3” Receiver Covers

Why the need for a skid plate?
Well I go to places that challenge my approach and departure angles and the hitch always seems to take the scrapes. Especially with longer rigs. I have a 4Runner for tight trails that I've often scraped. Just depends on where ya go I guess. This pic doesn't show an extreme angle by any means, it was 11˚ up though. If I had a steeper hill than
IMG_4039.JPG
this with a short transition then my hitch could drag. I haven't yet been on roads I've previously been on where this was an issue. I'll have to wait and see

Last edited:
I also got myself a 2.5 -> 2.0" adapter. It was literally cheaper to get one of those than to get all new hitch covers.

I took the 2.5”x2” reducer outta my 2013 f50 when i traded it off for Tremor and slid it into my 3”x2.5” that came with New 2020.
I had considered doing the same. It would have been cheaper, but I wanted to minimize the amount of sleeves to cut down on dirt and road swill collection, and possible rattling. I like that yours sits more flush, but I prefer less adapters over more clearance. I can’t see myself getting into any situation where I’ll be in that extreme of conditions where scraping would be and issue, and if I plan to be, it’s one pin and I can remove the entire apparatus.

I leave the 2.5 sleeve in and the 2" that I bought as well. Ultimately the best place to store that. My 2.5 drop hitch is going to live locked to a bracket in the bed since it weighs a ton I don't want it flying through my head in an accident.

My ultimate plan is to make a cool custom cover for myself with some sort of Ford/Tremor graphic. I made this one for one of the local fire engines. Maybe even make a few for folks if there was enough interest but it all depends on how much time I have and getting through the busy season at work right now.
View attachment 3540
I’d be interested in something custom if you do for the cover...

I leave the 2.5 sleeve in and the 2" that I bought as well. Ultimately the best place to store that. My 2.5 drop hitch is going to live locked to a bracket in the bed since it weighs a ton I don't want it flying through my head in an accident.

My ultimate plan is to make a cool custom cover for myself with some sort of Ford/Tremor graphic. I made this one for one of the local fire engines. Maybe even make a few for folks if there was enough interest but it all depends on how much time I have and getting through the busy season at work right now.
View attachment 3540
I'd be interested in a custom one as well. thx

I'd be interested in a custom one as well. thx
Any ideas on art for a custom one? I was mulling over some ideas. Have to think of fonts and sizing. Would like to include options for F250/350 or 6.7/7.3
Depending on interest we could even add in designs for XLT/Lariat etc

Any ideas on art for a custom one? I was mulling over some ideas. Have to think of fonts and sizing. Would like to include options for F250/350 or 6.7/7.3
Depending on interest we could even add in designs for XLT/Lariat etc
Initials vs. General TREMOR design. maybe a black and chrome option.

Im interested. Throw up some ideas, and I'm sure a bunch will give their 2 cents.

I'm interested in a custom!

I'd want mine to be a rifle scope reticle.

1607376840444.png

Kinda something like that only a little more detail on the reticle, if it's an option. I could provide more detail if it's something you could make!

I’d definitely be game. Ideas...forum logo, something “tremor”, possibly a Godzilla silhouette for the 7.3 guys, and a scorpion in the attack position for the 6.7 guys.

Back