37" tires

What are you guys doing for your Speedo's when going to a bigger tire?

I have a F350XLT 6.7L tremor on order. And I already decided on the Carli 3.5” pintop for 37s. But then I thought about warranty. Anybody know if adding all this will void the powertrain warranty? And those that have put on 37s on the 6.7L. Other then looks. Have you seen any benefits off road? Is there any loss in power? My truck will have a 2000lb slide in camper in it full time. So lots of highway miles and two track roads in its future. Any tire and wheel size advice is welcomed.

I have a bit of experience with your warranty question. So, Ford can’t void the whole powertrain warranty just because you modified a portion of the drive line. However, you will run into two issues.

First, if a problem occurs to the suspension, steering, or powertrain within the warranty period, the dealer will likely ask Ford for permission prior to making the repair so it will take longer for the repair to happen. This is a CYA because the dealer wants to get reimbursed for doing the work.

Second, if the problem could potentially be attributable to your lift or larger tires (say something happens to the steering gear or track bar) that would likely be denied. The also applies if they believe workmanship related to the installation of those components compromised the vehicle as well.

In my opinion, the biggest risk is if you have to make changes to the PCM as part of your modifications (I don’t think you can do 37s directly so it might not matter). The PCM can be a very finicky thing, especially on a diesel. Don’t let my message dissuade you though. These trucks don’t have nearly as many problems as you would think based on reading forums. ?

Also; I can’t comment on the seat of pants feel of running 37s but that change in diameter is roughly equivalent to regearing from 3.55 to 3.36 (minus a bit for the higher rotational inertia). Since Ford offers a 3.31 from the factory (albeit on smaller diameter tires), it should be something a customer would find reasonable. Any difference in feel would be greatly overshadowed by the weight and wind resistance of your camper.

I have a F350XLT 6.7L tremor on order. And I already decided on the Carli 3.5” pintop for 37s. But then I thought about warranty. Anybody know if adding all this will void the powertrain warranty? And those that have put on 37s on the 6.7L. Other then looks. Have you seen any benefits off road? Is there any loss in power? My truck will have a 2000lb slide in camper in it full time. So lots of highway miles and two track roads in its future. Any tire and wheel size advice is welcomed.

You should ask CJC Off Road - they told me exactly what wheels to get. (Method 17" with whatever the correct width and offspacing are for Nitto 37"x13.5" - I can look it up if you like)

Note your 3.5" lift will really be a 1.5" lift on a Tremor.

IMG_5063.jpeg

It it fucking amazing off road. I am not an off road expert by any means, but I took it to an off road park last weekend to break it in, and it is more capable and can do more stuff than anything I've ever done before, plus it's like the camper isn't even there ... everything just kind of floats on a marshmallow-y cloud.

MPGs will drop and you'll notice a little more lag when you hit the gas than you're used to. But it still has plenty of power. I imagine you'll get used to the new way it drives, or look into spending several $k more to regear.

You can also look into lighter campers. Mine weighs half as much as yours.

I have a bit of experience with your warranty question. So, Ford can’t void the whole powertrain warranty just because you modified a portion of the drive line. However, you will run into two issues.

First, if a problem occurs to the suspension, steering, or powertrain within the warranty period, the dealer will likely ask Ford for permission prior to making the repair so it will take longer for the repair to happen. This is a CYA because the dealer wants to get reimbursed for doing the work.

Second, if the problem could potentially be attributable to your lift or larger tires (say something happens to the steering gear or track bar) that would likely be denied. The also applies if they believe workmanship related to the installation of those components compromised the vehicle as well.

In my opinion, the biggest risk is if you have to make changes to the PCM as part of your modifications (I don’t think you can do 37s directly so it might not matter). The PCM can be a very finicky thing, especially on a diesel. Don’t let my message dissuade you though. These trucks don’t have nearly as many problems as you would think based on reading forums. ?
That helps..thanks for the insight

You should ask CJC Off Road - they told me exactly what wheels to get. (Method 17" with whatever the correct width and offspacing are for Nitto 37"x13.5" - I can look it up if you like)

Note your 3.5" lift will really be a 1.5" lift on a Tremor.

View attachment 5791

It it fucking amazing off road. I am not an off road expert by any means, but I took it to an off road park last weekend to break it in, and it is more capable and can do more stuff than anything I've ever done before, plus it's like the camper isn't even there ... everything just kind of floats on a marshmallow-y cloud.

MPGs will drop and you'll notice a little more lag when you hit the gas than you're used to. But it still has plenty of power. I imagine you'll get used to the new way it drives, or look into spending several $k more to regear.

You can also look into lighter campers. Mine weighs half as much as yours.

awesome setup..that is where I’d like to be with my truck in the coming months. Do you mind sharing what leaf package you went with?

awesome setup..that is where I’d like to be with my truck in the coming months. Do you mind sharing what leaf package you went with?

This is the Carli Pintop "1.5 inch" lift with the Carli Full HD Springs. My load is ~1k lbs and I think those Carli springs are for 1000-1500. If you talk to CJC (I have been facebook messaging them), they can probably direct you to the recommended stuff for your needs. Or just call Carli.

I've been thinking about re-gearing the rear to 4.30's with the 6.7. Incase I do try 37's.
You can change gearing in the rear only, if you never put it in four wheel drive, however, if you or anyone else puts it in four wheel drive, you will more than likely break any number of driveline components. Its just not a good idea.

I just traded my 18' and had a 2.5" level with 22x10 Fuel Assault and 37 Nitto RG. A little wheel well trim and some slight rub on a full turn bump, but overall I loved how they looked! Just drove home tonight in the new Tremor and wondering if the stock level is enough to swap the old rims and tires with a bit of trim? The guy who bought my old truck is fine swapping if I want.
Nice rig, looks like we have the same

Well said. I agree. My SWAG is Ford will likely deny with a hard stop a warranty claim if any of the above issues occurred. It appears they will have ALL the leverage.
I don’t see any need in a larger tire or the headache of dealing with Ford over a claim over a 2” larger diameter size tire. Just me.

Well said. I agree. My SWAG is Ford will likely deny with a hard stop a warranty claim if any of the above issues occurred. It appears they will have ALL the leverage.
I don’t see any need in a larger tire or the headache of dealing with Ford over a claim over a 2” larger diameter size tire. Just me.

Agreed, I want the 37 look, extra side wall and ground clearance, but until I have over 50k miles in this truck it’s staying mostly stock for now. Plus in stock form. There isn’t to many obstacles this truck can’t handle. Unless you are trying some serious crawling. And even then the wheel base is to damn long.

I just traded my 18' and had a 2.5" level with 22x10 Fuel Assault and 37 Nitto RG. A little wheel well trim and some slight rub on a full turn bump, but overall I loved how they looked! Just drove home tonight in the new Tremor and wondering if the stock level is enough to swap the old rims and tires with a bit of trim? The guy who bought my old truck is fine swapping if I want.
What bike rack are you running in the bed?

It hard to believe that when articulating, those beefy tires do not rub badly. Driving down the highway is one thing, driving off road is another. Can you confirm in more detail how it rubs?
100% Agreed, when talking about the difference between street driving and off road articulation is night and day. For example...
846710A0-2EAE-4E28-B64F-A3CC293693E1.jpeg
3E862182-0E06-4175-995C-A9B973763694.jpeg

So heres a quick pic of the 1.5" springs in the front and 2.5" block in the rear. I have about 1-1/8 rake front to back. I really like it now, the front has a little lift to it and only lowered the rear about 7/8".

View attachment 1488
Where are u finding the black center caps for your wheels? Or did you paint them?

Do you think 37" tires will fit with the stock Tremor suspension? Anyone planning on swapping out the factory 35s with 37s?
I can’t find anyone that’s tried this tire or comparable size. On stock truck hight at minimum I’m sure trimming would be nessasary possible small lift?
keeping stock Tremor wheels but trying the Nitto Ridge Grapplers in
37x11.50R18LT D
Tech Specs
Tread Depth: 18.3
Inflated Dimensions - Overall Dia (in): 36.77
Inflated Dimensions - Overall Width (in): 11.42
Approved Rim: 7.5-(9.0)-10.0
Maximum Load (lbs.) @ Press. (PSI): 3860 @ 65

No need, it’s a beast. I notice little to no loss of speed or power. Speedo is off 3 mph at 75 mph. 37x12.5x18s on fuel NV305HDs. I did Carlis’ 2.5” level. No trim, no rub.
Hey mate,
My tremor is due in Aus in April and I’m fitting a bds 2.5 lift with the exact wheels you have. I need to get the wheels in the container with e truck and i was going the -12 offset with pocket flares. That’s awesome the the +18 doesn’t rub.Are you able to show me some photos of your +18 wheels?

Hey mate,
My tremor is due in Aus in April and I’m fitting a bds 2.5 lift with the exact wheels you have. I need to get the wheels in the container with e truck and i was going the -12 offset with pocket flares. That’s awesome the the +18 doesn’t rub.Are you able to show me some photos of your +18 wheels?
Me, show off my truck......?
search my name, I got more posted on this forum.
C98B2007-2312-4943-914C-C031FFA4D09E.jpeg857CD1E6-30A2-4955-89D9-1E1D3A6ACFB0.jpegBD885419-040C-45C2-8B63-E06A63A6427B.jpegD128A3B5-E9CF-4EF7-B47E-1C01817F2728.jpegE8D0D754-34F4-4163-86DD-B426AD2E2252.jpeg78378BF6-AB7E-4D0D-A968-8A1077F83F69.jpeg

Back