360 Camera View Questions

IowaBoy

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Will the 360 camera view work when driving at any speed? only low speed? The ford video is CG, so I'm not convinced it is realistic. I'm planning on having a slide-in camper 50% or more of the time. Has anyone successfully swapped in a different camper-mounted camera to replace the now missing tailgate camera? Note that the tailgate has to come off for the camper setup to work.

abill

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Tremor
I tried my camera the other day while driving. Message said nope. Some features are not available while vehicle is moving.

I did read over on ford-trucks that there is some sort of kit you can buy that will override that warning though? Might be worth you looking into if its really important to you.

OP
IowaBoy

IowaBoy

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
I tried my camera the other day while driving. Message said nope. Some features are not available while vehicle is moving.

I did read over on ford-trucks that there is some sort of kit you can buy that will override that warning though? Might be worth you looking into if its really important to you.
Thanks for the quick answer. And thanks to the admin for starting a thread!.

Whyte Rhyno

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F250 Lariat 6.7 Powerstroke
Current Ride #2
1974 F250 Highboy
It works at slow speeds and in 4lo. Tried mine out today. In 2hi it shuts off above 5mph

2020TremorFreud

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Miltary
Airforce
Current Ride
2011 Ford F-250 6.7 Fx4 package. Ordered 2020 F-250 platinum with Tremor package
Yeah I think there’s some TV module or something you can get and it will override that. Maybe someone on here knows and can fill us in because I would definitely be interested.

PapaRaptor

Founding Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
Blue Truck
Current Ride #2
Bigger Blue Truck
There are various hacks you try to override the system. You can override the factory safety settings as well as play movies on your screen

Uncas

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 Ford F350 Lariat Sport Tremor 7.3L SCREW
FORScan is the program you’re looking for. It’s a big thing in the Raptor community for changing many configurations. I never did it but I am sure some of you are more computer literate than me.

Ford Tremor Supporting Member Badge