2A topic: ATF pistol brace reversal

6.7spoolin

Tremor Fiend
Reaction Points
Idk if any of you guys are “gun guys” or pay attention but the ATF is attempting to reverse their ruling and making pistol braces an NFA item ($200 tax stamp) which could make millions of people felons who don’t comply...

So if you are a second amendment supporter and have 5 mins please post a comment.

Mods feel free to deleted if the 2A topic is to controversial.

here’s a link to the Reddit that has a ton of info on the topic.

Here is the direct link for where to post a comment.

I respect your objection to the proposed changes but I do have to say that not the law makes you a felon it’s your actions. If the law gets changed it’s your responsibility to follow the law and ignorance of the law is and never has been a viable excuse.

I respect your objection to the proposed changes but I do have to say that not the law makes you a felon it’s your actions. If the law gets changed it’s your responsibility to follow the law and ignorance of the law is and never has been a viable excuse.

I agree to an extent. And I don’t wanna come off as saying ignorance is a defense.

just sharing to the people who want to attempt to stop it or could’ve bought a pistol brace and don’t know it could potentially be illegal and a felony soon.

Would suck to genuinely have no idea something became illegal and you get arrested for not knowing. Or people who would/do complain about The government and then not even taking a moment out of their day to do something so simple.

Edited for PC

Last edited:
The SIG Rattler .300blk with the flaming pig is my favorite Tremor accessory. I am thinking of just starting the paperwork to convert it to an SBR and avoid the rush.

Attachments

• 491492AF-5A63-46A8-AE7E-574294A8C6C6.jpeg
    491492AF-5A63-46A8-AE7E-574294A8C6C6.jpeg
    340 KB · Views: 47
I respectfully disagree. It is the law that makes you a felon when that law infringes on your basic individual rights. If tomorrow, your government makes a law that says you can't have sex with your wife on Tuesdays, will you stop drop and roll?

When NJ recently banned magazines larger than ten rounds they turned thousands of people into Felons over-night. Anyone who LEGALLY purchased a 9mm had 15 round mags. If you are suggesting that everyone should cough up the magazines they purchased legally because the government strong armed them and infringed on their rights, then you and I must disagree.

One last example for you to chew on. If the government said people can't protest during covid and anyone out in the streets would be arrested for doing so, would they be turning law abiding citizens into felons, or should everyone just comply and go home, because after all, it's now THE LAW!

Last edited:
The problem here is that the ATF is not a legislative authority.
They are strictly a LAW ENFORCEMENT branch.
They do not get to write the law, they merely get to enforce it, THAT is the really the BIG issue here in my opinion. So, I’m on board with trying to stop this overreach of power.
And to me registering one of these pistols as an SBR is not really the route I would want to go. And no it’s not about the $200 tax stamp, if it was a one time deal then fine. But, it is so convoluted now that you have to set up a trust (more money) and more legalities. Then you have to tell big daddy govmnt. Any time you move it across county lines, or state lines or else, boom Felon! If you move and don’t report it to big daddy govmnt., boom, Felon! NO THANKS!

But, as you can see I really don’t have much of an opinion....... LoL

I respectfully disagree. It is the law that makes you a felon when that law infringes on your basic individual rights. If tomorrow, your government makes a law that says you can't have sex with your wife on Tuesdays, will you stop drop and roll?

When NJ recently banned magazines larger than ten rounds they turned thousands of people into Felons over-night. Anyone who LEGALLY purchased a 9mm had 15 round mags. If you are suggesting that everyone should cough up the magazines they purchased legally because the government strong armed them and infringed on their rights, then you and I must disagree.

One last example for you to chew on. If the government said people can't protest during covid and anyone out in the streets would be arrested for doing so, would they be turning law abiding citizens into felons, or should everyone just comply and go home, because after all, it's now THE LAW!
Hi Big, fellow jerseyian here. Unrelated, but do you travel(drive) out of state through other states and carry? Have been into camping trips and the tremor will be upgrading our game to more remote areas. Thinking about getting something but dont know what. Just starting to research. Thanks,

It’s ridiculous that they keep changing their minds.

It’s even more ridiculous we allow them to infringe.
I think their minds have been made up for a long time
They cant take your guns right now so they will tax the hell out of what type of gun you have,
ammo magazines etc.

A dog will only take a beating for so long and then he will bite

God help us if it comes to this

Hi Big, fellow jerseyian here. Unrelated, but do you travel(drive) out of state through other states and carry? Have been into camping trips and the tremor will be upgrading our game to more remote areas. Thinking about getting something but dont know what. Just starting to research. Thanks,
Carry is a naughty word in NJ. I know you mean Transport but they are two very different things. One will get you placed at gun point in NJ the other will be a inquiry.

This is what NJ says about Transport across state lines.
  1. The person's possession of the firearm was lawful in the state in which the journey began;
  2. The person's possession of the firearm will be lawful in the state in which the journey will end
NJ has a few other laws concerning firearm transportation. They are quite simple to follow, and easy to look up using google. I highly recommend you do so and follow them to the letter. I'm pretty well versed regarding all of NJ firearm laws, so if you ever have a question feel free to PM me.

What you're saying as it relates, generally, to the law is true, but the OP was pointing to something called the United States Constitution and as such, the Second Amendment to that Constitution. Just because an entity with a charter to uphold the "law" makes a statement about what violates a particular "law," doesn't make them correct, as they are the ones solely responsible for the "interpretation." Therefore, there have been and still are mechanisms in place to challenge the "interpretation." It's obvious to anyone that understands this and most law abiding citizens that truly believe in the United States Constitution will stand and defend it instead of blindly following what is represented as the "law" but at the same time, unconstitutional.

Thanks OP for posting this....

MB

What you're saying as it relates, generally, to the law is true, but the OP was pointing to something called the United States Constitution and as such, the Second Amendment to that Constitution. Just because an entity with a charter to uphold the "law" makes a statement about what violates a particular "law," doesn't make them correct, as they are the ones solely responsible for the "interpretation." Therefore, there have been and still are mechanisms in place to challenge the "interpretation." It's obvious to anyone that understands this and most law abiding citizens that truly believe in the United States Constitution will stand and defend it instead of blindly following what is represented as the "law" but at the same time, unconstitutional.

Thanks OP for posting this....

MB
More eloquently said than I. Thanks for puting it in plain english.

Back