37" tires

I am thinking a 37/11.5 R18 may fit with little to no trimming. If using the stock wheel, would a wheel spacer (1"-2") assist in fitment or do you think it would require trimming some where else? Really curious if anyone has tried.
Thanks

It hard to believe that when articulating, those beefy tires do not rub badly. Driving down the highway is one thing, driving off road is another. Can you confirm in more detail how it rubs?

I didn’t end up getting a Tremor but on my non Tremor 2020 the up travel (at least up front) is almost non existent. If you look at the distance up till you hit the bump. It ain’t much. Obviously the Tremor is lifted slighted but I doubt there’s much more up travel than non Tremors. So getting up into the fenders off road and rubbing probably isn’t as big of an issue as some might think.

I live in Idaho in the snow. I like the Duratracs and plan to keep them, but want to size up.

I was looking at the following larger Duratracs that are on offer. I'd pair them with Method 315's or 305's (ideally 18").

1583358983754.png

What are your thoughts on fit, rubbing, etc? Anyone seen this on a Tremor yet?

Attachments

• 1583358853361.png
    1583358853361.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 177
No, Ford said it gave the tremor a 2" lift in the front. I'll throw them on turn the wheel side to side and see what the fitment looks like,

The 2" "lift" is really 1/2" extra suspension and 1.5" in the tires over the base model. It isn't a 2" lift. 37's will rub without trimming. I tried them on my stock wheels before going with my current combo.

The 2" "lift" is really 1/2" extra suspension and 1.5" in the tires over the base model. It isn't a 2" lift. 37's will rub without trimming. I tried them on my stock wheels before going with my current combo.
I read that too on some blog. I have hard time believing it. Plus I think the blogger is mistaken. The math doesn’t add up. My Tremor was parked next to another Lariat and was noticeably taller. The difference in tire size is only .5 of an inch. The Tremor comes with 285/75 18. The Lariat Sport comes with 275/65 20. Plus, the article states non Tremor models only come with 32 inch tires, which isn’t correct.

I read that too on some blog. I have hard time believing it. Plus I think the blogger is mistaken. The math doesn’t add up. My Tremor was parked next to another Lariat and was noticeably taller. The difference in tire size is only .5 of an inch. The Tremor comes with 285/75 18. The Lariat Sport comes with 275/65 20. Plus, the article states non Tremor models only come with 32 inch tires, which isn’t correct.

Interesting on the 20" rims. Depending on the brand, I see the 275/65-20 runs between 34.1 and 34.5" tall. Thats considered a 35 by everyone in the industry when you look at actual measurements for 35X12.5x (whatever rim) tires. They're all 34.5-ish tall.
The Tremor tire at 35.1" is an exception, push it any further and it would be considered a 36" . LOL

Which 37's did you try on the stock wheels?
TY

It hard to believe that when articulating, those beefy tires do not rub badly. Driving down the highway is one thing, driving off road is another. Can you confirm in more detail how it rubs?

I'd wager most Tremors, just like most Raptors, will never see off road. Probably not even a gravel road.

Here's a youtube video with someone running 37x12.50x18 tires on stock wheels.

I was told the factory 8 inch wide rim wasn't suited for 12.50" tires.

I have done a deep dive on this topic. You can run 12.5 on 8" rim without any ill affects.
Agreed. I’ve had 12.5 wide tires of different brands on 18x9 wheels on prior trucks. No issues. Never lost a bead even when airing down to below 30 psi

Agreed. I’ve had 12.5 wide tires of different brands on 18x9 wheels on prior trucks. No issues. Never lost a bead even when airing down to below 30 psi

The discussion was 18x8, not 18x9. Both Tire Rack and Discount Tire refuse to mount 12.5 tires on 18x8 rims.

Back