325/65/18 on stock Tremor wheels

I will be switching over to the Falken Wildpeak A/T3W. You can fit the 37 x 12.50 on the stock 18" Tremor wheel without any rubbing. Fits and clears nicely.
Stock, no lift or level?

Stock, no lift or level?
Bone stock Tremor. There are a few guys running 37 x 13.50's on a stock set up and stock wheels with little rubbing when the wheel is turned in either direction at about 31-32 degrees. So if you go with the 37 x 12.50 you should not have any rubbing whatsoever. The rubbing I mentioned with the 13.5" wide tires are rubbing on the inside, not the fender. You will have full clearance with the 13.50's on the fender. Not much clearance, about an inch or so but nonetheless, it will fit.

Here is a video for reference.

Can tell you that any big shop like Discount Tire, 4WD Parts, NTB or a Goodyear store will not mount them. Too much liability and it has been a no no for a few years now. Even the smaller shops will not do it around here. If the manufacturer lists the min mounting width of 9 inches to 11 inches that is it period.

I think there a great year around tire, I live where it snows a lot, I actually put Duratrak’s on in place of the BFG ko2’s the Raptor came with as I think there a better tire, now i have just noticed my low tire pressure light comes on as the rear sensors are set at 80lbs at the factory but my new 325/65/18 have a max inflation of 65 so there you have it.
For Western Washington mixed use (we all weather conditions unconditionally) the Duratracs are decent compromise for using in mud, snow, sand, and asphalt, sometimes in the same day.
I agree with both of the above statements. People outside of the Rocky Mountain and Pacific Northwest states quite often are not able to grasp the "mud and snow all in the same day driving conditions". Are there better mud tires available? Yes. Are there better snow tires available? Yes. However, the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires are one of the few available in the market with good / great tread lugs (for bite and traction in mud) with sipes (for grip and traction on snow packed paved roads) and good / great tread void for mud clean out.

Tires are an interesting variable regarding traction on 4WD vehicles. Comments on tires quite often appear to be subjective (aesthetics / appearance) but should be more objective (function / use). Mud Use: great tread lugs and great tread void is or should be the primary consideration, width being mostly a neutral factor. Snow Use: Sipes are paramount, narrow width is preferred. Sand Use: Flotation is important along with a wide profile. All too often (actually countless times) I have seen 4WD vehicles sporting wide tires stuck in the snow in several Rocky Mountain states. I have also seen 4WD vehicles with standard tire widths stuck in loose sand at the Great Sand Dunes National Park.

Some other mud / snow brands include Interco TrXus; Falken Wildpeak M/T; Toyo Open Country M/T; Nitto Trail Grappler; Nitto Ridge Grappler. The Interco TrXus is probably the best tire on the market for mud and snow, but not available in my desired sizes for the Jeep or the Ford SD Tremor. Toyo's are popular, but typically run too wide for my preference and use. The Nitto Trail Grappler is great for most mud conditions, but lacks good siping on the tread lugs for grip on snow. The Nitto Ridge Grappler lacks good tread void for mud clean out, but for many people ii is an excellent overall tire, especially if the 4WD vehicle is seldom driven in mud (rut) conditions.

The Nitto Ridge Grappler is available in 37x11.5R-18. Be good to see the Nitto Trail Grappler in a similar size and more sipes on the tread lugs.

I use tiresize.com for tire size comparison and gear ratio calculations. Note the "tire comparison" screen shows both width and height of tires for an entered tire size. However, the actual height and width can and does vary by manufacturer and or model of tire.

Last edited:
Bone stock Tremor. There are a few guys running 37 x 13.50's on a stock set up and stock wheels with little rubbing when the wheel is turned in either direction at about 31-32 degrees. So if you go with the 37 x 12.50 you should not have any rubbing whatsoever. The rubbing I mentioned with the 13.5" wide tires are rubbing on the inside, not the fender. You will have full clearance with the 13.50's on the fender. Not much clearance, about an inch or so but nonetheless, it will fit.

This king ranger 13 dude is a bit of a joke. Puts something on, does video, in half a year comes back and tells people that on btw that didnt work. Totally unreliable and goofy. Puts on a 100$ puck spacer on a 90K truck and tells people that his 2022 has a best lift out there. I would stay clear of his experiments and recommendations.

I agree with both of the above statements. People outside of the Rocky Mountain and Pacific Northwest states quite often are not able to grasp the "mud and snow all in the same day driving conditions". Are there better mud tires available? Yes. Are there better snow tires available? Yes. However, the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires are one of the few available in the market with good / great tread lugs with sipes (for snow packed paved roads) and good / great tread void for mud clean out.

Tires are an interesting variable regarding traction on 4WD vehicles. Comments on tires quite often appear to be subjective (aesthetics / appearance) but should be more objective (function / use). Mud Use: great tread lugs and great tread void is or should be the primary consideration, width being mostly a neutral factor. Snow Use: Sipes are paramount, narrow width is preferred. Sand Use: Flotation is important along with a wide profile. All too often (actually countless times) I have seen 4WD vehicles sporting wide tires stuck in the snow in several Rocky Mountain states. I have also seen 4WD vehicles with standard tire widths stuck in loose sand at the Great Sand Dunes National Park.

Some other mud / snow brands include Interco TrXus; Falken Wildpeak M/T; Toyo Open Country M/T; Nitto Trail Grappler; Nitto Ridge Grappler. The Interco TrXus is probably the best tire on the market for mud and snow, but not available in my desired sizes for the Jeep or the Ford SD Tremor. Toyo's are popular, but typically run too wide for my preference and use. The Nitto Trail Grappler is great for most mud conditions, but lacks good siping on the tread lugs for grip on snow. The Nitto Ridge Grappler lacks good tread void for mud clean out, but for many people ii is an excellent overall tire, especially if the 4WD vehicle is seldom driven in mud (rut) conditions.

The Nitto Ridge Grappler is available in 37x11.5R-18. Be good to see the Nitto Trail Grappler in a similar size and more sipes on the tread lugs.

I use tiresize.com for tire size comparison and gear ratio calculations. Note the "tire comparison" screen shows both width and height of tires for an entered tire size. However, the actual height and width can and does vary by manufacturer and or model of tire.
This is for a HD truck not a Jeep. I can tell you that in the oil field in West Texas and SE NM I have never seen a HD truck that hauls loads and trailers with the Interco TrXus. I will admit that there are mall crawler F250's out there but they are not many where I have to go. Now in the DFW area see a lot of them in general.

That guy is a Mall Crawler! If that suspension is off road and put into full articulation with the wheel turned going down a hill into a flat creek bottom for example---that truck will have a Very Bad day.

This is for a HD truck not a Jeep. I can tell you that in the oil field in West Texas and SE NM I have never seen a HD truck that hauls loads and trailers with the Interco TrXus. I will admit that there are mall crawler F250's out there but they are not many where I have to go. Now in the DFW area see a lot of them in general.
You make a valid point, and although I mostly agree with your comment, the Interco TrXus tire is primarily available in a Load Range E (10 ply)...at least for 17, 18, and 20 inch diameter. I included the Interco TrXus in my post as a tire option since this is primarily a forum for Ford SD Tremor trucks.

Some Tremor owners live in remote areas of the Rocky Mountain states; Some live in the Pacific NW; Some may live in the Show Me state or the Volunteer state where the climate (rain and snow) and terrain dictate the need for more aggressive tires. Tires that work best for people in the Lone Star state do not necessarily work best for people in the Cowboy state.

In addition, Interco tires are by far not the most common tires...definitely not for SD or HD trucks. I have worked on several ROW projects (mostly pipe lines) in Texas...and out in west Texas. West Texas - Pecos, Kermit, Red Bluff; SE New Mexico - Loving, Hobbs, Eunice, etc - been there done that...some dangerous roads out there! Mostly dry...not much mud until rain season and virtually no snow out there. Moreover, most trucks that tow are not SD Tremors or HD AT4, but standard SD and standard HD trucks, used for hot shot or otherwise and are using standard SD / HD tire sizes.

You are correct about the "mall crawler" truck owners. I sometimes get slightly amused by the number of "mall crawler" comments I see on various forums.....like these people are extremely experienced and highly skilled off-road drivers. There are no malls anywhere near where I live.

I found the "King of the Road" article listed below a few weeks ago. The article and map show some interesting information and data on pickup trucks by state, even though the Top 3 states with the highest pickup truck populations are 1 - California; 2 - Texas; and 3 - Florida.

You make a valid point, and although I mostly agree with your comment, the Interco TrXus tire is primarily available in a Load Range E (10 ply)...at least for 17, 18, and 20 inch diameter. I included the Interco TrXus in my post as a tire option since this is primarily a forum for Ford SD Tremor trucks.

Some Tremor owners live in remote areas of the Rocky Mountain states; Some live in the Pacific NW; Some may live in the Show Me state or the Volunteer state where the climate (rain and snow) and terrain dictate the need for more aggressive tires. Tires that work best for people in the Lone Star state do not necessarily work best for people in the Cowboy state.

In addition, Interco tires are by far not the most common tires...definitely not for SD or HD trucks. I have worked on several ROW projects (mostly pipe lines) in Texas...and out in west Texas. West Texas - Pecos, Kermit, Red Bluff; SE New Mexico - Loving, Hobbs, Eunice, etc - been there done that...some dangerous roads out there! Mostly dry...not much mud until rain season and virtually no snow out there. Moreover, most trucks that tow are not SD Tremors or HD AT4, but standard SD and standard HD trucks, used for hot shot or otherwise and are using standard SD / HD tire sizes.

You are correct about the "mall crawler" truck owners. I sometimes get slightly amused by the number of "mall crawler" comments I see on various forums.....like these people are extremely experienced and highly skilled off-road drivers. There are no malls anywhere near where I live.

I found the "King of the Road" article listed below a few weeks ago. The article and map show some interesting information and data on pickup trucks by state, even though the Top 3 states with the highest pickup truck populations are 1 - California; 2 - Texas; and 3 - Florida.

On the topic of mall crawlers, i snapped this photo today. The gentleman is running a full carli backcountry with what looks like 25 or 26 with just a little bit of rubber. He even has the carli radius arms. Typical New Jersey style setup. So happy to live here and see this everyday.

Attachments

• 9E1FA903-768E-42BE-A439-A55BE0C95CB3.jpeg
    9E1FA903-768E-42BE-A439-A55BE0C95CB3.jpeg
    557.7 KB · Views: 194
  • BACCFFD7-63BC-44BF-95F5-F5C239301F51.jpeg
    BACCFFD7-63BC-44BF-95F5-F5C239301F51.jpeg
    539.8 KB · Views: 193
On the topic of mall crawlers, i snapped this photo today. The gentleman is running a full carli backcountry with what looks like 25 or 26 with just a little bit of rubber. He even has the carli radius arms. Typical New Jersey style setup. So happy to live here and see this everyday.
Yeah.....not at all functional on a 4WD truck. These guys would be better off driving a 2WD truck or sports car.

At least it's not a tremor with that big chin.

Yeah.....not at all functional on a 4WD truck. These guys would be better off driving a 2WD truck or sports car.
The owner wasnt around. I really wanted to ask him a question as to why he put on a 10K off-road suspension with these wheels and tires. But i think i know what his response would have been:)

Weeeeelllll that being the case have you ever driven from Odessa to Pecos and then up to the border on 285? You will know why those tires are absolutely unfit for man or beast on those highways. I have done it hundreds of times.;)

Been at the ranch at 118 with 50 mph winds to 2 degrees with a foot of snow in 50 mph winds and drifts.:)

Weeeeelllll that being the case have you ever driven from Odessa to Pecos and then up to the border on 285? You will know why those tires are absolutely unfit for man or beast on those highways. I have done it hundreds of times.;)

Been at the ranch at 118 with 50 mph winds to 2 degrees with a foot of snow in 50 mph winds and drifts.:)
Yes, I have driven from Odessa to Pecos (the town that has ^ high ^ cost of living and nobody likes) and also on Highway 285, but only during the spring and summer months because the project got shut down. I have heard it snows in the higher elevations down in Alpine and south of there. I can name a few tires beside the Interco TrXus that are not good on paved roads.

I have been fortunate to have visited 45 states and traveled most fairly extensive. If I work another project in Texas, I am going to make it a mission to visit Fort Davis, Alpine, the Del Norte Mountains and Santiago Mountains on down to Big Bend. I've been to Del Norte Colorado several times (not much there)...so, guess I need to see the Del Norte Mountains in Texas. That said, my bar for scenery is set very high from being spoiled with numerous scenic views in several Rocky Mountain states (all from north to south) and the Pacific NW states.

This king ranger 13 dude is a bit of a joke. Puts something on, does video, in half a year comes back and tells people that on btw that didnt work. Totally unreliable and goofy. Puts on a 100$ puck spacer on a 90K truck and tells people that his 2022 has a best lift out there. I would stay clear of his experiments and recommendations.
Yea, I'm seeing that now. I went through and looked at a few of his videos. With that being said.... I renounce my previous post.

I agree with both of the above statements. People outside of the Rocky Mountain and Pacific Northwest states quite often are not able to grasp the "mud and snow all in the same day driving conditions". Are there better mud tires available? Yes. Are there better snow tires available? Yes. However, the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires are one of the few available in the market with good / great tread lugs (for bite and traction in mud) with sipes (for grip and traction on snow packed paved roads) and good / great tread void for mud clean out.

The “new” Hybred tire category is looking to leave the best of the all terrain tires in the dust

I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT in 305/70/r18 on Methods.
Really like these tires so far, but it did take two sets to find four tires that balanced well.
Noise level on par with the Duratrac. Road manners similar to the Ridge Grappler. Big tire for its size.
Lots of siping, so they should do well in snow.

baja1.jpg

baja2.jpg
baja3.jpg

baja4.jpg

baja5.jpg

I'm running Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT in 305/70/r18 on Methods.
Really like these tires so far, but it did take two sets to find four tires that balanced well.
Noise level on par with the Duratrac. Road manners similar to the Ridge Grappler. Big tire for its size.
Lots of siping, so they should do well in snow.

View attachment 38261

View attachment 38262View attachment 38263
View attachment 38264
View attachment 38265
Those look great.... definitely on my short list. I have the same wheels and was wondering what the 305/70r18 looked like on them. Thanks for posting and let us know how they do in cold wet/snow.

Are you making sure the tire capacity is 4040 lbs like the stock tire?. Very important if you hauling or towing heavy

Back