295/70R18

lizardshake

Tremor Member
Reaction Points
Current Ride
2020 F-350 Tremor
Thinking about putting some Firestone MT2 295/70r18 on. Anyone have this size and/or combination? Wondering if it will track as bad as stockers. Post up pics if you got it.

Thinking about putting some Firestone MT2 295/70r18 on. Anyone have this size and/or combination? Wondering if it will track as bad as stockers. Post up pics if you got it.
First, I too have decided on that size tire if I keep the factory rims....think the extra 3/4 inch width will help your truck track better and look better. As for the Tires....thats what I had on my 2014 FX4 F150...I loved them and they were awsome. Not that noisy at all...only a tiny bit more than BFG ATs....and they were really good tires for a very good price!

I have a pick....This is last summer....MT2s on Fuel Full Blown wheels....I traded that truck in on my Tremor.

Attachments

• Bruce_F150.jpg
    Bruce_F150.jpg
    516.8 KB · Views: 360
I have a pick....This is last summer....MT2s on Fuel Full Blown wheels....I traded that truck in on my Tremor.
I currently have 33x12.50r20 mt2’s on my work truck and they are awesome. Just don’t wanna spend the cake if the truck won’t track any better.

I currently have 33x12.50r20 mt2’s on my work truck and they are awesome. Just don’t wanna spend the cake if the truck won’t track any better.
Go to tiresize.com....there you can determine the actual width of every single tire you might consider....and you can look at every available tire size and brand its a fantastic site. I think you need an extra inch width to see an improvement in tracking. but that is a guess

The other little trick is to add castor to your alignment........make your castor +3-3.5 degrees by adding shims....this also cures death wobble.

Now that its been over a year. Has anyone put the Firestone MT2 in any size on the Tremor?

I ran that size on my 2016 F350 with Yokohama Geolanders so I can't speak for a MT tire in that size. The tires handled great after they were broken in and that size had the highest load rating available for a SRW. Also I ran them with a +1 offset fuel wheel, they didn't rub with the stock suspension, nor did they stick out beyond the fenders.

I was looking at this size due to the max load rating (4080 pounds per tire) and overall weight (67 pounds). This tire is 12" wide and 34.6" tall. I found the Yokohama Geolander X-AT LT295/70R18 on Walmart.com for $247 a tire right now. Tirerack has these listed for $330 so it appears to be a heck of a deal!

yokohama-geolander-walmart.png

bumping an older thread....anyone run 295/70r18 on stock wheel/suspension? wondering if there's any rubbing going with the wider tire on stock setup.

bumping an older thread....anyone run 295/70r18 on stock wheel/suspension? wondering if there's any rubbing going with the wider tire on stock setup.
I don’t think they are going to rub but I should have a set soon to put on and try.
Will post some pics and report back.

after 35k on the stock Duratrac i put on Goodyear Territory MT 305/70/18, so after 1k miles, no rubbing or any other issues. I was hoping for another tire but the supply chain isssues did not allow many options.

I don’t think they are going to rub but I should have a set soon to put on and try.
Will post some pics and report back.

What brand did you go with?

Here is an excellent tool for comparing different wheel and/or tire sizes against stock. Our stock Tremor wheels are 18 x 8 ET 40, and the stock tires are 285/75 R18

First, I too have decided on that size tire if I keep the factory rims....think the extra 3/4 inch width will help your truck track better and look better. As for the Tires....thats what I had on my 2014 FX4 F150...I loved them and they were awsome. Not that noisy at all...only a tiny bit more than BFG ATs....and they were really good tires for a very good price!
Dave I know I have seen your post before but I cant find...What size tires on at the time of your profile pic there?

Latest Discussions

Back