35's or 37's?

FORDFIRSTIMER

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Current Ride
20 F250 Tremor
Current Ride #2
18 Camaro SS 1LE
Just got my Tremor today and i'm gonna order wheels and tires on Monday, mostly because of the +40 offset on the stockers. I was thinking 35" Ridge Grapplers and 18" -12 offset Methods. Now i'm starting to think I may just want to go with a Carli level and 37's. Any disadvantages to going that route? Does it effect the factory warranty? The bigger tires just as good for towing?

Really it should not effect your warranty, unless your dealer tries to blame bigger tires for drivetrain failure, which would be a hard sell.

I upgraded the 35s ( on my Raptor ) to 37s on custom Rotoform Wheels and 37 x 12.50 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The 37s make the truck drive heavy and it lost some handling. It looks Tough and goes off road. I don't like it on the road as much. The 37s were 43 lbs heaver per tire than the factory 35s. For that reason I doubt I would go with 37 on my Tremor.

I plan to go with the real 35" x 12.50 size on some custom offset wheels, the stock tires and wheels are pizza cutters.

In the Jeep Wrangler world they say 37s over 35 are a deal breaker for a daily driver. I know Jeeps are light weight compared to a 1 ton truck. I personally don't want to give up street driving/handling for a slight off road gain. I would bet the same 35 x 12.50s will go pretty much anywhere the 37 x 12.50 will go.

We plan to burn the Nittos off the Raptor and replace them with 35 x 12 50s unless somebody wants them Probably have 1000 miles on them but they are 17" tires.

If you are going to tow with a 5th wheel the big tires and lift kit, it will raise the front of the RV so high it will be tough to make it level. Even get it set up. I don't think you will have problems with towing lighter boats and trailers but if you go heaver may be a problem.

Just got my Tremor today and i'm gonna order wheels and tires on Monday, mostly because of the +40 offset on the stockers. I was thinking 35" Ridge Grapplers and 18" -12 offset Methods. Now i'm starting to think I may just want to go with a Carli level and 37's. Any disadvantages to going that route? Does it effect the factory warranty? The bigger tires just as good for towing?

l‘be been thinking about this & researching this a lot. My conclusion has been a compromise. I found that a LT 315/70/18 is the perfect medium. In a Toyo MT it’s listed as a 36”x13” tire on their website, but with an inflated height of 35.7”. Yokohama also makes a tire in the same size the M/T G003 and it listed as a 35.6” x 12.4” tire. So this is right in the middle between the 2 most popular sizes of 35x12.5 and the 37.13.5. The LT315 also has a load rating of 3860 lbs. at 65 psi, which comes out to 15.4k and I think the most GVWR even on an F350 is probably around 13k. I only have an F250 at 10k GVWR so I could be mistaken. But either way I think this is the perfect size tire to go with, and not worry about rubbing or trimming. But, all of this is just my opinion and this is what I’m planning on going with.

37s on my Raptor, They look awesome. You can feel the added weight and size. This truck can still break them loose in a big way just with a heavy foot on the pedal.
61289893313__1A2671BE-BA0A-4CEA-AF0C-FE651ECE65DE.jpeg

Go big or go home! ? I love um, no real difference in pull and 2 miles an hour on the speedo going 65.... the 6.7 is a beast....
A03D5DF1-1810-4CFD-9A2E-C82EFE60DF6F.jpeg

37s on my Raptor, They look awesome. You can feel the added weight and size. This truck can still break them loose in a big way just with a heavy foot on the pedal.
View attachment 6224
I did quite a bit of research before putting 37x12.5s on my 17 Raptor and if I remember correctly they were only 14lbs per tire heavier than the 35x12.5s Nitto ridge grapplers that I was taking off so I felt that it was a worthwhile trade off and I was very pleased with the overall look afterwards. I'm definitely putting 37s on my Tremor when I get it in November because the truck Tremor is so much bigger than the Raptor and I feel that 37s are the perfect sized tire for it. Just my 2 cents.

37s.jpeg

With leveling it. Would that make you nose high when towing a bumper pull camper?

I did quite a bit of research before putting 37x12.5s on my 17 Raptor and if I remember correctly they were only 14lbs per tire heavier than the 35x12.5s Nitto ridge grapplers that I was taking off so I felt that it was a worthwhile trade off and I was very pleased with the overall look afterwards. I'm definitely putting 37s on my Tremor when I get it in November because the truck Tremor is so much bigger than the Raptor and I feel that 37s are the perfect sized tire for it. Just my 2 cents.

View attachment 6241
for sure the Tremor is already a heaver truck, I found the weight difference greater but compared the stock wheels and tires to aftermarket wheels and tires.
The Rotoform " Raptor" wheels are wider and very beefy so there's a weight gain there. I also think Nitto tires are heaver than BFGs. I also have the Gen 1 Raptor and it has less suspension than a Gen2 so maybe the newer ones like 37s better.

One of the main reasons I ordered the Tremor package was for the 35s, so you best believe I'm going to wear those down before upgrading. 30k miles later I'll add a leveling kit only to fit 37s (I think putting a leveling kit without adding airbags completely defeats the purpose of a Superduty. I bought it to haul stuff in the back, so it's supposed to have rake. If I level it unloaded, I'm basically admitting to myself it's hardly ever going to have weight back there. )

Back