3" hitch ideas?

AustinTXDude

Tremor Fan
Reaction Points
Military
Army
Current Ride
2020 Tremor 6.7
I'm wanting an all-black hitch to match my blacked-out f250 tremor. I really don't tow anything with the truck but want it more in case of a rear-end. I'm not looking for a huge hitch just one that looks clean and has that don't hit me look. Has anyone bought something like this or seen some? Thanks in advance.

Take a look at these Spare Bumper / Super Bumpers:

My opinion, i dont drive with hitch in, if rear ended the drop on the hitch is alot of leverage going under truck which can and i have seen, bend the rear frame rails down just in front of hitch wher it bolts to frame. On trucks this tall in the rear, without a hitch in a car will go under the truck, still damage some stuff but the frame is waaay less likely damaged.

Just get a 12" long piece of square tube and put it in the receiver. Then put one of these on the end just in case it's a Prius who runs into you. If it doesn't instantly repell them from hitting you it should punch a perfectly shaped hole in the front of their car.

iu

Last edited by a moderator:
The Bulletproof hitch is all black.

Note that if you tow, the coating on the balls will come off sooner than later and they’ll be bare metal.

The B&W tow & stow, while it has chrome balls, is probably a better option for the more casual user. When stowed you don’t see the balls anyway. Very clean look.

Alternatively you can use a pintle hook. They are typically all black. But only useful for towing if towing heavy duty trailers, or if you put Lunette rings on your light duty trailers. They are useful for recovery though, as you can secure a soft shackle or rope to them.

All of the above are good options for fucking up anyone rear ending you.

The Bulletproof hitch is all black.

Note that if you tow, the coating on the balls will come off sooner than later and they’ll be bare metal.

The B&W tow & stow, while it has chrome balls, is probably a better option for the more casual user. When stowed you don’t see the balls anyway. Very clean look.

Alternatively you can use a pintle hook. They are typically all black. But only useful for towing if towing heavy duty trailers, or if you put Lunette rings on your light duty trailers. They are useful for recovery though, as you can secure a soft shackle or rope to them.

All of the above are good options for fucking up anyone rear ending you.
I use the bulletproof hitch. There shop is 3 minutes from me so I’m a bit biased.

Back