spare you can fit under either bed is sadly a 35.

The locking hubs basically disengage the front wheels from the driveline. That reduces front end wear, but means that the front wheels can spin at different speeds without damage to the diff or transfer case. IF you get a flat, simply put the spare on one of the front wheels, unlock both hubs and keep driving until the next town. The issue with the trophy hitch is that it has over 10 hours of weld time, so Carli can't devote line time to a small project like that when there's a month long back order on key other parts!"

I ask, "If you get a flat in an off road/ trail scenario, does that mean you’d be driving in 2WD or would you not unlock the hubs until you reached pavement"

They say, "In off road driving your wheels can slip and travel at different speeds, so you're fine leaving the hubs locked and using 4wd. It's more of an issue on pavement."

Good info (y) ?

Thanks. newbie here so I’ll have to have a better look around. Did you end up with the 37x12.5R18 with the +18 offset? They look good with the 2.5 lift.
No worries, I love posting pics and talking about trucks. ?Yes the specs are in the signature at the bottom. For me this is the perfect setup. They dont stick out( not a brodozer), a lot of rubber side wall (18” wheels) better cush, better bite off road. No trimming, the slightest of rub on the left radius arm at full lock. LMK if u want any other pics, or have more questions.

oh, and welcome to the forum!

Do you think 37" tires will fit with the stock Tremor suspension? Anyone planning on swapping out the factory 35s with 37s?
I just recently got a wicked kit put on my 21’ tremor. Fits 37x12.50x18 with no rubs and no issues. Wicked off road makes a kit designed for just the tremors.
AF85FA80-335B-4EF7-BB90-58371B59C15B.jpeg
D8BE3250-42C1-4C5B-8D8A-6DD28A50DD05.jpeg
855AF5CC-D243-47BC-BAB0-D796017D9C8D.jpeg
A3C122D9-7F84-4164-B90B-5A08DE4F502E.jpeg
AE763B2E-6667-4ED7-9E4F-3798A39DE379.jpeg

I have 37s with a 35" spare. I was told you can drive on it 'til you get to civilization. There was something about 4wd / locking that's ok at slow speeds but not at high speeds, but I forgot. But people were saying it's more or less fine.
That is correct.

Looks great. How much was that kit, and how much lift does it provide.? It looks like more than just the usual spacer.
It’s a premium kit about 2k that’s with steering stabilizer and powdered coated. It’s a 2” level kit. Yes more than just spacer like low end kits. It rides smoother and tighter than stock in my opinion.

Back