250 or 350?

Djdannyd93

Tremor Fanatic
Reaction Points
I am leaning towards the gas 7.3

diesel isn’t out of the option entirely.

what’s the difference between the 250 and 350 with the tremor package equipped?

Seems to be the payload sticker. Since the 250/350 come with the same components.

I am leaning towards the gas 7.3

diesel isn’t out of the option entirely.

what’s the difference between the 250 and 350 with the tremor package equipped?
I had a f250 diesel and traded up for the 350 diesel With the Tremor package. because of payload capacity. The difference between the 2 is that the door jamb sticker on the :50 says I can put 850 more pounds in or on the 350. Reasons for this is the setup from the factory. I jested the hard way ,
So if you ask me then go with the 350
And I have the auto drop running boards which I like better than the fixed because of clearance while driving.

Ok sweet , so more payload out of the truck box. The running boards roll down when park is engaged? I work oilfield roads and the mud can get out of control so maybe the fixed running boards would be better for myslef?
I tow at least 4 days a month but usually under 5K trailer

Ok sweet , so more payload out of the truck box. The running boards roll down when park is engaged? I work oilfield roads and the mud can get out of control so maybe the fixed running boards would be better for myslef?
You should really talk to a factory truck person to get the scoop on real difference between the 250 and 350.
I haven’t compared payload of a 7.3 250 gas And a 6.7 diesel 350 ?
As far as the running boards go , I was a skeptic also with snow and ice build up. However they are built Ford tough and have had no issues.

I have looked at a multitude of threads on the http://ford-trucks.com forums

Here are my stickers for a 2020 F250 Tremor 6.7 with high capacity towing.

Does anyone have stickers for a 2020 F350 6.7 Tremor? I have a feeling it's going to say 11900 GVWR or thereabouts.

The question that I am trying to answer is: If the F350 sticker is higher, and the components are the same (F250 has dana axle and 5 leaf springs), is the sticker on the F250 "a lie", and it ought to be 11900? Furthermore should F250 Tremor w/ High Capacity Towing owners mentally put an asterisk on their GVWRs and consider them to for all intents and purposes be 11900?

Or truly is there a difference and the 250's payload sticker is correct and the 350's payload sticker is correct?

s1.jpg

s2.jpg

Here's my 6.7 350 stickers:
IMG_20200703_091315.jpg
IMG_20200703_091330.jpg

Because it does effect overall weight and payload capacity, note that this is a Lariat Ultimate with the moon roof and a bench seat.

Last edited:

You can turn off the power folding steps, leaving them locked in the up or down position as you see fit. I wanted them... But I wanted a bench seat more and you need a console for the folding step harness.

Here's my 6.7 350 stickers:

Because it does effect overall weight and payload capacity, note that this is a Lariat Ultimate with the moon roof and a bench seat.

The stickers for the 250 above are for a Lariat Ultimate with the moon roof as well, with the center console.

Your rear leaf springs say 88NN and mine say 77NN, so I will consider the matter settled. There are differences in components.

I read on another Ford Superduty forum that there are several bar codes for 250 vs 350 frames that are equipped the same. I also understand that there are brake actuation differences between the 250 vs 350 trucks ?

All it means is the certification your springs are rated at. Has nothing to do with anything else.. When your buy a F350 (Tremor) your paying for that payload/towing rating and that cost money. Doesn't mean that a Tremor F250 cant't tow/haul the same weight as a F350. The real reason, is can it tow it legally according to the manufacturer.

All it means is the certification your springs are rated at. Has nothing to do with anything else.. When your buy a F350 (Tremor) your paying for that payload/towing rating and that cost money. Doesn't mean that a Tremor F250 cant't tow/haul the same weight as a F350. The real reason, is can it tow it legally according to the manufacturer.

So an 88NN rear leaf spring is the same part as a 77NN rear leaf spring?

And I can mentally figure my 10800 GVWR sticker really might as well say 11500?

This should help clear some things up. You'll have to scroll down quite a bit to get to the specifics regarding springs.

Good read but not sure how accurate there data is in the F-250 gas rear springs. This article http://www.trucktrend.com/news/2001-ford-f-250-super-duty-tremor-just-big-lifted-truck has a good picture of the gas F-250 rear springs which are 5 packs not the 3 referenced in the diesel suspension breakdown article. The F-250 I test drove had 5 leaf rear springs and the Dana M275 axle. I wish would have taken pictures of the rear suspension at that time.

Ultimately I choose to order a F-350 7.3L to get the higher legal stickered payload of 11300 GVWR vs 10000 GVWR on 7.3L. There appears to be no physical difference between the F-250 and F-350 Tremor suspensions so actual capability is probably the same just not in the eyes of a DOT enforcement officer.

Edit. fixed the link with pictures of suspension on 7.3L

Last edited:
Here is a ford rear spring chart.
Screenshot_20200703-195541_Chrome.jpg

F250 XLT Value Package. Fewer Options means more Loading.
F250XLT.TremorLoadingInfo.jpg

F250XLT.TremorGVW.jpg

F350 Tremor 7.3

Attachments

• tremor.jpg
    tremor.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 156
  • tremor2.jpg
    tremor2.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 159
According to the Ford website, payload and towing capacity for F250 and F350 are the same. And the payloads. Payload on the website is double what’s on the car’
E74B0481-FF2F-40F8-BC56-F109F32332A3.png
s compliance plate. What am I missing?

Back