35” Ridge Grapplers on Vision Manx 2 wheels

JRock17

Tremor Buff
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2019 F250 CC 6.7
So I installed 35 12.5 18 Ridge grapplers today on 18x9 +12 Vision Manx 2 wheels (will post better pics when I get my proper black lugs and its daylight) and although they look awesome, and the ridge grapps have a ton of positive feedback on the forum, they definitely ride noticeably harder than the stock duratracs. Is it the F load (I couldn't find them in a E rating)? I am running them at 60 psi just like the goodyears but they make it feel like an unloaded truck at 80psi all around. I also feel like there is a bit of feedback through the steering wheel and pedals that wasnt there before, not really bad like they are not balanced properly, just a slight odd feeling that wasnt there before. Its been a while since I ran 12.5 tires, could I be just feeling all that meat on the road? Sorry for the rant, after all the posts I read on these, I was just expecting super smoothness with this set up.....any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    409.1 KB · Views: 2,275
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 279
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
I think we all work on Air Pressure. 50 psi front, 45 psi rear, when hot is where I'm at for now. So much better .. these 12 ply Tires are stiff. You'll need Forscan to adjust the TPMS.

So I installed 35 12.5 18 Ridge grapplers today on 18x9 +12 Vision Manx 2 wheels (will post better pics when I get my proper black lugs and its daylight) and although they look awesome, and the ridge grapps have a ton of positive feedback on the forum, they definitely ride noticeably harder than the stock duratracs. Is it the F load (I couldn't find them in a E rating)? I am running them at 60 psi just like the goodyears but they make it feel like an unloaded truck at 80psi all around. I also feel like there is a bit of feedback through the steering wheel and pedals that wasnt there before, not really bad like they are not balanced properly, just a slight odd feeling that wasnt there before. Its been a while since I ran 12.5 tires, could I be just feeling all that meat on the road? Sorry for the rant, after all the posts I read on these, I was just expecting super smoothness with this set up.....any thoughts?

Wow, those wheels look great! They are actually one of the wheels I've been considering. (Manx2, Black Rhino Arsenal, Method 317s, Fuel Coverts) - Please post some more photos when you get a chance.

I can't speak for the tires so hopefully someone running a similar setup can chime in.

Wow, those wheels look great! They are actually one of the wheels I've been considering. (Manx2, Black Rhino Arsenal, Method 317s, Fuel Coverts) - Please post some more photos when you get a chance.

I can't speak for the tires so hopefully someone running a similar setup can chime in.
Thanks a ton! As probably everybody else here, I looked at hundreds of wheels. I am extremely happy with the look, and the +12 stance looks perfect to me, just enough poke to make a mean truck look meaner....lol I will post some more pics when I get the black lugs on so you can see the final product????

And thanks Stufarmer and JimmyG for re-affirming the ride was stiffer on these Ridge Grapps thank stock, I thought I was going mad!

They are much wider tires so the surface area is larger then the stock Duratacs. With the same tire pressures they Wil feel stiffer. My Nitto RGs run smooth, track better, and don’t suddenly shift while cornering like the stocks. Very happy with the switch!!! ?
P.S. try 60psi max all around!!!

Last edited:
I think we all work on Air Pressure. 50 psi front, 45 psi rear, when hot is where I'm at for now. So much better .. these 12 ply Tires are stiff. You'll need Forscan to adjust the TPMS.
I just dropped to your suggestion of 50 in the front, 45 in the rear. WOW! I knew less pressure would make a difference, but the truck rides unbelievably smoother, no road feedback, and takes the bumps like a champ. Thank you very much for the suggestion! Interesting that I have to drop these tires so low to get similar (really better) comfort to the stock ride, but I’ll take it! I thought I could get away with not having the stupid tire light on, but until I can figure out how to access Forscan I’ll just deal with the light. Thanks again????

I just dropped to your suggestion of 50 in the front, 45 in the rear. WOW! I knew less pressure would make a difference, but the truck rides unbelievably smoother, no road feedback, and takes the bumps like a champ. Thank you very much for the suggestion! Interesting that I have to drop these tires so low to get similar (really better) comfort to the stock ride, but I’ll take it! I thought I could get away with not having the stupid tire light on, but until I can figure out how to access Forscan I’ll just deal with the light. Thanks again????
I've got 35X12.5X20 on my F250, I've been running the Ridge Grapples since they came out on a few different vehicles and I always like them.
I run 50 PSI all around as 60/65 was sending me all over the road. The light was aggravating at first but now i don't even notice it, I'll probably just deal with it unless i can run across a way to adjust the TPMS system.

Back